Allure 24 Jan Labadee

pilot

Boarded 2 hours ago. They are selling Labadee excursions. Girl said, as far as she knew, we were stopping there. Didn't seem to be as crowded as normal when boarding at 11:30.

That is exciting news, we leave on the Oasis on Saturday. Enjoy your cruise will be following you all on the webcam to see if you stop on Tuesday...hope you do!!

Boarded 2 hours ago. They are selling Labadee excursions. Girl said, as far as she knew, we were stopping there. Didn't seem to be as crowded as normal when boarding at 11:30.

Might be a lot of passengers who missed flights due to the storm and will board when the ship reaches Jamaica.

Strange that they're selling Labadee excursions though. I figured it would be canceled like all the other ships scheduled to go there this week. :confused: We are on Oasis Jan. 30th and I was guessing we'd have another sea day. Sure hope Allure makes it... and that we do too. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Interesting. The other thread said Navigator, Vision, Allure and Independence have cancelled Labadee for next week up to Jan 27th.

So we just wait and see.

Yes. I questioned the person who posted where his info came from. He responded that it was confirmed on the various Roll Calls. I looked and could find NO such info on Allure or Independence Roll Calls, and asked where was it since I couldn't find it. That Poster disappeared without further response:mad: Don't believe everything you read on CC.

Thom

I wonder if this issue with Labadee goes on long enough what RCL will do about it. I've booked the Allure in April, and although I know the ship has plenty to do on board, I really would like more than 2 stops during a 7-day cruise. Are there other places that RCL might utilize instead of Labadee?

I wonder if this issue with Labadee goes on long enough what RCL will do about it. I've booked the Allure in April, and although I know the ship has plenty to do on board, I really would like more than 2 stops during a 7-day cruise. Are there other places that RCL might utilize instead of Labadee?

A 7 night Allure Western Caribbean cruise could stop in Falmouth, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Allure does not have tendering capability; those 3 ports have docks that can handle Allure.

A 7 night Allure Western Caribbean cruise could stop in Falmouth, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Allure does not have tendering capability; those 3 ports have docks that can handle Allure.

Where is Costa Maya located?

Mexico, Caribbean coast, south of Cozumel.

So would an added stop in Costa Maya require Falmouth to be pushed up to day 3, instead of 4? So that they could hit Costa Maya, then Cozumel, Sea Day, Fort Lauderdale?

Unfortunately, it would seem that Nassau is more likely. They could hit Nassau on Day 2, then a Sea Day, and then Falmouth and Cozumel wouldn't have to be changed.

When our Oasis Eastern cruise in August was rerouted we ended up in Costa Maya. Yes the pier is big enough, however IMO the port really isn't. Since the previous time we were there some of the shops are closed and one of the bars is totally gone, leaving an empty space. (This may have been remedied since)

More to the original topic, if they are selling excursions and you want to go, might as well buy. If you buy an excursion on-board or online from RC directly and the stop is cancelled you will get your money back.

I sure hope they choose Costa Maya vs Nassau. It seems that Nassau would be a little out of the way for a western Caribbean. Hopefully the western itinerary would include Costa Maya. I LOVE that port.

Nassau is so close to Ft. Lauderdale that it's probably not much out of the way for any Caribbean itinerary.

So would an added stop in Costa Maya require Falmouth to be pushed up to day 3, instead of 4? So that they could hit Costa Maya, then Cozumel, Sea Day, Fort Lauderdale?...
Yes: 1) FLL 2) sea day 3) Falmouth 4) sea day 5) Costa Maya 6) Cozumel 7) sea day 8) FLL should be doable. But personally I'm waiting to see if Allure has a normal day in Labadee tomorrow, before I start worrying about my scheduled stop in Labadee next week:cool:

I sure hope they choose Costa Maya vs Nassau. It seems that Nassau would be a little out of the way for a western Caribbean. Hopefully the western itinerary would include Costa Maya. I LOVE that port.

Agree about Costa Maya. We did a B2B Cruise on the Liberty March/April 2011 and Costa Maya was one of our stops. We took a short bus ride up to Mahahual. Big white sandy beach, bars, places to eat and local vendors. $1.00 beers and good Margaritas. We also stopped in the original Fernando's 100% Agave one block from the beach and had a drink. Fernando and his staff were great. My understanding the original Fernando's is no longer there.