Hotels in Miami

LJK2011

Two weeks ago I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn West. The hotel is very close to the airport (free shuttle) and not too far from the pier. I'll give it a 3+ rating....nice quiet rooms....better than expected food & service and a comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was fantastic.

David

Miami offers many options. But our favorite for a pre cruise night is to simply look for a good deal at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Miami Airport South. The reason is that this hotel offers free airport transfers, and more importantly is located across the street from a decent restaurant (Catch of the Day). There is also a decent Cuban restaurant within walking distance. One needs to carefully consider Miami motels/hotels in conjunction with nearby eating venues since many hotels are not close to decent eating options. Downtown hotels are also a decent option although you would have to pay for your airport transfers.

Hank

Depends if you are there for one or more nights. One night I always choose a basic airport hotel that has free shuttle to airport and cruise port, there are plenty of these. If staying for more than one night I stay at South Beach, loads of hotels, I have always found a good deal, taxi to port from south Beach is about $25. Search on Internet.

As mentioned I would post this on the Florida Departures Board where this question comes up almost daily. In the meantime here is a list of hotels I recommend on that board. Prices will vary depending on time of year.

Intercontinental

Hampton Inn (downtown Miami)

Marriott Marquis

JW Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

Conrad Hilton

There are many more but this is a good list to start with. All downtown Miami and all relatively close to the port.

Keith

As mentioned I would post this on the Florida Departures Board where this question comes up almost daily. In the meantime here is a list of hotels I recommend on that board. Prices will vary depending on time of year.

Intercontinental

Hampton Inn (downtown Miami)

Marriott Marquis

JW Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

Conrad Hilton

There are many more but this is a good list to start with. All downtown Miami and all relatively close to the port.

Keith

Keith gave you a great list. But you mentioned you didn't want anything that cost too much. A more specific budget would be helpful. Miami in Feb. is going to be pretty pricey and some of these hotels may be over your budget. Remember that February is peak season in Florida and nothing will be "cheap".

Go ahead and look on some of the travel sites to see if any of these will fit your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They have free airport shuttle, breakfast, and free shuttle to the cruise terminal and the room rates are reasonable relatively for Miami. Worked well for us. We were there only about 8 hours with a very late arrival due to flight delays, so can't speak much to what is available in the surrounding area for food etc. There were a couple of fliers in our room for pizza/pasta delivery places.

Edited by livinlavidaloca

I recommend staying on South Beach. We stayed at The Avalon and loved it. Their restaurant call A Fish Called Avalon is 5 stars. So your friends and hang out on South Beach go walk on the beach and then grab a taxi the day of the cruise. It isn't expensive at all and the taxis there know how to get around. It would be a memory they would have forever.