Frustrations trying to arrange dining for 10 on the Escape -- Help!!

NYNJCRUISER

I have spent 4 aggravating weeks fighting with NCL because they insist that our party of 10 can only dine at 5:30 or 9:30, in either complimentary or specialty restaurants. So much for "freestyle dining". Not even going into the fact that their phone reps and supervisors do not know the ship AT ALL nor even how their online stuff works. Does anyone know of a way to get the attention of management besides the usual channels (phone, email, Twitter) which yield absolutely zero results? Early reviews mostly talk about poor staff attitude so I'm feeling very Scrooge-like these days. 😂

I have spent 4 aggravating weeks fighting with NCL because they insist that our party of 10 can only dine at 5:30 or 9:30, in either complimentary or specialty restaurants. So much for "freestyle dining". Not even going into the fact that their phone reps and supervisors do not know the ship AT ALL nor even how their online stuff works. Does anyone know of a way to get the attention of management besides the usual channels (phone, email, Twitter) which yield absolutely zero results? Early reviews mostly talk about poor staff attitude so I'm feeling very Scrooge-like these days.

You'll likely have much more luck onboard making the arrangements, especially for the main dining rooms.

Last week, we had a group of 10 and a group of 8 (all 18 were together) next to us in La Cucina, so that would have been set up onboard for sure.

Good luck, and hope it all works out!

Edited by SuiteCruiser

I have spent 4 aggravating weeks fighting with NCL because they insist that our party of 10 can only dine at 5:30 or 9:30, in either complimentary or specialty restaurants. So much for "freestyle dining". Not even going into the fact that their phone reps and supervisors do not know the ship AT ALL nor even how their online stuff works. Does anyone know of a way to get the attention of management besides the usual channels (phone, email, Twitter) which yield absolutely zero results? Early reviews mostly talk about poor staff attitude so I'm feeling very Scrooge-like these days. 😂

When is your cruise? We booked on MYNCL at around 90 days out and there was plenty of availability. Got the times we wanted. Had to book some venues for 6 as that was the max number allowed, and then someone else did a booking for the extras over 6. Once on board we'll let them know in advance the two reservations are together. If you are late to the booking process and the alloted number of precruise reservations for your desired time slots has been met, then I would take the 5:30s and then go straight to the reservation desk as soon as you board to get them changed.

We did not book any MDRs as we feel it is unnecessary, but as I recall, they do limit the times available for booking the MDR to very early and very late. But, on the day of, just stopping by the hostess desk early in the day to inquire if a party of X would be any problem at xx time, they may be able to plan ahead and accommodate you quickly with no waiting.

You really don't have to do that for the MDR. We just got off the ship - there are a lot of accommodations in the MDR for large parties. 10 is not an issue at all. For the specialties, as soon as you board, you can make those reservations.

We had similar frustrations with the BA in August for a party of 15. If you can, just make multiple reservations around the time you want for the number in your party. Once onboard, call the reservations number and tell them you're all together - and they'll link/combine all of the individual reservations.

I'd still show up a few mins early, and verify at each hostess stand that they know you want seating together. It was never an issue for us... all of our frustrations were unnecessary.

But do it as soon as you are on board. Do two smaller bookings and amalgamate them EARLY!!

We were in a MDR one night and a group of 18 arrived with three bookings and demanded that they be seated together!!! That caused apoplexy with the staff as they were very busy. They did manage to combine two groups as the tables of 6 were adjacent but the others were left a little way away.

The service to all of them was, shall we say, not at the usual standard nor at the standard the rest of the diners were getting.

The early bird .......

Mike

When is your cruise? We booked on MYNCL at around 90 days out and there was plenty of availability. Got the times we wanted. Had to book some venues for 6 as that was the max number allowed, and then someone else did a booking for the extras over 6. Once on board we'll let them know in advance the two reservations are together. If you are late to the booking process and the alloted number of precruise reservations for your desired time slots has been met, then I would take the 5:30s and then go straight to the reservation desk as soon as you board to get them changed.

We did not book any MDRs as we feel it is unnecessary, but as I recall, they do limit the times available for booking the MDR to very early and very late. But, on the day of, just stopping by the hostess desk early in the day to inquire if a party of X would be any problem at xx time, they may be able to plan ahead and accommodate you quickly with no waiting.

From an earlier post, I'm guessing it's December 26. If so, that might be the problem as it's likely at capacity for the holidays.

Just book it separately them when on board merge the reservations together. We had a group of 13 and they were able to accommodate. Mind you we also had early meal times 5:30 and 6 (kids) so that may have made it easier. ..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

All large party bookings for the MDR are usually set at 5:30 and 9:30. Its not a new thing and its pretty easy for them to get the tables at those times.

HOWEVER is your party truly going to want together every day? and at the same time? Maybe a few times let it be truly freestyle and everyone do what they want to do.

For the 'group' nights do speak ahead of time to the Maitre 'd and set something up that is more to your liking, as well as going the route others have suggested. For the most part NCL has smaller tables as people don't usually want to share, therefore large parties aren't catered to as well as on those ships with set dining times.

I have spent 4 aggravating weeks fighting with NCL because they insist that our party of 10 can only dine at 5:30 or 9:30, in either complimentary or specialty restaurants. So much for "freestyle dining". Not even going into the fact that their phone reps and supervisors do not know the ship AT ALL nor even how their online stuff works. Does anyone know of a way to get the attention of management besides the usual channels (phone, email, Twitter) which yield absolutely zero results? Early reviews mostly talk about poor staff attitude so I'm feeling very Scrooge-like these days. [emoji23]

For the Manhattan Room (MDR), make your arrangements once you are on board. They actually have one section of tables for large groups (8 tops (which could be 10 tops), 10 tops, and 12 tops) which would handle your group nicely.

BTW: does anyone remember the days when there were only 10 tops,,,, and you spend a long evening of dining waiting for the slowest person in your group to finish each course?

03bcc7ac11b8e51f845e5b3006e53e23.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels