Triumph Oct 20 2016 - now chartered

hlb76

Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes a large group will semi-charter a ship and take over several venues during sea days - can be amusing or irritating if a bunch of Goths or RedHats or PinkRhinos or whatever group seems to be everywhere on the ship. Carnival won't tell you before and there's no OBC if you complain during the cruise.

At least when a nudist group does a cruise, they do a full charter. Some people don't like to be on the next sailing though.

Welcome to the world of full ship charters, folks. The cruise lines make more money off of them, and 9 1/2 months is not late in the game.

However, the compensation of $25 OBC is a joke! Shame on Carnival.

Ships typically charter at a daily rate, say $1 million per day (depending on ship). Then whoever is chartering the ship either has to sell the cabins to the group, or just pick up the tab themselves, and everyone sails for free, although drink and other on board purchases will be at the cruiser's expense.

Think of this: "Gigantic Corporation" decides it wants its best employees on an "incentive / reward" cruise for 7 nights. The company has profits north of $2 billion a year. So what does $7 million mean to them- nothing.

With a charter it is sure money for the cruise line. No price drops to deal with, no OBC, no nothing. Easy money. Who can blame them?

I've been on three of those charters, albeit on small ship, but they are wonderful, and with the right company you don't pay a penny for anything on the ship, and they often cover excursions.

We have been on 2 partial charters. First was a bunch of swingers.. very interesting t shirts and more. They where fine for the most part. The second was a bunch of rappers and those guests where very disrespectful. It was the worst cruise... I mean we made the best of it but the crowd was horrible

I don't think OP will get more than $25 OBC p.p.

Our group cruise on the Breeze was chartered - it is a 8 day cruise and all guests received $50.

No matter how many calls, e-mails, pleads, protests. The OBC stayed the same.

However, we were given the option to book another date at the same rate so we picked a super expensive week (Easter) and paid the lower prices.

We had the same thing happen on the Breeze, had booked it for a 4/16 cruise and were informed the ship was chartered and our cruise cancelled. Now this was more than a year out but still I couldn't really find the same itinerary in the same time period. They did give us 50.00obc and let us book our new one for the same price we were paying and the new one was several hundred dollars more, so we are going and that's all that counts.

So, what were the dates of this cruise? I am getting ready to book a cruise out of NOLA and want to know if it's the one I'm looking at.

Does anyone know who chartered this one? Thanks.

Well, based on some not-so-cryptic posting by the band in question, NK Mafia has discovered that it was New Kids on the Block who chartered.

Well, based on some not-so-cryptic posting by the band in question, NK Mafia has discovered that it was New Kids on the Block who chartered.

Well if it true I'm thrilled we dodged that bullet!! I'm not a boy band fan at all and have a special dislike towards that band. I suffered enough as a teen sharing a room with a sister who loved them. If it was not a full charter I would of envoked the satisfaction guarantee to get off if I could of waited that long. Swimming back may of been an option.

I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not...I didn't know boy bands could really book out an entire cruise ship!!!

http://newkidscruise.com/the-ship

(Am I allowed to post that?)

Edited by Domergirl

Not a chartered cruise I'd be interested in. The cost seems high for taxes and only one port day in Cozumel. The remainder must be the other "booking" fees. I feel sorry for those first time cruisers that will get over charged and not know it.

What is NOT included with the prices?

• Taxes, Government Fees and Booking charges($299 per person added to the cabin cost)

You inspired me to figure out who chartered our cruise. The USS Paul D. Foster 2016 reunion cruise. Not nearly as upsetting as being bumped for NKOTB. :)

http://www.military.com/Resources/ReunionDisplay/1,11584,212093-200733,00.html

Reading all above today and i do feel sorry for those originally booked and now its chartered out for the new kids.

Yes- they can and will sell out the cruise- this is the 8th cruise of theirs.

it will be my second cruise with them.

good times.

but sorry once more for all those who were booked on it originally. we pleaded to do nyc to bermuda - but noone listened :(

:)