MyVegas and Royal Caribbean

PCWalton1

The ones listed on that link are the offerings that are for 'select sailings' ... which are the 40 and 50% off ones. There are some that say 'any' sailing which would not be limited to this list; the 30% off is one example of this, which would indicate that any sailing qualifies and just needs to be a new booking. That said, it still sucks if they never have anything past Dec 2015 to make the 40% and 50% off offerings any good ... would make no sense to still show them on the myvegas rewards.

Maybe time will see the list replenished with future dates.

Edited by poffles

A waste of time.IMO

If that is all someone is playing for I would tend to agree but if people play the game anyway and want to use points in this way then there are some rewards that would be better than RCL's best deal of the day/week/month.

For sure using it to get OBC or a drink package may seem silly if you have to forego any ongoing specials RCL is having and paying rack rate would seem to be a wash or actually cost you more.

Definitely have to work it out. I actually wonder if the lack of select sailings past Dec 2015 is indication that RCL may be pulling from myvegas.

Edited by poffles

The MyVegas reward specifically says not to be used in conjunction with ongoing promos. So if you use points for 50% of it will only apply to one guest. Same as BOGOHO without points.

I agree with the above that obc/drink package may be a better deal but it still might fall under a new booking and no specials.

Id love to know if anyone ever redeemed and if it worked out for them.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

The MyVegas reward specifically says not to be used in conjunction with ongoing promos. So if you use points for 50% of it will only apply to one guest. Same as BOGOHO without points.

I agree with the above that obc/drink package may be a better deal but it still might fall under a new booking and no specials.

Id love to know if anyone ever redeemed and if it worked out for them.

-Sean

Incorrect about 50% off being for one guest only. This is direct wording from the reward detail. So not the same as BOGO at all.

"This reward entitles you to 50% off cruise fare for two on select Royal Caribbean International sailings."

There is a discussion thread related to this here ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090268

Oh and came back to add that from what I read, all of the rewards are for new bookings only and no specials.

Edited by poffles

Incorrect about 50% off being for one guest only. This is direct wording from the reward detail. So not the same as BOGO at all.

"This reward entitles you to 50% off cruise fare for two on select Royal Caribbean International sailings."

There is a discussion thread related to this here ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090268

Thanks for the link!

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I called and they have not updated the list to include 2016 cruises yet and they have no idea when it will be done. Also the promos are basically pointless bc they can't be used with any other promo so you would pay full price fare to get OBC. The only ones that might be good are the 40 and 50% off and even those are off the "base" price which is not the BOGO rates shown on the website. You have to call to find out the price and they only apply to "select" sailings.

• 5 weeks later...

I still show no cruises, but sorted them high price to low price on the same screen and got over 600 cruises. Gonna give them a call... We used the 50% off last year and saved about $700, after factoring in savings we would have received from the BOGO (buy 1, get 1 at 1/2 off) and any on board credit at the time.

The T&Cs of the OBC ones say they are combinable with restricted fares (i.e. Resident rate, military, senior). The drink packages are no longer available but they were too. I have used both a couple times. When you try to book they will tell you they are not combinable but I emailed resolutions my MyVegas reward cert and they honoured it. They are definitely for new bookings only.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

The T&Cs of the OBC ones say they are combinable with restricted fares (i.e. Resident rate, military, senior). The drink packages are no longer available but they were too. I have used both a couple times. When you try to book they will tell you they are not combinable but I emailed resolutions my MyVegas reward cert and they honoured it. They are definitely for new bookings only.

But not combinable with BOGO is what I was told.

I still show no cruises, but sorted them high price to low price on the same screen and got over 600 cruises. Gonna give them a call... We used the 50% off last year and saved about $700, after factoring in savings we would have received from the BOGO (buy 1, get 1 at 1/2 off) and any on board credit at the time.

Let us know what you find out!

Did you call? Curious to know if anything really is available for use with 'select sailing' offers.

Did you call? Curious to know if anything really is available for use with 'select sailing' offers.

I called a week ago and they were telling me they haven't extended their contact yet and they are working on it. We have been waiting since around October to use our points. Even then, a lot of the 2015 cruises listed on that site were showing sold out.

I called a week ago and they were telling me they haven't extended their contact yet and they are working on it. We have been waiting since around October to use our points. Even then, a lot of the 2015 cruises listed on that site were showing sold out.

Thanks for sharing! Good to know that they are actually working on it, there is hope. I may not do one for this year but it gives me hope they may still have offers in 2017 and I have enough points to gt 50% off and I don't plan on using for anything else so any additional savings would be a bonus as that is still better than the ongoing BOGO offer.

Thanks for sharing! Good to know that they are actually working on it, there is hope. I may not do one for this year but it gives me hope they may still have offers in 2017 and I have enough points to gt 50% off and I don't plan on using for anything else so any additional savings would be a bonus as that is still better than the ongoing BOGO offer.

"Working on it" could mean anything. They have been "working on it" since October when I called the first time and still no 2016 or 2017 sailings. I went ahead and booked my 2016 sailing so now I guess I will have to hope for something in 2017 too.

"Working on it" could mean anything. They have been "working on it" since October when I called the first time and still no 2016 or 2017 sailings. I went ahead and booked my 2016 sailing so now I guess I will have to hope for something in 2017 too.

Smoke and mirrors.

• 1 month later...