Frank Del Rio: " . . . the emphasis will continue to be push prices up . . .

mianmike

IMHO: anyone can cruise in the Haven or Suites on NCL. You just have to pay the fare or get an upsell. I travel in NCL suites because it is what I like. For various reasons. Separation from class is definately not my motivation.

I do not fit the income demographic. But being older, divorced, no kids and smart with my money I can and do choose to spend my money on travel in the way I enjoy.

I said setup and fare - NOT the income brackets of those that actual choose them! Big difference....

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

So, as you said, never say "never". As a matter of fact, since our 2016 cruise calendar is pretty full, how about looking for something together in 2017? We've had lunch together but never sailed together, it could be fun. I'll be on the lookout for a suitably sedate and boring cruise ;) :cool:.

Would love to cruise with you and Betsy! Didn't you say that you'll be in our neck of the woods next year? Let me know when you find a "sedate and boring cruise":D

I am actually enjoying almost all of this thread.... people are showing a sense of humor and being fairly open. Very refreshing! I'm wondering if I could steal the phrase "blank stare" on the Regent board or if I'd never hear the end of it.

Have a great Thanksgiving - we'll be onboard the Mariner enjoying turkey and all the fixins!

I actually HOPE that prices rise slightly, and that the benefits that we have been getting continue. DW and I cruise 3x-4x per year, and value the SDP and UDP added with our bookings. More people that are accustomed to premium cruise lines (3 star on HAL) will venture over. Now, we are considering giving Oceania a shot to see how they compare :-)

Prices rising slightly will price out the "booze cruise crowd"

Edited by UPNYGuy

Would love to cruise with you and Betsy! Didn't you say that you'll be in our neck of the woods next year? Let me know when you find a "sedate and boring cruise...

Have a great Thanksgiving - we'll be onboard the Mariner enjoying turkey and all the fixins!

We'll be on an RV road trip to the West coast in 2017 because we want to sail American Empress on the Columbia River. We'll be too busy in 2016 because of our world cruise (6 months) and our Mekong River Cruise later in the year. We will likely sail NCL in 2017. Any cruise we pick will be boring to the youngsters :).

I check for upgrades to first class once I get to the airport. Upgraded to first class from coach going from Atlanta to Alberta Canada for under $200. No way I'd pay full price.

When I was flying from Denver to Frankfurt in may, I asked about upgrading to first class when I was checking in at the airport.

They said the cost to upgrade would be $8000.:eek:

When I stopped laughing, I declined. :D

I actually HOPE that prices rise slightly, and that the benefits that we have been getting continue. DW and I cruise 3x-4x per year, and value the SDP and UDP added with our bookings. More people that are accustomed to premium cruise lines (3 star on HAL) will venture over. Now, we are considering giving Oceania a shot to see how they compare :-)

Prices rising slightly will price out the "booze cruise crowd"

are you assuming people who drink booze, those cruisers are broke, and cant afford to cruise if they raise the prices?

Are you also saying that" the booze cruise crowd " are not the type of passengers you'd rather not spend your time near whilst on vacation?

Who are you considering the "booze cruise crowd ", please describe?

Why should they not be allowed to cruise on the same ship as you , since you want to price "them" out?

Why are they less than you because of how they chose to spend their time enjoying their vacation?

The overtone of your posts sounds a bit disconcernting, therefore more clarification is needed since you put it out there.

To me this whole thread is silly. I really don't see prices have gone up that much. I can go on the same type of cruise a year from now that I am already booked for this Jan and not pay much more.

The premise of the thread in part was Del Rio's statement that they will be able to continue to push prices higher once all the ships have been dry docked. So they may have only gone up a little now but expect them to continue to rise in the next two years.

The premise of the thread in part was Del Rio's statement that they will be able to continue to push prices higher once all the ships have been dry docked. So they may have only gone up a little now but expect them to continue to rise in the next two years.
Unfortunately, things never stay the same and thankfully cruising is not a necessity so we can either live with the changes or not. Edited by NLH Arizona

Expect everything to go up next two years except SS benefits:mad:

Yep, and NCL isn't the only cruise line on the ocean either. Doesn't mean that we can't discuss it.
That's what I'm doing. Celebrity also raised their drink and drink package prices this year, along with other changes, so it seems like all the cruise lines are raising prices/fees in one way or another.

Yep, and NCL isn't the only cruise line on the ocean either. Doesn't mean that we can't discuss it.

Yes and even the other cruise lines are having their own wacky problems - pick the cruise line(s) that gives you the least aggravation before, during & after a trip and enjoy.

But to constantly gripe about a line, whether you going on it or not- at some point you have to let it go and move on. Why? Because dwelling on stuff / posting negatively that you have a choice to pay and is not a necessary like home /gas/water; is to get yourself tune out by very object you're talking about. Let's be honest - yeah, the takeout rule was overturned but look at other stuff that some people, not all people, have whine about since and NCL still earn billions despite the "uproar". And look at NCL official response to said "anger" - might as well scream at a brick wall.

Yes, this is Cruise Critic but the posters that are completely upset at NCL are not really critiquing or criticizing without giving some good points, now it's just plain nitpicking and rants - What company is going to listen to what a extremely miniscule group of 20 on one forum is saying, while larger groups in hundreds / thousands are emailing, writing letters, responing to surveys, calling phone centers, posting on Facebook/Twitter, roll call forums are voicing their opinion. Who knows what those people are saying but; it looks like it's mostly positive because NCL still moved forward with the "negative" changes instead of reversing each and every one of them.

and NCL still earn billions despite the "uproar". And look at NCL official response to said "anger" - might as well scream at a brick wall.

Yes, this is Cruise Critic but the posters that are completely upset at NCL are not really critiquing or criticizing without giving some good points, now it's just plain nitpicking and rants - What company is going to listen to what a extremely miniscule group of 20 on one forum is saying, while larger groups in hundreds / thousands are emailing, writing letters, responing to surveys, calling phone centers, posting on Facebook/Twitter, roll call forums are voicing their opinion. Who knows what those people are saying but; it looks like it's mostly positive because NCL still moved forward with the "negative" changes instead of reversing each and every one of them.

I seem to remember that NCL stock dropped because they didn't meet the revenue goals recently. Are you aware of that ?????

Where do you get your statistics ???

Edited by swedish weave

Yes and even the other cruise lines are having their own wacky problems - pick the cruise line(s) that gives you the least aggravation before, during & after a trip and enjoy.

But to constantly gripe about a line, whether you going on it or not- at some point you have to let it go and move on. Why? Because dwelling on stuff / posting negatively that you have a choice to pay and is not a necessary like home /gas/water; is to get yourself tune out by very object you're talking about. Let's be honest - yeah, the takeout rule was overturned but look at other stuff that some people, not all people, have whine about since and NCL still earn billions despite the "uproar". And look at NCL official response to said "anger" - might as well scream at a brick wall.

I can guarantee you people are not calling to thank them for increasing fees and taking away what was previously included.

Maxwell, I don't have an issue with someone voicing their displeasure whenever they want or how often they want, but they have to realize that those that don't see it their way will voice their opinion. Not everyone is happy with NCL, but there seems to be more that are happy then there are those that are not.

Time will tell if NCL and all the other Lines, because they are all making changes and raising costs, have shot themselves in the foot, but I think they will just follow the airlines, after they started fee, gave less legroom, etc., and do just fine.

You cannot control what a person wishes to put on a forum. You can only control you. Therefore, if it is bothers you then what you and anybody else needs to is by pass the thread, use your ignore or join the conversation.

We have the right to say whatever the hell we want to say. If i want to gripe and nick pick every hour of every day that is MY right , but what you wont do is give me a damn guideline or your rules because you don't like it. Who are you????????????

so i as long as i am a paying customer, i will rant and rave until my hearts content and it damn thing you can do about it except NOT read it nor post to the applicable thread ..that is the only thing in your control. In other words change what you have the abilty to change.

That works both ways. If i dont like some, i will keep it moving, or i will post my comments or opinions

Now if you or anyone want me to find another cruise and you want comp me losses, then i will do so... if you not. ..then please take a seat.

Maxwell, I don't have an issue with someone voicing their displeasure whenever they want or how often they want, but they have to realize that those that don't see it their way will voice their opinion. Not everyone is happy with NCL, but there seems to be more that are happy then there are those that are not.

Time will tell if NCL and all the other Lines, because they are all making changes and raising costs, have shot themselves in the foot, but I think they will just follow the airlines, after they started fee, gave less legroom, etc., and do just fine.

Which is why I said pick the line(s) that give you the least headache because most of cruise lines have raised their fare/cost, changed policies and/or changing their brand to go after a completely different demographic. There's nothing wrong with voicing one's displeasure but to think that constantly complaining from extremely small group of individuals on one forum is going to change a cruise line's mind and direction - well, that's a different story. Happen with Sheehan in the past when he was running the show but Del Rio/ Stuart are not him - there's the difference that upsetting the posters that are angry.