Who's booked the Seaside and More!

TravelinGert

Yep . . . we just booked a YC1 for March 2018. Outside-the-YC all-inclusive drink package wasn't available as a perk, but we did get the $300 OBC. Even if drinks are $10 per, that means we get (each) a couple of drinks per day included outside the YC. More than sufficient.

I saw the 2014-2015 Classic Drink list. The prices are surprisingly low.

Finally managed to get a move from our booked Deck 9 Aurea Suite Aft (side) to a Deck 14 Aurea Suite on the back of the ship, cannot wait to see the views from up there :D

Be sure to post pics after your cruise so I can see what my room and views will look like. :D

Dave

I think it's gorgeous ... made a similar statement to a group of fellow cruisers who are booked on the Seaside. The Disney Magic (1998) and Disney Wonder (1999) have small area outside their upscale dining room (Palo). I like the concept on those two ships. What I really like about the walkway on the Seaside is that it appears to have a transparent / translucent floor, and also hugs the curve of the restaurant. It reminds me of dining al Fresco ... without the wind or the noise ... while maintaining ambiance!

Some of the Royal ships (I think Voyager and Freedom class) have a walkway around the deck 4 dining room, but every time I've walked by the curtains have been drawn.

I'm wondering if they will end up putting curtains on the dining room windows, especially at night.

A friend works at the ship builders so I am hoping I might be able to get hold of a few pics as the build progresses once they put the blocks into the dry dock, currently the new Majestic Princess is in there.

A friend works at the ship builders so I am hoping I might be able to get hold of a few pics as the build progresses once they put the blocks into the dry dock, currently the new Majestic Princess is in there.

Please let me know any info you get. I am building a website for our cruise. At least I have plenty of time. Bob

email me at rmlynott@yahoo.com

Some of the Royal ships (I think Voyager and Freedom class) have a walkway around the deck 4 dining room, but every time I've walked by the curtains have been drawn.

I'm wondering if they will end up putting curtains on the dining room windows, especially at night.

I am not aware of any issues on the Disney Magic or Wonder. I believe the layout of the ship is key for privacy and ambiance. The restaurant is located on a secluded portion of an upper aft deck, and there are no other public rooms in this area (other than the walkway). Since there are several other easily accessible decks with aft views, most who are seeking aft views tend to take the path of least resistance.

The Magic and Wonder have window dressings, but are usually only utilized during brunch, if there is sun glare. If there is an issue with curious onlookers (RCI, or others), I'd think a reflective film on the glass would be preferable ... as it would enable dining room guests to enjoy the view.

Finished up our reservation for Seaside with our travel agent today. Going on Feb 10, 2018 in a Fantastica suite.

I was hoping to get our promo More for Less Classic drink packages upgraded to the Premium package but my travel agent said that isn't possible. We'd have to buy the Premium package outright. I was hoping to just pay the price difference between the two. I like drinking scotch and it doesn't appear that any scotch (or at least decent scotch) is included in the Classic package. Plus my kids would like the free gelato and other stuff in the Premium package.

Hey calgaryhhr! We will be on the February 10th, 2018 cruise in a Fantastica suite as well. I wish they'd put a board up for Seaside roll calls. Is there a way to politely leave a message for the CC forum asking about that I wonder?

There is a place for Seaside roll calls. I've started one for May,2018.

Thanks for the heads up. I swear it wasn't there when I looked on my phone but maybe that was more about how my phone's screen just keeps getting smaller I swear! :p Definitely not my eyes getting older! :eek: :rolleyes:

I just started a thread for the February 10th, 2018 cruise. I hope I can handle the responsibility of being the one to post it up! :D

Me too. I'm hoping someone with experience will pick it up, or else I'll have to stumble through it. Unfortunately, according to posters on the Divina, the roll calls on MSC are very small. By contrast, I got off the Serenade of the Seas in December, and we had 130 signed up, and most went to the mix and Mingle, which was a blast with the cruise director and his ass't.

Just booked for January 13, 2018. The earliest I've ever booked a cruise. I usually love researching the ship but I guess there's not too much I can find out yet. It does look amazing.

Hi Bob,

We are also booked on the January 13 sailing in a YC1. Looking forward to trying MSC for the first time.

Johan

Hi Bob,

We are also booked on the January 13 sailing in a YC1. Looking forward to trying MSC for the first time.

Johan

my partner and I are also booked of the 13th of January in the Royal Suite can't wait.