Laundry $ dry cleaning

gooddayz

I know that dry cleaning is available. How quick is turn around? And can you get shirts laundered & pressed with starch?

Thanks for taking time to answer if u can answer.

Turnaround is usually 36 to 48 hours.

Link to RCI

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=287&faqSubjectId=337

I know that dry cleaning is available. How quick is turn around? And can you get shirts laundered & pressed with starch?

Thanks for taking time to answer if u can answer.

You can get express service by paying double.

We've always used the regular 'next day 5p.m.' service. We make it available to the cabin steward at his/her morning service and they send it to the laundry. Never have had a problem. Always make shore you have extra bags, laundry forms available. Never know when you might need them.

R&D

Seems like it varies. Just off the Anthem and turn around was next day at 5 pm or express service 50 percent more. Not sure about the starch, only saw laundered, and press and drycleaned.

That's been my experience too.

And the rates are good, usually less than I pay at home.

On my upcoming cruise, the first formal night is the 2nd day. If i hand the room steward my clothes to be dry cleaned right after receiving our luggage, should it arrive in time for dinner the next day without express service?

Probably, but when I do that, I make sure to confirm the schedule with the stateroom attendant. I remember being told once (forget the ship) that it was unlikely.

I had a pair of white stretch jeans laundered last week on the Grandeur. They starched the heck out of them with a crease and everything, unrequested, so much that they temporarily lost their stretch. It was nothing more than an object of amusement of course, but I would not be worried about the quality of pressing.

On my upcoming cruise, the first formal night is the 2nd day. If i hand the room steward my clothes to be dry cleaned right after receiving our luggage, should it arrive in time for dinner the next day without express service?

Maybe. After you fill out the somewhat lengthy form, put them in a bag, and then hand them to him/her. :)

The list for a la carte pricing is very helpful.

Just wondering is there an option or price for a laundry bag where you just throw in whatever you can fit?

They will usually offer a $30 "Wash & Fold" bag once per cruise. This is limited to items like underwear, socks, t-shirts, shorts, pajamas, etc.

I did this on our cruise 2 years ago and got it back no problem.

Dan

Thanks. It would be those type of items I'd want done (14 night cruise and dont want to have 14 of everything! ).

Mention the "Wash & Fold" bag to your stateroom attendant. Sometimes they don't offer it until almost the end of the cruise. Also, confirm with the attendant when you can expect the clothes back. Sometimes it takes two days. We've found if we give them the bag in the morning, we can usually get them back by 5pm the next day, but it's good to double check.

Edited by clarea

Mention the "Wash & Fold" bag to your stateroom attendant. Sometimes they don't offer it until almost the end of the cruise. Also, confirm with the attendant when you can expect the clothes back. Sometimes it takes two days. We've found if we give them the bag in the morning, we can usually get them back by 5pm the next day, but it's good to double check.

Might have to pay a la carte prices as wont be able to wait until the end of the cruise! Will check it out anyway when onboard.

Might have to pay a la carte prices as wont be able to wait until the end of the cruise! Will check it out anyway when onboard.

That's why it's important to mention it early in the cruise. I've had stateroom attendants who will bring me the bag whenever I want, and others who say I can only get it on the regular day. Good luck.