Just off Oasis, 8:30 am, already checked in at FLL

To anyone wondering whether they can make early flights out of FLL after debarking Oasis, we were checked in, through security and waiting at our gate by 8:30 am. We did NOT walk off with our luggage, rather we had an early Departure Group number and collected our bags in the terminal. Everything was extremely well organized. That said, we were told that they would only call our Departure Group number only at 8:30 but it was called at 7:15

To anyone wondering whether they can make early flights out of FLL after debarking Oasis, we were checked in, through security and waiting at our gate by 8:30 am. We did NOT walk off with our luggage, rather we had an early Departure Group number and collected our bags in the terminal. Everything was extremely well organized. That said, we were told that they would only call our Departure Group number only at 8:30 but it was called at 7:15

WOW

Great, so just curious what time did you book your flight for?

Thanks

Safe travels.

WOW

Great, so just curious what time did you book your flight for?

Thanks

Safe travels.

10:50 am, so we are waiting now. There was a 9:50 flight but I was worried that would be too tight. It is 9:05 now and the earlier flight still has not boarded yet so we would have made it with time to spare. However, I would still be too nervous to book a flight that early.

10:50 am, so we are waiting now. There was a 9:50 flight but I was worried that would be too tight. It is 9:05 now and the earlier flight still has not boarded yet so we would have made it with time to spare. However, I would still be too nervous to book a flight that early.

Don't want to hijack this topic but am curious how you made out with the arcade. I know you were concerned about that prior to your cruise.

Don't want to hijack this topic but am curious how you made out with the arcade. I know you were concerned about that prior to your cruise.

Hahahahaha! It's funny how things that seem so important pre cruise just melt away once on board :D . My son ended up putting his sea pass card on a lanyard (as suggested) and put it in a designated area when he was playing sports. I never tried to put arcade credit on anyone's card so I don't know any more about that process than I did before I boarded. Thanks for asking :)

Hahahahaha! It's funny how things that seem so important pre cruise just melt away once on board :D . My son ended up putting his sea pass card on a lanyard (as suggested) and put it in a designated area when he was playing sports. I never tried to put arcade credit on anyone's card so I don't know any more about that process than I did before I boarded. Thanks for asking :)

My son always found better things to do than the arcade too, glad it wasn't an issue.:)

Thanks for the information about departure today, we have a 10am flight after our Oasis cruise so we are hoping the odds will be in our favor and we make it with no issues.:p

Thanks for the information about departure today, we have a 10am flight after our Oasis cruise so we are hoping the odds will be in our favor and we make it with no issues.:p

They just started boarding the 10:00 am folks now, an hour after we were checked in so hopefully you will have time to spare. I already want to go back - have a great cruise!!

Same with us. We were in a suite and the disembarking was great. Walked off by concierge and bypassed the lines. Took about 15 minutes total.

Did you use luggage valet or did you pick it up from the suite luggage area? How many departure groups did the concierge have?

We used the suite departure line with the concierge on India a few weeks ago it was awesome. Our flight left at 11:30 so we were able to use luggage valet. I am contemplating a flight that goes at 10:30 and schlepping our own luggage off, which also includes checking in our luggage at the airport.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Same deal here. The line off my Carnie cruise ship took 10 minutes and the customs line another 30. My flight is at 11am and I've been sitting at the airport with an hour and half to spare. Some ladies near me aren't flying out for another six hours.

Same with us. We were in a suite and the disembarking was great. Walked off by concierge and bypassed the lines. Took about 15 minutes total.

This may be a silly question but do suite guests or pinnacle members get a special customs line?

There were definitely more than 2 customs guards working. My daughter recalls about 8. We did not have a concierge walk off nor a special customs line (not in a suite) and we were still out in no time flat. Sure beat our experience off Freedom at PC 2 years ago!!

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

As Suzy stated , last week was a disaster getting off the Oasis. We did express departure , but arrived later than usual into port due to the jumper the previous day. We were allowed to leave at about 8.30 am. We waited 1.5 hours on level 5 with a few thousand others wanting to do express departure. Anyone with an early flight was pretty much out of luck.Tempers were flair ing as some jumped the que . Pretty inconsiderate in my opinion. I don't book flights any sooner than noon so I was not in any rush, but I have had enough cruising for now, and the departure issues iced it for me.I would not recommend taking chances with early flights.You never know when someone is going to do something to change your plan.

You are absolutely correct, which is why we were so nervous about booking a 10:50 flight. Most times you will be ok, but you never know

I am keeping my fingers crossed. We have a 9.25am departure and am planning on doing express self departure and be in line by 6.15.

Catr13, you should be ok as long as there are no issues, and there usually isnt. The buffet opens at 5:30 am for breakfast , so if you are already packed ,you can partake in your last meal aboard ship and still be off early . I have arrived at the airport at 7 am two other times off of the Oasis. You will not have any lines ahead of you getting off , at customs or getting a cab to the airport.I personally would rather wait at the airport rather than in lines , so thats why i do express departure . I wish you the best of luck.

Did you cab it to FLL? I assume you did not use RCI transfers.

Did you cab it to FLL? I assume you did not use RCI transfers.

Yes, we took a cab to FLL. We are 5 people and were worried we would not find a cab to accommodate us and our luggage, but it was so well organized. We waited about 2 minutes for a cab (mini van) at about 7:45 am. It was $15 total to the airport. Transfers wanted $11 per person.