Nassau: Hotel/Resort day passes. Which did you choose and why?

Ahall2015

FWIW, we did the Melia last year and were disappointed. The grounds were nice enough, but apparently they had recently stopped the water sports as part of the pass. We didn't realize this until after we had paid and tried to go take something out. Everything I had read here said it was included, so they must have changed the policy inbetween the posts I read here and when we went.

I thought it was a bit overpriced for just sitting on the beach.

We are, unfortunately, back again to Nassau this spring and don't have enough time to do the Atlantis park, so am now trying to figure out something else.

For those of you who have gone to the British Colonial Hilton, can you tell me whether there is free wifi on the beach (or in the hotel). Thanks.

Yes - there is free wifi! They give you the code when you check-in and purchase your pass. It was sporadic on the beach but worked very well in the restaurant area (outside).

Edited by Queensmom2

Yes - there is free wifi! They give you the code when you check-in and purchase your pass. It was sporadic on the beach but worked very well in the restaurant area (outside).

Thank you so much for your quick response. As much as I wish I could disconnect from the office while on vacation, that can't happen. At the end of the day, I'd still rather be dealing with email while on a beach than at my desk.

At the Hilton, do just the adult passes include the food and beverage credit? We have two adults and two kids, so I'm trying to analyze costs. $65 for adults and $38 for kids, correct?

TIA

I believe the kids pass includes a $15 voucher. Adult food voucher allows $40.

At the Hilton, do just the adult passes include the food and beverage credit? We have two adults and two kids, so I'm trying to analyze costs. $65 for adults and $38 for kids, correct?

TIA

$60 adults includes $40 food/drink credit

$30 kids (age 6 - 12) includes $20 food/drink credit

Kids under 6 (so 5 and younger) are free but no food/drink credit.

TIA[/quote

Sorry - can't quote on that, because my kids are both over 12 so we paid 'adult' prices for them, which included a $40 food voucher for each. However, if you email the hotel (which I did before going), they are very good about emailing you back with info!

Just an FYI: I tried to book the BCH for our cruise and it was already sold out. We wont be there until Jan 2017 so I was really surprised that they were sold out this far in advance.

Deciding now between Breezes, Melia and Sandals. Does anyone have any info or reviews on the adult only hotels? Breezes or Sandals? DH is thinking there will be numerous drunk young adults that hes not sure we want to spend 200-300 dollars to be surrounded by lol. Hes 33 for godsake he acts like hes 80!! Anywho, any feedback on those would be great thanks!

Just an FYI: I tried to book the BCH for our cruise and it was already sold out. We wont be there until Jan 2017 so I was really surprised that they were sold out this far in advance.

Deciding now between Breezes, Melia and Sandals. Does anyone have any info or reviews on the adult only hotels? Breezes or Sandals? DH is thinking there will be numerous drunk young adults that hes not sure we want to spend 200-300 dollars to be surrounded by lol. Hes 33 for godsake he acts like hes 80!! Anywho, any feedback on those would be great thanks!

That's too funny. My husband and I are in our late 40's and liked both Sandals and Breezes. I didn't feel like I surrounded by drunk adults at either place, but we weren't there during spring break either. I'm more worried about that for our cruise this weekend. :) It really depends on how much you want to spend since Sandals costs a lot more.

I do want to warn you about going in January though. Neither place has a heated pool and the water is COLD in January. Also, the weather can be very variable - it could be rainy, windy and cold or it could be 80 degrees and sunny. You really don't know. So I probably wouldn't try to book a day pass in advance. Just wait until you get there to see what the weather will be like. January is not busy season, so that shouldn't have a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just returned from Nassau and booked Melia Resort through bookatourcaribbean.com In the $60 range. Lovely resort and an easy bus ride from the ships for $1.25 each person, each way. Pools, shade, sunny beaches, clean and beautiful. Easy booking and pay only a little down, rest when you arrive at the hotel. NICE!

Hi, my husband, 9 yo daughter and I just got back from our cruise and did the day pass at the Melia. It was really great! I booked online paid a deposit then paid the rest cash when we arrived. I booked just the day pass originally for $35/adult but it was only $4 more to add lunch at O'Grille. We didn't get into port until 11 and weren't allowed off until closer to 12. After catching a cab we got there around 12:30. We swam in the ocean for a while, then checked out the fresh water pool. Around 2:30 we went to find o'grille but the lady working there pointed us to an outdoor buffet near the pool and bathrooms. Works for us! The food was ok - basic burgers, fries with a really good salad. The waitress brings your drinks. This took a while and she messed up my kids drink. No biggie, she drank gingerale instead of lemonade :) there were about 5 desserts to try. We got one that looked like pudding with whipped cream on top and gave it to the kid, turns out it was rum pudding. Oh well, one bite of that and the kid made a sour face. We stayed until around 4:30. It was very sunny and we were feeling it. Taxi back was smooth. I would definitely do this again!

Heres the link:

https://www.bookatourcaribbean.com/MeliaNassauDayPass

Hi, my husband, 9 yo daughter and I just got back from our cruise and did the day pass at the Melia. It was really great! ...Taxi back was smooth. I would definitely do this again!

Heres the link:

Thanks for your review....could you please tell me more about your taxi? About how much was your taxi fare each way, and was it a small taxi? (We have a large party of ten, so we might need two.) How did you arrange your return transportation?

Maddle

Hi Maddle,

We just walked off the ship and through the cruise center. Right along the road are a long line of taxis. We went in the van kind. It was $20 total for the 3 of us each way. Outside of the hotel were a couple taxis just waiting around for people. I've read where some have had the hotel call for a taxi when one wasn't there. It's about 20 minutes from ship to hotel but traffic can get very busy during peak times. 2 van taxis would work for your group. Good luck! Have fun