How long can I stay on Allure morning of disembarken?

There are so many posts about cruisers timing their departure off the ship to catch a flight. We're in a different boat. We're NOT catching a flight. With our group of 8, including 3 small children, I would rather have more time in the morning to get the kids ready, to eat breakfast, and to get off the ship, and have our luggage taken off the ship. We will not be in a hurry to get off the ship. But I do need to know what time I will be off the ship, so I can reserve my car rental pick-up time. What time should I plan for? This is for the Allure, at Ft Lauderdale on Sunday, June 6.

Edited by Caribbean Allan
grammer

There are so many posts about cruisers timing their departure off the ship to catch a flight. We're in a different boat. We're NOT catching a flight. With our group of 8, including 3 small children, I would rather have more time in the morning to get the kids ready, to eat breakfast, and to get off the ship, and have our luggage taken off the ship. We will not be in a hurry to get off the ship. But I do need to know what time I will be off the ship, so I can reserve my car rental pick-up time. What time should I plan for? This is for the Allure, at Ft Lauderdale on Sunday, June 6.

Probably sometime between 9 and 10AM.

You are usually requested to vacate your cabin by 8 or 9 at the latest. Food options open and close early. Quite honestly they want you off the ship in order to get ready for the next passengers. It's very hectic - think of all those people with their bags - no place to hang out or do anything. Vacation is over!

Breakfast is only served until about 8:30-9 at the latest (as I remember since we usually eat around 7). Last numbers are usually called by 10 am and all you'll be doing is sitting around in one of a few public spaces open to wait in. Not exactly fun (for a reason). Just as you'll be anxious to board, those waiting to board after you feel the same way.

Everything is earlier on the last morning, so don't plan on a late, leisurely breakfast! You'll have to be OUT of the cabin by 8-8:30.....there's really no point to lingering. Any and all service you've come to expect is conspicuously missing that last morning.

I wasn't implying that I wanted to stay onboard as long as possible to somehow extend our cruise. In the past, we carried our own luggage and were one of the first off the ship. But since we have kids this time (for the first time), I just didn't want to have my car rental reserved at an unnecessarily early time, say, 7:30am, when I could have had an extra hour to deal with the kids. Thanks for the info. Unless someone tells me differently, I will have the 17st causeway car rental (not sure which one yet) reserved for 9:30am.

Thanks again, everyone!

Breakfast is only served until about 8:30-9 at the latest (as I remember since we usually eat around 7). Last numbers are usually called by 10 am and all you'll be doing is sitting around in one of a few public spaces open to wait in. Not exactly fun (for a reason). Just as you'll be anxious to board, those waiting to board after you feel the same way.

You are NOT going to be able to "take time in the morning........eat breakfast." Breakfast ceases to be served at either 8 or 8:30, depending on the ship and the venue.

But the last passengers are usually shooed off the ship around 9:45-10.

:)

And remember how eager you were to board on YOUR day of embarkation? The time for boarding of new passengers depends on getting a zero passenger count from the cruise before. And they need time to turn the ship over.

:)

We drive. We always take out time. Night before, check out breakfast times. Make sure we make it to breakfast. We have one overnight bag to carry. We definitely take out time. I don't know when the last people are off, but we are certainly close to it.

To answer your question, set the time at 10:00. By the time you get off, pick up you luggage, and make it through customs, it will easily be around 10:00.

Although they like everyone off as quickly as possible, it is a steady stream, and it takes a lot of time to get people off, since there are choke points in the process, like customs.

Don't.

We tried this on a cruise once for the exact same reason.

Big mistake.

There is nowhere to relax or rest that morning, breakfast buffet was a zoo, everything is just a cattle call.

By the time we were off the ship, customs line was a mile long. Since we had kids this was a total disaster as phones are not allowed in this area(and that is all we had to keep them occupied).

Since you are carrying your own luggage, you'll be much better off getting of as soon as possible and then leisurely continuing to your next destination.

Don't.

We tried this on a cruise once for the exact same reason.

Big mistake.

There is nowhere to relax or rest that morning, breakfast buffet was a zoo, everything is just a cattle call.

By the time we were off the ship, customs line was a mile long. Since we had kids this was a total disaster as phones are not allowed in this area(and that is all we had to keep them occupied).

Since you are carrying your own luggage, you'll be much better off getting of as soon as possible and then leisurely continuing to your next destination.

Thanks for your post.

We have seen people still making an exit in long lines from the Allure when we waited to board from the suite lounge area.

The doors would open from time to time and at 10:30-10:45 people with carry-ons were in line waiting------- to go down the elevators or escalators

it was so backed up.

I would rather get off the ship early and not wait in line to get thru............yup were pros at sitting at the airport.

Safe travels,