Unwanted Upgrade, How do I get my cabin back?

BoxersMom

That is a different approach....helping a Fellow cruiser.

I am thinking it might even be fun!

Hope it catches on! :D

Reader

OP's reasoning did not pass muster with the self-elected Cruise Critic Council to warrant help.

yes, do not wait as your chances are already slim of getting it back

This seems a logical conclusion which many cruisers reach. In my opinion your chances are good to get back your cabin.

I should contact the cruise line and tell them what has happened and that you do not like it. Then suggest they put you back into your originally selected cabin and remove the newcomers and upgrade them into your upgraded cabin which you will be vacating. You will get zero upgrades while the guys you have moved on, get two upgrades.

Simple.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

It's funny the conflicting info FROM RC. We were upgraded to a royal family suite BUT RC said we would NOT get double points nor all of the suite benefits such as concierge, etc., because we did not PAY for a suite...
RCI seems to be pretty consistent on not giving double points for free upgrades, but I thought they usually gave you a gold card and associated suite benefits. Am I wrong on that?
...suggest they put you back into your originally selected cabin and remove the newcomers and upgrade them into your upgraded cabin which you will be vacating. You will get zero upgrades while the guys you have moved on, get two upgrades...
But this would make two parties happy; this is way too logical to actually happen:rolleyes:

On the phone at 9:00 with C&A Resolutions. Supposedly the people in my cabin have an International reservation and RCCL "can't" get into the reservation to change it. Odd to me since they got in the first time to change it. They are "trying" to contact anyone in an Aft now to see if they want my JS. Any of you JS lovers who have an Aft balcony on VOS on 1/11/16 please contact Scott in Loyalty Resolutions for a FREE JS upgrade.

This seems a logical conclusion which many cruisers reach. In my opinion your chances are good to get back your cabin.

I should contact the cruise line and tell them what has happened and that you do not like it. Then suggest they put you back into your originally selected cabin and remove the newcomers and upgrade them into your upgraded cabin which you will be vacating. You will get zero upgrades while the guys you have moved on, get two upgrades.

Simple.

Regards John

On the phone at 9:00 with C&A Resolutions. Supposedly the people in my cabin have an International reservation and RCCL "can't" get into the reservation to change it. Odd to me since they got in the first time to change it. They are "trying" to contact anyone in an Aft now to see if they want my JS. Any of you JS lovers who have an Aft balcony on VOS on 1/11/16 please contact Scott in Loyalty Resolutions for a FREE JS upgrade.

How do you know those People got upgraded to the aft cabin? They could have just booked it, when it became available and they might have a "Do not upgrade" on their booking.

Edited by 123funcruiser

Tell them you won't be paying RCI their service charges and you'll have your room back within 10 minutes.

Please keep us updated on how this turns out. I think Royal did you wrong.

I don't care if you booked an inside under the galley. If that's the cabin you pick,,, that's the cabin you get. Unless, they have the courtesy to call first.

That seems like they are feeding you a line because they don't want to deal with the issue. I have a hard time believing that no one there can get into that reservation

Also why do they have to contact anyone else in an act cabin to upgrade them to a JS. They moved you without checking didn't they.

I would post this on your roll call if you have not already done so

How do you know those People got upgraded to the aft cabin? They could have just booked it, when it became available and they might have a "Do not upgrade" on their booking.

If they just booked it then they will get just one upgrade.

Regards John

RCI seems to be pretty consistent on not giving double points for free upgrades, but I thought they usually gave you a gold card and associated suite benefits. Am I wrong on that?But this would make two parties happy; this is way too logical to actually happen:rolleyes:

I was upgraded from a Js to a GS due to a reservation system glitch where I had the Js booked (last one) and deposit paid for but when the TA sent the payment to RCCL, it showed as booked by someone else. They called it an upgrade and I got full benefits.

That seems like they are feeding you a line because they don't want to deal with the issue. I have a hard time believing that no one there can get into that reservation

Also why do they have to contact anyone else in an act cabin to upgrade them to a JS. They moved you without checking didn't they.

If it´s an international booking it´s the truth that RCI in the US can´t Access the booking.

I had this happen a few years ago, also on the Vision. Had the corner aft, and our friends had the other corner aft. We were both "upgraded" to Jr Suites, even though our preferences were no upgrades. We called our TA and she managed to get them back for us. The cabin is plenty big for us, and we did not want to give up that gorgeous balcony for a midship Jr Suite. No regrets at all, we loved our cabin and balcony. Good luck, I hope you get it back.

I was upgraded from a Js to a GS due to a reservation system glitch where I had the Js booked (last one) and deposit paid for but when the TA sent the payment to RCCL, it showed as booked by someone else. They called it an upgrade and I got full benefits.
Did that include double points?

Thank you Irishgal432!! I just got a call from Scott in Loyalty Resolutions and I am now in Aft Cabin 7660 which I am completely happy with!! Scott told me that my TA, Costco Travel, actually helped facilitate this change. Glad that Royal could make this right in the end. Thanks to all of you for your responses!

Thank you Irishgal432!! I just got a call from Scott in Loyalty Resolutions and I am now in Aft Cabin 7660 which I am completely happy with!! Scott told me that my TA, Costco Travel, actually helped facilitate this change. Glad that Royal could make this right in the end. Thanks to all of you for your responses!

I did not know you were working with a TA; but always try them FIRST in the future. They have access to people within RCI that no one calling direct will ever get to.

I am VERY HAPPY FOR YOU that you were able to get a cabin that you wanted back.

Glad that it worked out for you!!! Have a great cruise:)

You read my mind Merion Mom!...:)

Normally I would take any upgrade, at any time, (though have still never, ever met the upgrade fairy) but plan on setting my profile to "do not upgrade" for our Radiance August Alaska cruise B2B. Not giving up 9256 for anything on that one! Well....except for 1100. ;) Aft cabins are great for viewing the inland water way. :)

I had this happen a few years ago, also on the Vision. Had the corner aft, and our friends had the other corner aft. We were both "upgraded" to Jr Suites, even though our preferences were no upgrades. We called our TA and she managed to get them back for us. The cabin is plenty big for us, and we did not want to give up that gorgeous balcony for a midship Jr Suite. No regrets at all, we loved our cabin and balcony. Good luck, I hope you get it back.

Since this is the 2nd incident reported here. Now all of us who have booked corner AFT are beginning to worry that we might get upgraded to mid ship JS even if our preferences is "no upgrade"....

Seems that some upgrade staff are no longer looking at the upgrade preferences first before doing an upgrade.

Tell them you won't be paying RCI their service charges and you'll have your room back within 10 minutes.

You are suggesting that she punish the servers for a corporate policy? Besides, chances are the OP never set her preferences to "do not upgrade". I think it is HORRIBLE when someone makes a mistake (like OP most likely did) and you suggest she punish others for that mistake.

Don't get me wrong - I feel for the OP. I have an aft balcony for my Norway cruise and don't want it upgraded. And I sure hope she gets her aft back.