Crown Running Late

karatemom2

Looks like the Crown had to overnight in Ensenada due to the terrible winds here in So Cal. My husband is a commercial fisherman and he said the conditions showing on the weather map off our coast were some of the worst he has seen. So it sounds like they made the prudent decision, but I imagine the debarkation and embarkation today are going to be a real nightmare! The Crown just left Ensenada about an hour ago which at the current speed puts them about 8 hours away, meaning an arrival in San Pedro around 3 p.m. And that could change depending on current wind and sea conditions which are still very bad. It is going to be quite an adventure for those leaving and boarding today. My DH and a group of friends are scheduled for the next cruise on the Crown leaving this Friday so we will be interested to see how it goes. Wishing everyone the best!

Wishing the best of luck to everyone leaving today or boarding!!! Yesterday's storms were pretty crazy; I'm out in the Inland Empire but we were getting flash flood warnings and had downed trees. They said in San Diego there were tornado warnings even! I'm on the sailing Friday too and I'm sure it'll be fine by then, but I hope everyone stays safe and calm today! There's nothing like bad weather to put a damper on vacation, but hopefully everyone is staying positive. For the people leaving: a couple extra hours of free food! For those boarding: it's probably best to wait out the rough waves on land as long as possible!

I feel sorry for all those travelers who will be missing their flights and connections. What a nightmare trying to make other arrangements. I imagine the internet cafe will be extremely busy. We are on her in another week, hope the weather is better.

We're one of those leaving today (I hope.) Luckily, we're local, so we don't have to wait in the parking lot or some hotel (been there, done that, didn't enjoy it all.) So far, we've heard nothing more from Princess, so I imagine it will be a very late departure. And yes, I'd rather wait than experience the rough seas, so I guess we'll just have to find some other fun way to start our vacation.

Sounds like a rough time ahead for all onboard and those arriving early at port.

GOOD NEWS....

This weekend forecast is 71 degrees and sunny for all days.

We just booked an awesome last minute balcony deal on Aloha for $ 269 pp.

We got adjoining balconies.

Will be my Mom's first cruise since my Dad passed away ( they did 62 cruises together )

This will be her first in a wheelchair.

Trying to help her enjoy what she loved doing.

I was cruising during the last El Niño set of storms. The one that missed Catalina AND Ensenada. The Captain did a fantastic job of hugging the coastline to avoid the large swells and heavy winds. Lucky Crown passengers get extra time on a very short cruise.

Good luck to all.

We live just above the port in San Pedro and I have NEVER seen it this windy before. Today it is still windy but not as bad as yesterday. - The current cruise was a charter by a local (LA) radio station so hopefully many of those passengers are local and won't have flight problems.

Passengers for today are receiving notices that embarkation will be delayed until evening - but they can drop off their luggage around noon.

Last night in San Diego, the winds were some kind of nightmare. We're a little less than half way point between Ensenada and LA.

All's well that ends well.

Maddle

Passengers for today are receiving notices that embarkation will be delayed until evening - but they can drop off their luggage around noon.

Last night in San Diego, the winds were some kind of nightmare. We're a little less than half way point between Ensenada and LA.

All's well that ends well.

Maddle

Last email update from Princess was that boarding would begin at 7:00PM tonight....that could change.....so I imagine that things are going to stay fluid for everyone involved...:)

I was cruising during the last El Niño set of storms. The one that missed Catalina AND Ensenada. The Captain did a fantastic job of hugging the coastline to avoid the large swells and heavy winds. Lucky Crown passengers get extra time on a very short cruise.

I was there. The ride was bouncy, but the captain did do a good job getting us there and back. It's probably an inconvenience for some, but that extra time on the cruise is a bonus, in my book.

Here's a link to the Crown's location & track: currently showing a speed of 12 knots & a heading of 313° going into a 36 kn headwind from the NW (305°) off the coast of Tijuana.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371317/mmsi:310500000/vessel:CROWN%20PRINCESS

Currently the ETA of arrival (0616) in San Pedro and the departure (1738) time have not been updated after the overnight in Ensenada which apparently correctly shows departure at 0844.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Last email update from Princess was that boarding would begin at 7:00PM tonight....that could change.....so I imagine that things are going to stay fluid for everyone involved...:)

Any updates about embarkation for todays cruise aboard the Crown?

Here's the latest estimated boarding time

Here's the latest estimated boarding time

UPDATE: DELAYED CHECK-IN AND EMBARKATION

Due to high winds and heavy seas, Crown Princess is now expected to arrive in Los Angeles later than previously anticipated. Check-in for your cruise will now be this evening from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM, and the ship will remain in port overnight. Guests who reside locally or prefer to embark tomorrow morning will be able to check in from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM on Tuesday morning. In recognition of any disappointment these issues may have caused, all guests will receive a one-day refund of the cruise fare paid as a refundable onboard credit. It is our hope that this credit will help offset any out-of-pocket expenses associated with your late embarkation.

UPDATE: DELAYED CHECK-IN AND EMBARKATION

Due to high winds and heavy seas, Crown Princess is now expected to arrive in Los Angeles later than previously anticipated. Check-in for your cruise will now be this evening from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM, and the ship will remain in port overnight. Guests who reside locally or prefer to embark tomorrow morning will be able to check in from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM on Tuesday morning. In recognition of any disappointment these issues may have caused, all guests will receive a one-day refund of the cruise fare paid as a refundable onboard credit. It is our hope that this credit will help offset any out-of-pocket expenses associated with your late embarkation.

Wow, that really stinks. =/

With the Crown's weather delay & the Coral's post drydock mechanical issues the Princess staff at HQ will be working late today.

Thanks 'PrincessLuver' for the update & hopefully most passengers will accept that weather conditions created this problem & will still enjoy the remainder of their cruise. As I recall reading the only thing offered on the Coral is a glass of house wine at dinner.

Based on what appears to be a current bridge cam photo & the Marine Traffic website, the Crown didn't sail as estimated at 0100 & is still docked at the LA cruise terminal...does anyone have any current info?

This live streaming webcam shows what appears to be the Crown still docked at the cruise terminal:

http://www.lawaterfront.org/multimedia.php