Iced Tea

TriumphGuy

Hi - new cruiser here. I see that iced tea is included at no additional charge on board. I don't drink soda (pop, if you're from the midwest), so my iced tea is important to me.

My question is, is it unsweetened or sweet? (hopefully unsweetened)

Inquiring minds want to know!

The ice tea in the dispensers is unsweetened and made from some sort of concentrate. It isn't horrible, but it isn't very good.

I brought along a styrofoam cup and would get hot water and tea bags and brew a quart of tea. I then stored this in my fridge and poured it over ice in a nice mug to make my own iced tea. Much better, and really not much effort at all.

They have sugar, equal, and splenda available (maybe others, but these for sure) and fresh cut lemons. The tea choices are regular and decaf Lipton and a wide assortment of herbal, etc. I THINK it was Twinnings, but not absolutely sure on that.

And yes, I'm a tea freak.

If you liked fresh brewed Ice Tea I don't think you will like what's offered. Very strong. As others have said best to take your time and make your own with hot water and the tea bags they offer. Even adding hot water to what they have it is just not ice tea IMHO.

I really like the iced tea on Princess. It is strong and unsweetened. You can ask for it in the Main Dining Room. It's also available in the Horizon Court Buffet. They have a self serve section for beverages, or you can find a seat and a buffet server will get it for you. Here's what the self serve setup looks like on the Coral Princess:

7391049290_833410b3b0_z.jpg

8651795023_e98bc64080_z.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

The ice tea in the dispensers is unsweetened and made from some sort of concentrate. It isn't horrible' date=' but it isn't very good.

I brought along a styrofoam cup and would get hot water and tea bags and brew a quart of tea. I then stored this in my fridge and poured it over ice in a nice mug to make my own iced tea. Much better, and really not much effort at all.

They have sugar, equal, and splenda available (maybe others, but these for sure) and fresh cut lemons. The tea choices are regular and decaf Lipton and a wide assortment of herbal, etc. I THINK it was Twinnings, but not absolutely sure on that.

And yes, I'm a tea freak.[/quote']

I do almost the same thing

Brew double bags of tea in a mug of water. Pour over a full cup of ice. For sweet tea, dissolve sweetener in the brewing tea.

I'm from the south, and love my iced tea as well. It was always fine on other Princess ships, but I asked for it at dinner the first night on our December Royal cruise and it was HORRIBLE. Definitely from some type of concentrate and absolutely vile & undrinkable. You could easily brew your own as others have stated. I just stuck with ice water.

Hi - new cruiser here. I see that iced tea is included at no additional charge on board. I don't drink soda (pop, if you're from the midwest), so my iced tea is important to me.

My question is, is it unsweetened or sweet? (hopefully unsweetened)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes and it's FREE!!!

The best iced tea is in the International Café where it is fresh brewed. It is free if you have a coffee card; if you do not have the card there is a charge. My suggestion is get a coffee card and have unlimited, excellent fresh brewed iced tea in the International Café either to drink there or to go.

The best iced tea is in the International Café where it is fresh brewed. It is free if you have a coffee card; if you do not have the card there is a charge. My suggestion is get a coffee card and have unlimited, excellent fresh brewed iced tea in the International Café either to drink there or to go.

So do I order this tea or do I get it from a dispenser?

I haven see them provide iced tea, only hot. My wife is always sending me to get more during the day(specialty teas) so it'll brew & she can chill it down for later.

I haven see them provide iced tea, only hot. My wife is always sending me to get more during the day(specialty teas) so it'll brew & she can chill it down for later.

OK, hot tea from the IC was my experience too. I didn't see (or get) and iced tea there. I just got excited when another poster said I could get iced there.

OK' date=' hot tea from the IC was my experience too. I didn't see (or get) and iced tea there. I just got excited when another poster said I could get iced there.[/quote']

My wife makes a large bottle each morning & afternoon & stores it in the fridge.

I'm perfectly happy with the stuff in Horizon.

The ice tea in the dispensers is unsweetened and made from some sort of concentrate. It isn't horrible' date=' but it isn't very good.

Totally agree! I kinda get used to it, but it shouldn't be called "iced tea"; that gives it a dignity it doesn't deserve. ;)

We order a pot or 2 of hot water from room service, along with a selection of tea bags. We steep our own and put the pots in the fridge to get cold.

Another option is to take some of the Cold Brew tea bags with you from home and make the tea with cold water in a pot.

I thought it was just me being picky! The ice tea on cruise ships is terrible! I drink mostly water and wine! On my earlier cruises, the coffee was about the same but they have made a definite improvement with coffee! I have occasionally brewed my own but just relented and had water. I will use these ideas on the Coral! Thanks!

I thought it was just me being picky! The ice tea on cruise ships is terrible! I drink mostly water and wine! On my earlier cruises, the coffee was about the same but they have made a definite improvement with coffee! I have occasionally brewed my own but just relented and had water. I will use these ideas on the Coral! Thanks!

Wine for breakfast works too. ;)

We order a pot or 2 of hot water from room service, along with a selection of tea bags. We steep our own and put the pots in the fridge to get cold.

Another option is to take some of the Cold Brew tea bags with you from home and make the tea with cold water in a pot.

Regular tea bags will work also.