Which pier for Emerald?

tennisobo

I have a b2b coming up out of ft. Lauderdale beginning this January 30. Has the Emerald been using pier 2 so far this winter?

We also depart on January 30 on the Coral Princess. One of us won't be leaving from Pier 2! ;)

The official Port Everglades website only shows the pier assignments 7 days out. While there may be other sites with this information, the official one of the one I would trust the most.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

The official Port Everglades website only shows the pier assignments 7 days out. While there may be other sites with this information, the official one of the one I would trust the most.

This is the Port Everglades schedule website: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

[...]from all the years watching port everglades, I am pretty sure will will be at Pier 2, the bigger Princess ship always get it over the smaller one.

Size of the ship is not always the best predictor.

Previous years there have been days with three Princess ships in port where the largest one (the CB at the time) ended up exiled to Pier 29.

Emerald Princess is sailing a varied schedule of 4, 5 and 7 night cruises which actually increases the likelihood of an alternate Terminal.

And on January 30 Coral Princess will be returning from drydock, so she will likely arrive late the evening before for a shoreside crew to board for a deep clean. And with fresh crew turnover and needing to re-provision from scratch my random guess is that Coral will end up at Terminal 2 with Emerald most likely at Terminal 21.

As an aside, trying to predict based on previous schedules has become near impossible with Terminal 4 having reopened after long-delayed renovations at the beginning of 2015. The plan was that when two ships that departed from Terminal 2 on different days returned on the same day, one would be at Terminal 4. But this has rarely been the case; on days there have been two Celebrity ships in port one is often in Terminal 4 even when there are also two Princess ships. And Coral and Island Princess are being bounced all over the port (between 2, 19, and 21) even though in past seasons they have almost always been at 19.

Edited by fishywood

7 days in advance go to the Port Everglades.net web site and you can see the official pier assignments. Select Ship Schedule. The site also has an APP that you can download. Also, as you enter the port, pier assignments are shown on a sign.

I hope Fishywood is correct with his/her logic and that the Coral gets pier 2! :D We will see seven days out!

I have never sailed on a ship just after it has come out of a refurbishment, I hope I don't regret it! As far as I can tell, the work being done during the two weeks the Coral is out of service is to add the new "Share" restaurant and hopefully the new beds. And of course deep cleaning!

A question...we are planning to park our car at the pier garage...do any other piers share the same parking garage with those parking at pier 2, or will it require a shuttle bus if Coral leaves from one pier and returns to Pier 2 (we are the only Princess ship in port on our return date Feb. 5).

thanks!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

A question...we are planning to park our car at the pier garage...do any other piers share the same parking garage with those parking at pier 2, or will it require a shuttle bus if Coral leaves from one pier and returns to Pier 2 (we are the only Princess ship in port on our return date Feb. 5).

thanks!

There is a northport garage deck, adjacent to piers 2 & 4, and there is mid port garage deck near piers 16 through 22. There is no parking deck close to pier 29, which is used occasionally. There may a an intra port shuttle that goes between garage decks in case you embark and disembark at different locations. The last time we were at Port Everglades there was one. Otherwise an in port taxi is I think $10. You can not walk between the two garages.

We sailed the Emerald Dec 14-19 and she was at Pier 2. As you enter the port, there are big "marquis" signs telling you which pier each ship is at so if there is a change, it is immediately known. We have sailed out of one pier and come back and docked at a different pier. Princess then bussed us over to the parking garage where we had originally parked.

Edited by cwayne

What does it matter?

It doesn't matter to you but it does to me.

We actually would prefer to walk to the pier. We've done that multiple times, but only to pier 2. The other piers are too far to make that practical. I know it's a cheap cab ride. But we like to walk as much as we can and use public transport whenever possible. That doesn't appeal to most people. And that's okay.

Thanks to the posters who gave the helpful advice regarding websites to get accurate pier assignments.

Happy sailings to all! :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

It doesn't matter to you but it does to me.

We actually would prefer to walk to the pier. We've done that multiple times, but only to pier 2. The other piers are too far to make that practical. I know it's a cheap cab ride. But we like to walk as much as we can and use public transport whenever possible. That doesn't appeal to most people. And that's okay.

Thanks to the posters who gave the helpful advice regarding websites to get accurate pier assignments.

Happy sailings to all! :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

If walking into the port is your plan you can hop the parking shuttle at #2 and take it to whatever pier you need to get to without paying a fee.

We did a B2B2B last fall on Caribbean Princess pier #29 and we hopped it to get out and walk and shop the strip and back to the ship.

Cheers

Size of the ship is not always the best predictor.

Previous years there have been days with three Princess ships in port where the largest one (the CB at the time) ended up exiled to Pier 29.

Emerald Princess is sailing a varied schedule of 4, 5 and 7 night cruises which actually increases the likelihood of an alternate Terminal.

And on January 30 Coral Princess will be returning from drydock, so she will likely arrive late the evening before for a shoreside crew to board for a deep clean. And with fresh crew turnover and needing to re-provision from scratch my random guess is that Coral will end up at Terminal 2 with Emerald most likely at Terminal 21.

As an aside, trying to predict based on previous schedules has become near impossible with Terminal 4 having reopened after long-delayed renovations at the beginning of 2015. The plan was that when two ships that departed from Terminal 2 on different days returned on the same day, one would be at Terminal 4. But this has rarely been the case; on days there have been two Celebrity ships in port one is often in Terminal 4 even when there are also two Princess ships. And Coral and Island Princess are being bounced all over the port (between 2, 19, and 21) even though in past seasons they have almost always been at 19.

It will be fun to see where we end up. We have always been at pier 2, so if we are at 21 it will be something to look forward to.

There is a garage near berth 2, and a second garage near berth 21.

There is a shuttle between them when a ship returns to a different berth.

This is the full info from the port.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

Edited by pablo222