Booking on board offers.

ellasnan

Has anyone booked for 2018 whilst on board? We travel in April and I'm wondering if I should book now or wait to see what the offers are on board.

If anyone has the print out I'd appreciate it if they'd post on here.

Thanks.

It's always going to be more advantageous to book on board, at least from a lower deposit and future OBC standpoint. I guess the exceptions would be if you want to get the best cabin now, or the current 2 perk offer that might expire before your cruise. You can always book now and then cancel/re-book if they have a better offer from onboard booking in April.

It's always going to be more advantageous to book on board, at least from a lower deposit and future OBC standpoint. I guess the exceptions would be if you want to get the best cabin now, or the current 2 perk offer that might expire before your cruise. You can always book now and then cancel/re-book if they have a better offer from onboard booking in April.

We are booked for 2017 but may have to change to 2018. If we cancel we lose the deposit of £750 (5passengers) or change we pay the amendment fee plus extra cost!! So I wanted to see what the offers are this year!M

Thanks.

One issue is the choice of cruise. Last year, we debated the exact same thing. We booked with our TA on Jan 3, 2015, since we were not planning to sail until late February and they were talking about ending the 123Go all-inclusive.

It turned out that they extended the perk, but by the time we boarded the ship and asked, the cost of the cruise we had chosen had gone up by nearly $500 per person! We were glad we had already booked, since the benefit to booking on board was less OBC than we saved by booking early.

Has anyone booked for 2018 whilst on board? We travel in April and I'm wondering if I should book now or wait to see what the offers are on board.

If anyone has the print out I'd appreciate it if they'd post on here.

Thanks.

You are in the UK, so that complicates things because if you book and cancel, you forfeit your deposit.

My advice is that if you find an offer you like, before the cruise, book through a US travel agent that won't charge you a cancellation fee. That way you have flexibility to cancel and rebook, if that's necessary, onboard or at some later date when you see a better offer. Do not do this through a UK agent because of the deposit issue though....

Rules are completely different outside the USA. Am not aware much of the 2018 schedule had been released. Hard to book those now!

A UK question - if Celebrity charters your cruise do you still lose your deposit? Are all deposits always not refundable there?

Thanks for all the responses! I wouldn't book this early with a US agent due to currency fluctuations. As many people are finding out now. I have had a booking for the family since last year for 2017. Due to personal reasons I'd like to transfer to 2018. We've priced it including amendment fees and it works out as much as just cancelling. Without any obc or 123.

I just wondered what the offers were being given as an incentive for booking on board this year. I have the 2014 offers and would like to compare.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Booking on board gets a lower deposit and OBC.

I keep hearing about "2 perks" being offered now (whether booked now or onboard). We currently have 1 perk on a cruise in 2017 that was booked in November. When our agent looked into it we could get the 2 perks but the price has increased to over $200 more per person for AQU, so not worth it as the gratuities are less.

We are told the 2 perks are only through April 2017, but someone we know said they were offering the 2 perks onboard for the same price for a cruise in November 2017. I can't tell since our friends booked a different cabin category.

Edited by Jade13

Rules are completely different outside the USA. Am not aware much of the 2018 schedule had been released. Hard to book those now!

A UK question - if Celebrity charters your cruise do you still lose your deposit? Are all deposits always not refundable there?

If X were to cancel our cruise we could either have our booking swapped to another cruise or have a refund.

You are in the UK, so that complicates things because if you book and cancel, you forfeit your deposit.

Definitely incorrect.

I booked onboard recently, the deposit I paid was immediately given back to me as OBC and I have already spent it, so how do I forfeit my deposit?

Definitely incorrect.

I booked onboard recently, the deposit I paid was immediately given back to me as OBC and I have already spent it, so how do I forfeit my deposit?

It all depends on who you have booked through though.

We booked 2 B2B cruises while onboard and told we would definitely get our deposit back if cancelled before final payment date. Have now tried to cancel and they said we will loose deposit because we did not cancel before 175 days. We only booked 3 days before that and we were still onboard at 175 days. Anyone else this has happened to? Thanks