Just off the Emerald today!

mkazmer

We have just returned from a lovely cruise the past 5 nights on the beautiful Emerald Princess. Had a wonderful time - am compiling a complete review and will submit it later this week - but suffice it to say that the ship was beautifully decorated, our cabin was perfect, the service excellent, the food excellent. We did not eat in the buffet at all nor the specialty restaurants. We did enjoy a great Pub lunch one day. All in all an outstanding cruise.

Not only hot and cold water problems but toilet not flushing problems and AC trouble as well. We were not as badly affected as some passengers.

I would estimate 50 or 60 people waiting in line at Passenger Services quite frequently. We were 2 hours late departing due to not being able to take freshwater on fast enough at Fll.

Only 150 or so Elite on board so laundry came back fairly promptly and Elite lounge not busy.

Unfortunately 2 passengers had extremely serious nighttime emergencies on different nights and the whole ship was woken up with in cabin announcements at around 2am and 4am. One passenger who lost a lot of blood was medevacced after the ship made top speed to Eluthera but sadly we were informed the second patient didn't make it .

Not only hot and cold water problems but toilet not flushing problems and AC trouble as well. We were not as badly affected as some passengers.

I would estimate 50 or 60 people waiting in line at Passenger Services quite frequently. We were 2 hours late departing due to not being able to take freshwater on fast enough at Fll.

Only 150 or so Elite on board so laundry came back fairly promptly and Elite lounge not busy.

Unfortunately 2 passengers had extremely serious nighttime emergencies on different nights and the whole ship was woken up with in cabin announcements at around 2am and 4am. One passenger who lost a lot of blood was medevacced after the ship made top speed to Eluthera but sadly we were informed the second patient didn't make it .

As I mentioned before, we were also on the cruise. Regarding the 2nd medical emergency, do you mind if I ask who informed you? We didn't hear anything about the 2nd passenger so I am just wondering how you found out. Sorry to hear about the passenger.

We just returned from the same cruise. The water problems were terrible. I met a lady who said that she had no water at all in her cabin for the entire cruise. They would go up to the Lotus Spa to shower. We had a toilet that did not flush one night, intermittent cold and hot water, and several experiences where the public toilets did not flush. The a/c was spotty. I must say that this was our worst cruise and we are frequent Princess cruisers. Moral of the story....never take a cruise on a ship that is just out of dry dock.

Another problem with this cruise. Four of the five nights there was no show or movie in the Princess Theater at 10:15. We have been on many Princess cruises and there have always been three shows. I am wondering if Princess changed their entertainment policy or if this situation was unique to this ship (and sailing). This frankly made the after dinner experience a very boring one.

I should add that I wrote to the Cruise Director about the problem, and received no response.

Edited by RASHOPPER2

Thanks for the update.

What deck were you on?

Totally agree with this review..had no hot water for two days and if anything could go wrong, it did..I always thought a curse out of dry dock would be ready to go with everything working!

For those that had issues, could you please indicated what cabin/deck /location you were assigned. Trying to see if the issues were a certain area of the ship. Thanks! :D

As I mentioned before, we were also on the cruise. Regarding the 2nd medical emergency, do you mind if I ask who informed you? We didn't hear anything about the 2nd passenger so I am just wondering how you found out. Sorry to hear about the passenger

While we were waiting to be picked up outside the terminal, A Princess rep came over and asked a young boy sitting next to us to give his seat to a woman to just lost her husband on the cruise. I had no idea what happened until then.

Another problem with this cruise. Four of the five nights there was no show or movie in the Princess Theater at 10:15. We have been on many Princess cruises and there have always been three shows. I am wondering if Princess changed their entertainment policy or if this situation was unique to this ship (and sailing). This frankly made the after dinner experience a very boring one.

I should add that I wrote to the Cruise Director about the problem, and received no response.

IMHO, this cruise director and deputy cruise director were the worst we've ever had. Even their Morning Shows were boring. I never even saw the deputy cruise director at any event or around the ship, except on the Morning Show.

And, guess what? We sail again on the Emerald next week for the New Year's Cruise!

We were on deck 10

No ac or toilet problems Luke warm water last morning only

Heard of many without water in their cabins for days, toilet backing up on deck 9 flooding entire cabin

One gentleman hit his head while snorkeling in Princess Cays

This was our first time on Princess. Cabins better laid out than Carnival

Was not impressed with food in dining room. Just average

Disembarkation process much smoother than Carnival

As I mentioned before, we were also on the cruise. Regarding the 2nd medical emergency, do you mind if I ask who informed you? We didn't hear anything about the 2nd passenger so I am just wondering how you found out. Sorry to hear about the passenger.

Just happened to be in the medical center at the time.

Really didn't want to know but couldn't avoid it.

IMHO, this cruise director and deputy cruise director were the worst we've ever had. Even their Morning Shows were boring. I never even saw the deputy cruise director at any event or around the ship, except on the Morning Show.

And, guess what? We sail again on the Emerald next week for the New Year's Cruise!

I fully agree with you. Frankly never saw either one. And their scheduling is the worst I have experienced in 23 Princess cruises.