Is this a sale or joke

Shogun

Hi All

Hows is this for a sale,

6th Apr 2016 - 11 Nights - Emerald Princess

London (Southampton), England : Gran Canaria (Las Palmas), Canary I : Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Canary Isla : Lanzarote (Arrecife), Canary Island : Madeira (Funchal), Portugal : Vigo, Spain (For Santiago De Compos : London (Southampton), England

CRUISE ONLY FROM:

INSIDE £898 Was: £899

OUTSIDE £1098 Was: £1099

BALCONY £1398 Was: £1399

Check Availability

yours Shogun

My best guess is the £1 savings is to help with the approximately same amount the gratuity has been increased :rolleyes: However, that £1 only helps with only one day's tips. You would have thought the price could have been decreased £11 instead!!!

Nope...it isn't much of a sale, is it?

Edited by gotta cruise again

Hi Shogun.

Not very innovative!!! Hardly worth the trouble. However, saying that our cruises on the Emerald have come down by an average of £250 p.p in the Black Friday weekend sale. No obc is goven and it is for new bookings only. As our existing bookings have $300 p.p obc which we would lose, it does seem the new price would be worth having.

Hi Shogun.

Not very innovative!!! Hardly worth the trouble. However, saying that our cruises on the Emerald have come down by an average of £250 p.p in the Black Friday weekend sale. No obc is goven and it is for new bookings only. As our existing bookings have $300 p.p obc which we would lose, it does seem the new price would be worth having.

Having seen your reply I took a look at our Emerald cruise for next August, it is £400 p.p. less but we would lose $300 each obc. We already cancelled and rebooked this cruise because the price dropped by £200 a week after we originally booked.

I will be going into the TA tomorrow and cancelling but not rebooking because I am sure that this will not be the last price drop given the current situation in Europe and the US government travel alert to their citizens.

It is not just cruises, it is everything this year, no one seems to be willing to discount anything to move the product. I have been helping a couple of relatives with car shopping lately and there seems to be little or no discount being offered on older stock vehicles, one nearby dealership has a car on the lot that met the options requirements, however it was a 2014 with an asking prices only $2,000 less than a new 2016 of the same model on a $40,000+ car. The same holds true for just about anything else that is not low end, computers, tv's, etc if it is not the loss leader low end model then it is running full price.

Hi Josy1953

If you book direct with Princess you would get automatic price drops as they happen,

only time your price is locked is after final payment date

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun.

When you say you get automatic price drops, are you saying that Princess would therefore give Josy the price drop and still let her keep the existing obc. That is not my and my TA reading of the current sale price. Their understanding is that the present price drop is for new bookings only from today until 30 November. When I enquired there is no problem with honouring the drop but there is no transfer of the existing obc whether booked direct or through your TA.

Hi crows nest club

What I was saying was that if you book with an agent they do not have to pass

on price drops, they can keep the saving themselves or split it with you.

Where as if you have a direct booking you will always have the best price,

there is really no reason to book with an agent unless it is one that books out

a block of cabins or packages up flights hotels transfers etc.

yours Shogun

Hi crows nest club

What I was saying was that if you book with an agent they do not have to pass

on price drops, they can keep the saving themselves or split it with you.

Where as if you have a direct booking you will always have the best price,

there is really no reason to book with an agent unless it is one that books out

a block of cabins or packages up flights hotels transfers etc.

yours Shogun

Thanks for the explanation. Will not obviously name my agent, but have used them for the last 28 years and have always found we have got the price drops.

Always can rely on your posts to give helpful information. I'm sure our paths must have crossed some time in the past, as like you, we have done numerous Princess cruises.

Hi Josy1953

If you book direct with Princess you would get automatic price drops as they happen,

yours Shogun

The problem in this case is that is the price drops are for new bookings only so we have to cancel and rebook so lose the obc.

It costs us nothing to cancel because it is more than 180 days out.

We have always had the price drops in the past, this is the first cruise in 24 Princess cruises that we have not been able to get the drops without cancelling. I just think that Princess care less and less about repeat passengers.

We are retired so it is not a big deal for us to cancel completely and then wait until they start to drop prices close to the sailing date. We are already watching a Cunard cruise and a P&O cruise in 2016 so we will just put the Princess on watch too.

Edited by Josy1953

We used to get price reductions by keeping an eye on current pricing and calling and getting the lower new price. This has changed somewhat as Princess now runs "Sales" with conditions applying only to "New Bookings." In fact Princess just today posted their air fares for our already-booked 8 October 2016 cruise from Rome to FLL. What shows is two prices, one at $389 for new bookings and another $150 USD higher for those already booked.

The new system does not permit moving any OBCs or suchlike to the new booking.

Steve

Hi Josy1953

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

that's not the case in Australia, I have to monitor the prices and call when there's a price drop.

Trish

Hi All

Hows is this for a sale,

6th Apr 2016 - 11 Nights - Emerald Princess

London (Southampton), England : Gran Canaria (Las Palmas), Canary I : Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Canary Isla : Lanzarote (Arrecife), Canary Island : Madeira (Funchal), Portugal : Vigo, Spain (For Santiago De Compos : London (Southampton), England

CRUISE ONLY FROM:

INSIDE £898 Was: £899

OUTSIDE £1098 Was: £1099

BALCONY £1398 Was: £1399

Check Availability

yours Shogun

All there sales are a joke.

Hi Josy1953

yours Shogun

How do you get it automatically Shogun ?

I looked at two of our future cruises as they had the black Friday listing, one to the Canary islands April 2016 and one to the Med Sep 2016. Taking into account the loss of some of the OBC we made a total saving of about £800. Mind you we have to book way ahead so as to get an HC cabin for DW so I suppose our start price was well high when booked, but I had to chase the price down and was told that if there were further reductions I couldn't get them.

Hi

Assume you book direct with Princess, do you have a named person that deals with your bookings, they should apply any savings and send you confirmation.

We have not had any problems when dealing direct with Princess

yours Shogun

Hi

Assume you book direct with Princess, do you have a named person that deals with your bookings, they should apply any savings and send you confirmation.

We have not had any problems when dealing direct with Princess

yours Shogun

Thanks for that info Shogun, yes we book direct and will pursue getting a named person. So that should save a lot of hassle for future bookings.:)

Brilliant sale for us!

We have saved over £3000 with this promotion because we are booking for four in one cabin. The 3rd and 4th passenger prices are just £140 each. This is the promotion we hope for every year.

Each promotion works for different people so it is a matter of waiting for the right one for you. Once this sale is over the 3rd and 4th price we jump back up and the couple price will fall.

Thank you Princess!