Sincere Thank You to Carnival

glentally

My wife had a re occurrence of a medical issue and we were unable to cruise. Carnival credited me 100%.

I am 110% satisfied. Thank You Carnival!

Glen

since you posted this, inquiring minds wanna know how well Carnival acted on your behalf. Was this before final payment? after? without insurance? did they go above and beyond or just doing what is expected to happen?

since you posted this, inquiring minds wanna know how well Carnival acted on your behalf. Was this before final payment? after? without insurance? did they go above and beyond or just doing what is expected to happen?

I agree. OP was too vague. If before final payment then they are suppose to refund. If after final payment and they refunded then why did I buy insurance?

Glad you received the refund but would like more info.

I agree. OP was too vague. If before final payment then they are suppose to refund. If after final payment and they refunded then why did I buy insurance?

I was vague for a reason. I won't turn a positive customer relation effort into a why you and not me issue. I think that anyone with sincere personal/medical issues will be treated properly with the end result being a life long returning customer. I'm in the service business and one out of a hundred calls say "You guys are awesome, thank you". That was the only reason for the post and respectfully the last comment.

Thanks Carnival

I was vague for a reason. I won't turn a positive customer relation effort into a why you and not me issue. I think that anyone with sincere personal/medical issues will be treated properly with the end result being a life long returning customer. I'm in the service business and one out of a hundred calls say "You guys are awesome, thank you". That was the only reason for the post and respectfully the last comment.

Thanks Carnival

This serves no purpose in pushing information forward. I thought that was the main focus of this forum.

Posters come on here all the time looking for solutions and all the see is what the policies are and what other posters have experienced. If your experience has been different than policy then it is helpful to state that as it can give insight and hope to others.

Not everyone reverts to why not me, some will but it adds humanistic character to a corporation when it is revealed that they are sometimes able to apply real life to a situation on a case by case basis.

Thanks Carnival

But that's exactly what you did... I do think you should privately acknowledge the "Beards". This is a taunt. Why is your situation different or more deserving? I hope, like other readers, it was refunded because the circumstance meet their published policies and it wasn't due to hitting someone's soft spot.

Seriously folks there is not a requirement that the OP give you all the details. Yes it may help some, may make others mad...some simply want to know to be "nosey". Either way seems to be all the information we are getting and if you want your trips to be covered regardless of any life situation I would continue to buy trip insurance and then you don't have to worry about it.

if the OP was only just thanking Carnival, there were probably better methods to do so. Carnival probably rarely sees these and the right people probably wont see it

if the OP was letting everyone know of their experience, they were too vague.

its a strange post but everyone is allowed to post what they want

Edited by hftmrock

I'm guessing they didn't have trip insurance and Carnival went above and beyond by refunding them the money when they didn't have to.

On one hand I'm glad it worked out, on the other I don't see why they should have done it for one person and not for all who are in the same situation. That's what travel insurance is for. I'm sorry, but if you don't think it's worth it and assume the risk by not purchasing it, then you should 100% have to accept the consequences of what will happen should an emergency arise and not get any special consideration. Otherwise the company should do the same for all.

One of these days someone will sue them for discrimination because they denied their plea for help but granted someone else's. Don't know how far it would get in court, but with today's society it's just a matter of time.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I am not against Carnival refunding them if they didn't have to, I personally think it is a nice gesture. It is a slippery slope to do it for some and not others. Either way, I am with you..I will continue to buy trip insurance like I always have for those unexpected things life throws our way. Causes me less stress that way.

I'm guessing they didn't have trip insurance and Carnival went above and beyond by refunding them the money when they didn't have to.

On one hand I'm glad it worked out, on the other I don't see why they should have done it for one person and not for all who are in the same situation. That's what travel insurance is for. I'm sorry, but if you don't think it's worth it and assume the risk by not purchasing it, then you should 100% have to accept the consequences of what will happen should an emergency arise and not get any special consideration. Otherwise the company should do the same for all.

One of these days someone will sue them for discrimination because they denied their plea for help but granted someone else's. Don't know how far it would get in court, but with today's society it's just a matter of time.

I am not against Carnival refunding them if they didn't have to, I personally think it is a nice gesture. It is a slippery slope to do it for some and not others. Either way, I am with you..I will continue to buy trip insurance like I always have for those unexpected things life throws our way. Causes me less stress that way.

I agree.

This serves no purpose in pushing information forward. I thought that was the main focus of this forum.

Posters come on here all the time looking for solutions and all the see is what the policies are and what other posters have experienced. If your experience has been different than policy then it is helpful to state that as it can give insight and hope to others.

Not everyone reverts to why not me, some will but it adds humanistic character to a corporation when it is revealed that they are sometimes able to apply real life to a situation on a case by case basis.

Actually I think it did push the information forward. Basically the OP is saying that if you have an issue call Carnival and discuss it with them. But not with the expectation that you will automatically be compensated or with a feeling of self entitlement because "you did it for another guy in the same situation". Basically I think the point of his post is that it's a case by case situation. Those of you who have mentioned that slippery slope that might obligate Carnival to treat all the same is likely the reason the OP did not give the details. If I were him I wouldn't want any act of kindness on Carnival's part to be paid back by lawsuits from an overly litigious society.

Edited by Jana60

I'm glad the OP's Wife is OK. Nothing is more important than ones health. However, you wrote "why did I buy insurance?" Is a perfect question if the OP canceled within the penalty phase of the booking W/O having trip interruption coverage.

When a cruise line does give in, or makes the decision to refund during penalty period. It marginalizes the integrity of the purpose of purchasing the policy in the first place.

Long story short, I liked your question.

Not necessarily, the trip insurance covers so much more than the cancellation portion. I would buy regardless primarily for the other reasons (injury, illness, death) than for the cancellation part. Many of those occurrences would hit us in a bigger way financially than the cruise price.

I'm glad the OP's Wife is OK. Nothing is more important than ones health. However, you wrote "why did I buy insurance?" Is a perfect question if the OP canceled within the penalty phase of the booking W/O having trip interruption coverage.

When a cruise line does give in, or makes the decision to refund during penalty period. It marginalizes the integrity of the purpose of purchasing the policy in the first place.

Long story short, I liked your question.

Thanks Carnival

I think you posted just to see responses. I saw you cancelled a December cruise on Liberty. Was that the one?

It was the OP's way of saying that he got his money back and Carnival is great! You all shouldn't be complaining about not getting your money back because I did and Carnival is great! BTW, you are 100% right.

Having read the OP's post, and later response. This thread has become mostly irrelevant.

Yeah pretty much so. I'm glad he got his money back and sad for those under similar circumstances didn't. I buy trip insurance as soon as I get off the phone with my TA after booking. Matters not to me, but just hearing the horrible stories here, some are luckier than others.

Thanks Carnival

Some people that post here find it impossible to believe that CCL is a decent company to deal with. I am glad things worked out well for you.