Concierge Class or Aqua

obuckley

We have always gone aqua class but are wondering about concierge. Is the difference really just flowers, and pillows? OR are the veranda rooms larger? We kind of fell in love with Blu but .......... maybe try concierge? What say you?

Thanks

Donna

I will also be interested in what people have to say. We are going on a Transatlantic cruise in April and are considering upgrading to Agua, I have never had a problem with the MDR, so I do not need Blu. I also believe that the cabin size is the same. So why pay more to upgrade?

The only reason I booked Concierge class was because it included the drink package, paid gratuities, and $300 obc. This was a promo they were running back in Nov 2014 and I booked the cruise for May 2016. With the included perks it turned out to be more cost effective than booking a regular veranda. The cruise is on the Summit and from what I have been reading here the M class Concierge rooms are larger than the S class rooms. I wouldn't book a CC just for the extra amenities or extra captains club points. I would rather pay less money for a standard veranda. I could have booked Aqua class for $50pp more with the same three perks plus Blu but I hate the location of the Aqua rooms.

Have you ever been in the MDR on Celebrity or any other cruise? Completely different from Blu, and the biggest difference between the 2 classes. If you "fell in love with Blu", the MDR will be a completely different experience.

We always dine in the MDR (early seating) and over the last 3 cruises we have been very impressed with the presentation, food quality and service - especially on our Japan/China cruise on the Millie. We normally book reg balcony's but will grab Concierge if the price is right. We might do a Specialty for an occasion once every two or three cruises. We have no desire or need to pay more for Blu.

Edited by Christine Frances

On an M Class ship (Constellation, Infinity, Millennium & Summit) Concierge & Aqua Class cabins are 194 sq ft as compared to the standard veranda cabins which are 170 sq ft.

If you're sailing on an M class, and the size of the cabin is important, then book CC or AQ. IF you're sailing on an S class, standard veranda, CC & AQ cabins are the same size with the exception of the C1's which have a larger balcony.

As for flowers,(if they're still giving them), pillows, they're in both AQ and CC cabins. We booked AQ strictly for BLU, which I must admit is not the same as the first time we tried it three years ago.

On an S-class ship, I wouldn't even consider Concierge class unless it was the same price as a regular balcony (this does happen!). The rooms are just like any other balcony room and are often in less desirable locations. The small perks (bottle of bubbly, footstool, pillow menu) are negligible and are definitely not worth paying an upcharge, IMO. We went with Concierge on our first X cruise because at that time, the rewards points were much higher, but after they changed the loyalty program a few years ago that's no longer really a worthwhile reason to upgrade.

Aqua is a different story, because as you know, Blu is worth paying a bit more for. We enjoy the Persian Gardens, too, so we figure that AQ is worth maybe $35-40pp per night more than a regular balcony (or $250-300pp for a 7-nighter). We are not fans of the MDR so we accept that we will have to do something to upgrade our meals - Aqua/Blu is one choice, a specialty dining package is another option.

On M-class ships, some Concierge rooms are larger than standard balconies so might be worth the upgrade. Depends on how much you're willing to pay for a few extra square feet of space.

As mentioned, the larger rooms on M Class may make the price differential worthwhile. However the CC amenities are not worth much at all, and many of them are illusory, like 'priority boarding'. Not!

You get thicker bathrobes, footstools on the balcony, and a small dish of canapés delivered each day (sometimes only if you are actually in your cabin. This consists of a few nuts, a piece of fruit, etc.) I have heard that flowers are discontinued, and in any event I always bring a large bouquet on board with me (costs $14.99 at Publix in FLL).

Unless you have dire need of the extra CC points, or there is some sort of special promotion as mentioned above, I just don't see the value in CC. Our favorite cabins are balconies on the flat part of the hump at the midship elevators, so convenient, great views, etc.

The showers in Aqua are the only thing I'd be interested in. We normally do Concierge because we like their locations. We like traditional dining in the MDR. Don't care for Blu or Persian Gardens, couldn't drink the tea & don't like Aqua locations. Everyone has different tastes

We have always gone aqua class but are wondering about concierge. Is the difference really just flowers, and pillows? OR are the veranda rooms larger? We kind of fell in love with Blu but .......... maybe try concierge? What say you?

Thanks

Donna

There are no longer any flowers in the Aqua Class rooms and the pillows are the same as every other cabin.

The biggest difference between the two is that Aqua Class includes access to Blu and Persian Gardens.

A lot of people complain about the location of the AQ staterooms, but we loved the one we had on the Reflection (11th deck). We were on the hump and had a huge balcony and no noise at all as there was cabins above us.

For the record, I have never sailed Celebrity. I have booked a cruise on Celebrity for summer 2017 so I have been doing a ton of research.

From what I can gather, the amenities that come with Concierge class are available to anyone for the most part. The expanded room service menu has hardly anything extra on it and the few extra things can be ordered by people in regular rooms if they just write it in.

The pillow menu seems to be available to anyone who asks as well.

This seems to be the case over and over again.

However, we still chose to book a Concierge room because the ship we chose has them as their aft balcony cabins. The Aqua class on this ship was actually a little cheaper but location of our balcony was priority #1 on an Alaskan cruise.

So for us, it is all about location. Had Aqua (or just regular Veranda) been aft balcony cabins then we would have gone with them.

I know this is a subjective subject but when deciding on aqua or concierge this is our experience

not using any freebie packages or any other incentive I would say we (my wife and I) would probably not go aqua class again.

we found that certain aspects of the aqua class were great (Persian gardens etc) but did not find the extra goodies to be to our advantage.we found blue to be very good but in our opinion no better than the food and service in the main dining room,although blue ''was '' a more healthy option.

we have done both classes on the solstice ,and did find the large overhang to our liking in aqua.

as I said maybe not again but you never know.

enjoy whichever way you choose

As mentioned, the cabin size of CC and Aqua on M class is larger than their balcony cabins while the S class ships have the same size cabins in all 3 categories. If you want to try CC, the best option is a C1 cabin on an M class ship where the veranda is like having an extra room attached to your cabin. Otherwise opt for Aqua and Blu.

Thanks

Donna

Concierge has no appeal to us (except location). So called perks have no value.

We also like aqua because of the Blu, free water (gone now), Relaxation Room (on S class) and Persian room. Definetely Aqua if the price is right!

On an M Class ship (Constellation, Infinity, Millennium & Summit) Concierge & Aqua Class cabins are 194 sq ft as compared to the standard veranda cabins which are 170 sq ft.

If you're sailing on an M class, and the size of the cabin is important, then book CC or AQ. IF you're sailing on an S class, standard veranda, CC & AQ cabins are the same size with the exception of the C1's which have a larger balcony.

As for flowers,(if they're still giving them), pillows, they're in both AQ and CC cabins. We booked AQ strictly for BLU, which I must admit is not the same as the first time we tried it three years ago.

Thanks Loracin2. That was what I was wondering..

Donna

In two weeks we will be on our 3rd Celebrity Cruise. Our first was Aqua and we got a great price and we loved loved loved Blu (and the shower and footstools on balcony were nice).

Last year we did a regular balcony room because it was almost $500 cheaper per person. We used the money we saved and bought the dining package which we loved even more than Blu

This year we are in Concierge, but only because of what was mentioned above (we booked in Nov 2014) and we got all three (drink package, $300 obc, and tips included) and it was pretty cheap (maybe $1100 each base (before taxes, fees, and insurance). We upgraded to the premium drink package and bought the dining package and it feels like a luxury cruise for a good price.

I have only last week upgraded from 1B deck 9 on hump to an A2 on deck 11 aft for the grand sum of £124.96 or around $177.50 per cabin. On eclipse. Also kept drinks package and OBC.

I want to try Blu and Persian Garden but will eat all over the place.

Is this a bargain ?;)

I would take that upgrade, so in my opinion it is a good deal.

Keep in mind that Blu is your assigned restaurant for dinner, and although it is possible to eat in the mdr they are not expecting you and some co-ordination between matre d's is necessary.

no issues in the specialty restaurants, IN FACT, aqua is often offered a 50% discount on the first night.

I have only last week upgraded from 1B deck 9 on hump to an A2 on deck 11 aft for the grand sum of £124.96 or around $177.50 per cabin. On eclipse. Also kept drinks package and OBC.

I want to try Blu and Persian Garden but will eat all over the place.

Is this a bargain ?;)

That appears to be a good price jumping from 1B to A2. It really all comes down to what the price difference between the two categories were at the time of booking. For me there was only a $50 difference from a C2 to an A2 at the time I booked. The price difference between a 1B and A2 would have been greater so on the surface it looks like you got a good deal.

That appears to be a good price jumping from 1B to A2. It really all comes down to what the price difference between the two categories were at the time of booking. For me there was only a $50 difference from a C2 to an A2 at the time I booked. The price difference between a 1B and A2 would have been greater so on the surface it looks like you got a good deal.

The difference when we booked was $1148 - £808 this was June 2015 first time I worked that out interesting

When we book a cruise we figure out what a standard veranda will cost us at a price point we're comfortable with. As we get closer to cruise time we watch rates. If an Aqua comes within $300/cabin of our rate then we upgrade to Aqua. We much prefer Blu over MD, but have found that the UDP with a standard veranda has worked out better for us on our last two cruises.

ON S class ships we like locations of A2 (not A1)---

Usually just adults in that area- 2 to a room.

DH uses the Persian Gardens frequently- me just the tiled loungers a few times.

Blu--- mainly an adult quiet venue. All tables are for 2 (yes can be put together for larger group) I like that when we walk in-- 6-7:30 at the latest, we have never waited for a table, and dining room never crowded when we have used it. We usually just eat a few dinners in here and 1 or 2 breakfasts.

I haven't found the food to be particularly great, but perfectly ok the few times we use it.

We eat in the specialty restaurants and the buffet as well---