Current Concierges continued discussion

Another Cruise buddy on the Adventurer repositioning cruise reported that Sucel was on medical leave this week and will be for at least 3 more weeks. Hugo Galvez is covering the CL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

We were on the Adventure April 28 for 7 days (southern Carrib) when Sucel became ill and left the ship in Aruba. Hugo was brought in from Guest Services on Adventure when she left. They had hoped Sucel would return when Adventure headed to Bayonne. I am sorry to read she is still on medical leave. She was excellent and has been with Adventure for a long time. Hugo was very nice - always a big smile! There were less GS and above guests and and Pinnacles than D and D+ (using the D lounge) and it was decided it would work out better for Hugo to go into the SL and keep Christopher in the D lounge. Christopher, also very nice, was helping (instructing?) Hugo when we were there. I hope Sucel has a speedy recovery and that Royal finds a concierge position somewhere for Hugo.

Edited by BEENSAILING

Just off AD..I never have met Sucel so can't compare,but I want to say Hugo Galvez is such an asset to the Suite Lounge.......he is right up there with my most impressed concierge list............such a nice guy.

Just off AD..I never have met Sucel so can't compare,but I want to say Hugo Galvez is such an asset to the Suite Lounge.......he is right up there with my most impressed concierge list............such a nice guy.
Good to hear Kathy!!

Friend onboard OA -- Lyli confirmed that she IS going to the SL on May 27th to replace Claudine Benjamin who goes on vacation that day. Frederico is in the SL until 7-22-2018 -- Lyli not sure of his return date or where he is going after vacation. and she doesn’t know where he’s going after that

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

This person says she’s the FT person in Allure’s Diamond Lounge.

ebf2890ff6a39e62b0c1b934b9bbe123.jpg

Karen -- do you mean she is the Diamond Concierge? That's what I have on the Google Doc but from my information, it looks like she is due to leave soon (unless she has been on vacation and returned).

Could you please ask her how long she will be on AL and who will be replacing her while she is on vacation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Karen -- do you mean she is the Diamond Concierge? That's what I have on the Google Doc but from my information, it looks like she is due to leave soon (unless she has been on vacation and returned).

Could you please ask her how long she will be on AL and who will be replacing her while she is on vacation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Yes, as the picture says, Diamond Concierge. Someone reported Dudley Jean was there last week but he was up with Dexter as a Suites Concierge.

I will be on the Jewel on June 24 cruise and the spreadsheet is missing names. I wrote an email to the Concierge asking who is in the CL and DL. Will post so spreadsheet can be updated when I receive a reply.

Re Jewel - I heard back from Romina Gheorge in the CL. Romina also was in CL on Jewel Greek Island cruise we did last year. Really lovely, so nice and so helpful! I look forward to seeing her again on June 24 Med cruise. In the DL is Haffner Pereira, as you have on spreadsheet.-Cheryl

We were on the Adventure April 28 for 7 days (southern Carrib) when Sucel became ill and left the ship in Aruba. Hugo was brought in from Guest Services on Adventure when she left. They had hoped Sucel would return when Adventure headed to Bayonne. I am sorry to read she is still on medical leave. She was excellent and has been with Adventure for a long time. Hugo was very nice - always a big smile! There were less GS and above guests and and Pinnacles than D and D+ (using the D lounge) and it was decided it would work out better for Hugo to go into the SL and keep Christopher in the D lounge. Christopher, also very nice, was helping (instructing?) Hugo when we were there. I hope Sucel has a speedy recovery and that Royal finds a concierge position somewhere for Hugo.

We are sailing on AD next Friday (5/25) and just received an email from Hugo introducig himself and listing Suite benefits. Odd thing is... we are in a Junior Suite but the email list includes access to the Suite lounge, free room service, Suite seating for shows, Suite pool seating, etc. I thought JS did not have those benefits?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on AD next Friday (5/25) and just received an email from Hugo introducig himself and listing Suite benefits. Odd thing is... we are in a Junior Suite but the email list includes access to the Suite lounge, free room service, Suite seating for shows, Suite pool seating, etc. I thought JS did not have those benefits?

Perhaps you’ve been upgraded. . . It could happen. More likely though, RCI’s system goofed. I’d call or double check the cabin number on your set sail pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

JS does not have the benefits you listed. If you are Pinnacle in any room you have above listed benefits except for free room service all day. System glitch or upgrade?

Perhaps you’ve been upgraded. . . It could happen. More likely though, RCI’s system goofed. I’d call or double check the cabin number on your set sail pass.

Checked the website, still the JS we booked.

You mean Royal’s IT dept is not reliable? [emoji23]

Liberty update - Carlington Berry told us he was leaving to join Navigator when we left 5/6. I believe he was leaving in 2 weeks. He told us Jorge would go back to SL, not sure who would cover DL.
c

Carlington Berry is a very cool cat. Sailed with him several times. Special fun was on EN where he (in the DL) and Reyno (in the CL) were competing for guests. Did several cruises with both of them. As said before, lots of fun there!

Hugo may have gotten confused. He is covering the SL while Sucel recovers.

Another of my cruise buddies is on Rhapsody and Hajeon Hsim or JJ is in the DL. Ligia Kandler is in the CL but she is going on vacation in 3 weeks. It's been awhile since we had an RH update -- she is currently doing a trans-Atlantic. ;

JJ Hajeong is the Concierge for the Diamond Club on the Rhapsody. She is by far the best we have ever encountered.

Checked the website, still the JS we booked.

You mean Royal’s IT dept is not reliable? [emoji23]

Last month on AD in a JS the concierge sent out the suite welcome letter. He admitted his mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums