ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Eurodam Sail-Away January 31, 2016

Boytjie

Although I'm a newbie to the world of port webcams, all the posted screen shots of yesterday's departures from Port Everglades looked very familiar. Thanks for providing the links, Peter.

Also, last week's visit by the QM2 was most interesting along with the business of ship's horns (whistles) and one of QM2's being an original Swedish Tyfon horn from the original QM.

It seems to me that toots heard via webcams usually sound so unimpressive because they are so loud at the port that nearby webcam microphones are simply overloaded with audio, resulting in a very distorted sound. This is especially true of the Port Everglades webcam which is only a few yards from ships passing on the Stranahan River channel out to the Atlantic.

P.S. Good sailing, Peter.

David

Although I'm a newbie to the world of port webcams, all the posted screen shots of yesterday's departures from Port Everglades looked very familiar. Thanks for providing the links, Peter.

Also, last week's visit by the QM2 was most interesting along with the business of ship's horns (whistles) and one of QM2's being an original Swedish Tyfon horn from the original QM.

It seems to me that toots heard via webcams usually sound so unimpressive because they are so loud at the port that nearby webcam microphones are simply overloaded with audio, resulting in a very distorted sound. This is especially true of the Port Everglades webcam which is only a few yards from ships passing on the Stranahan River channel out to the Atlantic.

P.S. Good sailing, Peter.

David

Welcome to the sail-away addicts group, David!

And thank you. :)