Recent loyalty match

DkswartzFamily

My saga was that I applied and didn't hear anything for 3 weeks. I reapplied and heard nothing for 2 weeks plus. So I called and was told that I was granted Black status.

I checked online that day and sure enough - Black.

A couple of weeks later I checked again and I'm now Gold. OK. Called customer service and explained the situation. Since the person I was talking too was in bookings and not with the Voyager Club he said that he would pass the information along and I would hear from a Voyager Club rep in 24-48 hours.

On the third day I was getting ready to call back but decided to look online first. And lo and behold I'm back to Black.

Never have received a call, email, letter or any other form of communication from MSC. But it's all good:)

Charlie

Hello again,

Just an update: As of today, Feb. 20, 2016 Still no response from MSC.

I haven't been able to log into my reservation, under any form of my name and using an ipad, phone or my laptop.

Therefore, I am cancelling my sailing with MSC. In my opinion, this is not the way to gain trust and confidence in the cruising family. Good Luck in your future endeavors with MSC. Thanks for all your responses.

Same here... sent them an email on 2/1 outlining in detail the issue in my account preventing login and booking. No answer yet. Will not be sailing with them in July as I cannot do an online booking under my account. I do not deal with companies that do not answer written correspondence in a timely manner. Sorry MSC, I was going to give you a try but clearly you don't have your online presence act together.

I waited a couple of weeks with no reply. I then called directly and the gentleman had my loyalty match updated within five minutes . It's amazing what a quick phone call can do .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Goodness. Just received another email last night after i was assigned someone else's number, several phone calls, an a few more follow up emails and over a month since I made my initial request. And now the new number that I've been issued has the wrong name on it. [emoji36] Just sent another email which will be followed by another phone call. This shouldn't be this complicated.

We are truly looking forward to sailing on MSC but I would lie if I said that this first customer service experience is not a terrible first impression

Edited by Tapi

Does anyone know if you have to be paid in full before they recognize the request?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You do not need to be paid in full. As first time cruisers on MSC, we paid only the deposit for a cruise on the MSC Divina in July and were quickly upgraded to Gold status as CCL platinum cruisers. This part of their operation was quite rapid and efficient.

Edited by Fighterone

We have booked our first cruise on the 30 April, my husband took some convincing but the stay in Miami included in the package we booked clinched it! A couple of weeks after booking I read about the status match I called the MSC office in the UK on the Sunday morning to ask which hotel cards they matched with and was able to match my husband's Club Accor platinum card. They asked me to email a copy of the card and the following day we received an email and letter giving him Black, this was about 3 weeks ago. When I made the initial call to MSC the agent said the Black benefits would not be applicable to this cruise as we had already booked but the letter we have states that the benefits start immediately. So fingers crossed! Only thing now is trying to get our balcony cabin changed to one with a sofa/ seating area. (I have read too many reviews since making our reservation......)

I filled out the form Friday about 4:00pm and got the email today at 5:00pm confirming our loyalty match. I was worried with all the previous messages on this thread...hopefully they are getting everyone caught up! With only a bronze status on NCL we received classic on MSC. I'm happy with it...getting 5 percent back that I was not expecting!

I originally submitted mid December and when I had no answer in 2 weeks called and was told with Christmas it could be another 2 plus weeks. Called again at end of January and said they would look into it. Resubmitted 1 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard since. I have since applied for government discount and got 10% off. Not getting other perks currently but am only Gold almost Platinum on Royal by the time I sail MSC I will be but like others have noted it has not been stellar customer service even though everyone has been nice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I certainly hope they are getting their act together!!

DH and I both got Black (we're NCL Platinum so that's what we expected) and thought we were all set! About a week later, we got an email that DH was Gold. :confused: I contacted my TA to ask that she look into it and she informed me that I was now listed as "Welcome" (no status!!) At this point, all we can do is laugh! ;)

The real 2 for 1 balcony sale was just too good to pass up and I'll have to wait and see if I would book another one. Not going for 347 days so will have time to sort it out or not. As I said earlier or in a different thread I've never had a bad cruise so willing to take a shot.

Another data point -

Submitted match request (from NCL Platinum) on Sunday night, received black card email this morning - less than 36 hours. Very good service.

This is great news, we will be definitely booking an MSC ship this year and next - YC for sure!

• 4 weeks later...
I originally submitted mid December and when I had no answer in 2 weeks called and was told with Christmas it could be another 2 plus weeks. Called again at end of January and said they would look into it. Resubmitted 1 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard since. I have since applied for government discount and got 10% off. Not getting other perks currently but am only Gold almost Platinum on Royal by the time I sail MSC I will be but like others have noted it has not been stellar customer service even though everyone has been nice.

Quoting my own post from Feb 22/16. Have been granted the loyalty match but not sure when. Just logged in and shows an appropriate level.

Never did get an email from MSC.

I waited a couple of weeks with no reply. I then called directly and the gentleman had my loyalty match updated within five minutes . It's amazing what a quick phone call can do .

I've waited a couple months and called 4 times and my DW or I still can't log in to Voyagers account. You must have been lucky :)

and judging by another thread going on now with folks complaining about mismatched reservations and identities, I can't say I'm surprised. Looks like their online system has gone belly up.

Edited by ClassicalSax

I've waited a couple months and called 4 times and my DW or I still can't log in to Voyagers account. You must have been lucky :)

and judging by another thread going on now with folks complaining about mismatched reservations and identities, I can't say I'm surprised. Looks like their online system has gone belly up.

On the fifth try and an hour an hold, and 2 csr transfers, finally found someone who actually fixed the problem with our accounts.

We can now finally login.:)

On the fifth try and an hour an hold, and 2 csr transfers, finally found someone who actually fixed the problem with our accounts.

We can now finally login.:)

Oh, gosh! I would love to talk to that person!! We STILL can not log into our accounts AND my husband's Voyagers Club Status (which was Black) has again reverted to Gold! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...