Suite Breakfast and Lunch in Cagney's

sail7seas

Dawn doesn't have a Haven. Does it have Moderno? I don't remember seeing it and know we didn't try it.

Yes, the Dawn has Moderno.

Regarding the suite breakfast and lunch, there is a separate menu for that, so whatever is served in the venue during the evening is irrelevant to what suite guests get earlier in the day,

It would be nice if suite breakfast and lunch had a daily "special" on the menu, possibly themed to the port of the day. The menu in Cagneys could use some updating for those meals. I know you can order things available in the other venues and I have, such as kippers for breakfast. My wife, on the other hand, would eat a steak for 21 meals in row. Breakfast and lunch "specials" would be a great way to try out additions and/or replacements to the menues.

We had breakfast and lunch in Cagney's when on the Star. There was a very nice buffet table with fruits (raspberries, blueberries and dry fruits) and pastries and goodies to compliment what was on the menu. The service was much better then in the MDR IMHO.

We had breakfast and lunch in Cagney's when on the Star. There was a very nice buffet table with fruits (raspberries, blueberries and dry fruits) and pastries and goodies to compliment what was on the menu. The service was much better then in the MDR IMHO.

Suite guests on the Star now dine in Moderno for Breakfast and Lunch. Was on the Star in Sept/Oct for 24 days. The Buffet in Modernos is set up much nicer than it was when in Cagney's.

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the great staff in O'Sheehans and the food was ok too. As far as dining in complimentary venues, we found them all very good although we never did actually dine at the buffet.

It would be nice if suite breakfast and lunch had a daily "special" on the menu, possibly themed to the port of the day. The menu in Cagneys could use some updating for those meals. I know you can order things available in the other venues and I have, such as kippers for breakfast. My wife, on the other hand, would eat a steak for 21 meals in row. Breakfast and lunch "specials" would be a great way to try out additions and/or replacements to the menues.

Amen. We were on the Dawn for 21 days and loved Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. BUT, the menu did get monotonous. Love the ideas of daily specials.

Perhaps it is because I have only experienced the suite lunch and breakfasts as a guest of Norwegian and never paid for this privilege, but I had no trouble enjoying my breakfast and lunch there for 19 days on our last cruise. The idea of complaining about it is so beyond anything I can imagine! LOL

In addition to the six or more entrée selections for each meal, I had no problem in combining the meat from one and the eggs from another...can you say Steak Benedict? Of course, when I asked for that, the fine server said no that wasn't available...so I asked for steak and eggs and asked for the eggs to be poached and for a side of hollandaise...when he brought it, I moved the steak under the eggs and said, "Voila" He laughed!

When I got tired of the swordfish sandwich at lunch (and the waistband on my pants had started screaming), I asked to have the fish served on top of the salad. Another day again on behalf of my screaming shirt buttons I asked for just a small bowl of the polenta without the chicken and a salad.

Anyway, while I agree that a daily special would be nice and love the idea of using the suite passengers as a testing ground for dishes, you won't ever hear me complain about those anything as decadent as the suite breakfast and lunches...especially those wonderful relaxed mornings spent enjoying my POT of French pressed coffee and any of the delicious morsels.:D

If you have low expectations for Cagney's(or wherever they serve it) breakfast and lunch, you'll do ok.

I'm not sure what you mean. The suite and Haven breakfast and lunch in the designated restaurant is MUCH better than the MDR, the Buffet, or any other 'free' venue on the ship. Not that the others are bed.....but the Suite/Haven venue s simply better. Please explain?

Harriet

I'm not sure what you mean. The suite and Haven breakfast and lunch in the designated restaurant is MUCH better than the MDR, the Buffet, or any other 'free' venue on the ship. Not that the others are bed.....but the Suite/Haven venue s simply better. Please explain?

Harriet

I'm with you. After braving the Garden Cafe for breakfast one day at lunch on the Jewel, we quickly decided to go back to Cagney's each day for breakfast and lunch (when we didn't order in). While the menu didn't change, there was plenty of selection to keep us satisfied and the food was decent. And no kids running wild or bizarre buffet line patterns.

I agree that the Cagney's menu is limited and would love specials to be added.

Since I don't eat fish, and half the selections at breakfast and lunch contain fish, it kind of limits me.

The service is great, and the relative tranquility and privacy is wonderful on a busy cruise, but the breakfast/lunch food isn't anything I'd sing the praises of at a restaurant at home. On land, it would be a place I wouldn't mind going back to if it was the most convenient option available at a given time, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back to.

Perhaps it is because I have only experienced the suite lunch and breakfasts as a guest of Norwegian and never paid for this privilege, but I had no trouble enjoying my breakfast and lunch there for 19 days on our last cruise. The idea of complaining about it is so beyond anything I can imagine! LOL

In addition to the six or more entrée selections for each meal, I had no problem in combining the meat from one and the eggs from another...can you say Steak Benedict? Of course, when I asked for that, the fine server said no that wasn't available...so I asked for steak and eggs and asked for the eggs to be poached and for a side of hollandaise...when he brought it, I moved the steak under the eggs and said, "Voila" He laughed!

When I got tired of the swordfish sandwich at lunch (and the waistband on my pants had started screaming), I asked to have the fish served on top of the salad. Another day again on behalf of my screaming shirt buttons I asked for just a small bowl of the polenta without the chicken and a salad.

passengers as a testing ground for dishes, you won't ever hear me complain about those anything as decadent as the suite breakfast and lunches...especially those wonderful relaxed mornings spent enjoying my POT of French pressed coffee and any of the delicious morsels.:D

My kind of guy :)