The Little Things

Babycat

These are all great. I feel like I'm cruising lol.

🎼So wave me and smile for me🎼

🎼Tell me that you'll be back for me🎼

🎼Hold me like you'll never let me go🎼

This song always brings tears to my eyes! I am having flashbacks now... :(

My favorite thing on a cruise is having room service breakfast (smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers, a croissant with butter and guava jelly, a fruit plate, tomato juice and coffee) delivered and eating it on the balcony watching the water go by. Heavenly!!

Our last cruise we had an inside stateroom, so eating that breakfast on my bed wasn't quite as much fun. :)

Looking forward to the balcony on the Dream!! :)

Reading the fun notes I write to myself and whoever I am cruising with when I order Bon Voyage items weeks before the cruise - like "you are awesome and you are going to have an awesome cruise" - silly but fun. And every thing I order from BV gets a note like that attached to it and is waiting for me when I get to the room!

*Like*

Sometimes it's the little intangible signature things that seemingly no one else cares about that whisk me away to euphoria. They invite me to let go of my stress. The sound of the card key sliding into the door slot and the little flashing green light is but one of many for me.

1. The aforementioned card key and flashing green light.

2. The Bing of the elevators and the voice that says "Lido Deck"

3. The salt on the balcony glass

4. The winds buffeting sound

5. The faint unique way that voices echo off the balcony dividers

6. The boing sound when inserting the cards getting on and off the ship

7. The looping television programs

8. The book with all the pictures inside the staterooms

9. The flying fish

10. The hot wooden deck. Ouch!

11. The accents of the crew

12. Watching other people pose for pictures as I pass by

13. The first night at dinner, wondering where and who you'll be seated with

14. Hoping that your team of waiters will be as awesome as the last time.

I absolutely cannot stand the sight of that luggage mat draped over the bed on the last day.

Awesome videos! Thank you!

Edited by patrice1

• 1 month later...
I love this thread. :D I've been thinking about the "bigger" things, but after reading this thread, I remember how it's really all about all of the smaller things that makes the cruise so special.

Thank you for bumping this back up. Re-reading it made me light up like a kid again. :D

Fantastic thread!!!

Everything everyone has said so far has brought back such wonderful memories.....and anticipation for October.....yippee:D

One of our "little things" is people watching with all the smiles as passengers enjoy.....really enjoy this experience.....nice:p

Sometimes it's the little intangible signature things that seemingly no one else cares about that whisk me away to euphoria. They invite me to let go of my stress. The sound of the card key sliding into the door slot and the little flashing green light is but one of many for me.

1. The aforementioned card key and flashing green light.

2. The Bing of the elevators and the voice that says "Lido Deck"

3. The salt on the balcony glass

4. The winds buffeting sound

5. The faint unique way that voices echo off the balcony dividers

6. The boing sound when inserting the cards getting on and off the ship

7. The looping television programs

8. The book with all the pictures inside the staterooms

9. The flying fish

10. The hot wooden deck. Ouch!

11. The accents of the crew

12. Watching other people pose for pictures as I pass by

13. The first night at dinner, wondering where and who you'll be seated with

14. Hoping that your team of waiters will be as awesome as the last time.

I absolutely cannot stand the sight of that luggage mat draped over the bed on the last day.

"absolutely cannot stand the sight of that luggage mat draped over the bed on the last day"

It makes me so depressed!

For me it's waking up first thing in the morning in a dark cabin with the drapes to the balcony just slightly parted and laying there in the bed, feeling the ever so slight vibration of the ship and thinking "This is heaven!" :)

• 4 months later...

The anticipation of being at work the day before sailing knowing the next day at this time I will be on a cruise.

Driving to port and seeing the red white and blue tail.

Not doing a darn thing for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a distinct "smell" when you walk on-board every cruise ship...

It's a mix of industrial machinery (I think hydraulic fluids perhaps or grease) mixed with the smell of the buffet and I think coffee....It's so strong I can smell it now in my head. It lingers on clothes too...

Hard to describe...I also like the three chimes when an announcement is made.

I'm not sure if they are really little things, as for me they are significant. One thing I love is on the first sea day (on conquest class or similar ), I love going out on the deck off the atrium, and sitting in a chair or lounger and hearing the sea go by. I can stare out forever at the sun glittering on the waves. I take a deep breath and a sigh, and all my concerns and worries are a million miles away.

And the other thing, that always wows me, are the friendly crew. I don't mean just my steward and dining room waiters, but random crew around the ship who just stop and talk to me with genuine warm smiles. Last cruise, up in Lido, I was having my breakfast and a waiter walked by and asked why I did not have a beverage. I said that I was going to eat first, drink coffee later lol, because it was too hard for me (travelling solo) to balance both tray of food and coffee cup. He asked me how I took my coffee, and insisted on bring me one, which he did with a smile. In all my Carnival cruises the crew by and large do seem to care that you are having a great time, and have everything you need.

So to some may be little things, but to me are the things that make good cruise memories.