Dining room question

wild hogs

I am an experienced cruiser but not with Royal Caribbean. We are going on our 1st Royal Caribbean in a few months. I have read that at the main dining room you can not ask for multiple appetizers, entrees or desserts. I have an autistic adult son who likes to try different foods. I don't want him to be embarrassed if they tell him no. Please let me know what you have experienced? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure where you have read that but it is not true at all. You can order multiple dishes in any course, or all of them!

Perhaps there was a confusion with specialty restaurants which do limit you to one entree

I'm not sure where you have read that but it is not true at all. You can order multiple dishes in any course, or all of them!

Perhaps there was a confusion with specialty restaurants which do limit you to one entree

That is awesome to hear. Maybe it was a miscommunication. I knew I would get answers from here. Thanks for answering so quickly.

I am an experienced cruiser but not with Royal Caribbean. We are going on our 1st Royal Caribbean in a few months. I have read that at the main dining room you can not ask for multiple appetizers, entrees or desserts. I have an autistic adult son who likes to try different foods. I don't want him to be embarrassed if they tell him no. Please let me know what you have experienced? Thanks in advance!

They will not say no.

You may be thinking of the specialty restaurants. I believe you can't have multiple items at those.

In a specialty restaurant, you can have multiple items of ANY course except entree. For an additional entree, there is a $10 charge.

you may ask for multiple everything but do so at the same time( if you want to try 3 different apps order all of them at once, not piecemeal and not after they start serving the next course. )

oh and if you hem and haw between two items do not be surprised of the wait staff brings out both anyway.

many people order one each and a third to share. especially dessert

I always have epic MDR dinners :) I am one of the passengers who orders 2-4 appetizers (often multiples of the same appetizer) and 3-4 entrées (also often multiples of the same 1 or 2 entrées) each night.

My record from a few cruises ago is 8 plates of gyoza (they only put about 6 dumplings on the plate). Though on Grandeur they changed the way it's prepared :( Now the gyoza is deep-fried...not as appetizing to me. (Apparently they forgot that gyoza is supposed to be pan-fried -- and they also didn't seem to know that what they called Singapore noodles are not Singapore noodles -- they used a wheat noodle and no curry?!)

Day 9 on Grandeur (second formal night), I had multiple appetizers, one plate of the prime rib, and three fisherman's plates (lobster tail and shrimp). The waiter was a champ at meeting my appetite :D I was trying not to leave any lobster tails for the second seating at 20:00 :D

Edited by moopetguy

In the MDR, we have never had any problems ordering multiple appetizers/entrees/desserts.

Just tell the waiter what you want upfront when you order and they will try to please.