Caribbean Princess Out of Houston Questions

cruzysuzy

DH and I have an upcoming 7 day cruise out of Houston and am wondering about a couple of things. Maybe anyone who has sailed it recently might know.

Will the rooms be available to enter and drop off at boarding? We usually get there well before noon and board with one of the earlier groups (Platinum).

Will a dining room be available for embarkation lunch and which one? I understand we will probably be told to go to the buffet. I also understand there will be a BVE luncheon which might affect availability (though it shouldn't).

Rooms are always available to you as soon as you get on the ship....

I know there is lunch available in the MDR but not sure which one as we usually just get a snack from the buffet. We have been on the Caribbean Princess twice this season and going again on March 6th. If you are Platinum, you will breeze through security and boarding.

The crew on this ship are very good....

eclue:rolleyes:

As long as there is no issues from the prior cruise the DR is available for lunch and the cabins are ready. ;)

Due to limited BVE attendance this should not affect the DR for lunch. We do this every cruise and have never had more then a handful of passengers there anyway.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the info!

A couple of items drove my questions:

I've read lately that some Princess ships are attempting to enforce a 1:00 pm curfew on entering the rooms, going so far as to close the fire doors.

And as far as embarkation dining, I hit the wall with Star Princess (as have others according to some posts) and wanted to check on this ship.

I figured anyone who had sailed this ship/port recently might have the inside scoop.

BTW, have they added Curtis Stone dishes to the menu?

Thanks for the info!

A couple of items drove my questions:

I've read lately that some Princess ships are attempting to enforce a 1:00 pm curfew on entering the rooms, going so far as to close the fire doors.

And as far as embarkation dining, I hit the wall with Star Princess (as have others according to some posts) and wanted to check on this ship.

I figured anyone who had sailed this ship/port recently might have the inside scoop.

BTW, have they added Curtis Stone dishes to the menu?

We arrived at port on a Princess bus at 12:15 and were dropping off our carry-ons in our cabin at 12:45. The first 2 crew we asked tried to send us to the buffet, but knowing better we went to the Coral dining room on deck 6 and it was open for lunch, no trouble being admitted. We were given a choice, and shared a table with 2 other couples, one of whom we saw frequently because they were in a cabin on our little hall.

They did add the Curtis Stone dishes but I don't think I tried any. I'm not a picky eater, but a selective eater...it has to be worth it!

We had a lovely time on the CB (Jan 24 sailing), I hope you do too.

We were also on the January 24th sailing. Upon asking, we were immediately directed to the Coral dining room on Deck 6. (We did drop off our carry-ons in our cabin first.) What a great way to begin the cruise! I highly recommend the bay shrimp and avocado appetizer! We even ordered an extra to share. :)

We, too, had a fabulous cruise with no weather-related issues out of or into Houston.

The last couple of times we have sailed out of Houston, boarding started between 11:45 and 12:15.

Both times at check-in we were handed notices that the cabin may not be ready when we board.

One time it was and one time it wasn't. The time it was not ready, we still could drop off our carryons and then go to lunch in the dining room on deck 6 near the atrium.

We arrived at port on a Princess bus at 12:15 and were dropping off our carry-ons in our cabin at 12:45. The first 2 crew we asked tried to send us to the buffet, but knowing better we went to the Coral dining room on deck 6 and it was open for lunch, no trouble being admitted. We were given a choice, and shared a table with 2 other couples, one of whom we saw frequently because they were in a cabin on our little hall.

They did add the Curtis Stone dishes but I don't think I tried any. I'm not a picky eater, but a selective eater...it has to be worth it!

We had a lovely time on the CB (Jan 24 sailing), I hope you do too.

We were on the January 24 sailing also. Loved it. We ate lunch in the Coral dining room after boarding and it was delicious. One of the best meals I've had in a dining room in a long time. Since we had such a good time we booked the CB again for April 10; and we'll eat in the Coral dining room again!

I've read lately that some Princess ships are attempting to enforce a 1:00 pm curfew on entering the rooms, going so far as to close the fire doors. Not so much attempting to enforce. It is more likely that the cabins aren't ready and they close the doors so the stewards can finish in peace. Our most recent 3 cruises, the cabins weren't ready but they didn't close the fire doors. We got a warning note at check-in about the issue. After boarding, we went to our cabin and dropped off our carry-ons and went to lunch.

And as far as embarkation dining, I hit the wall with Star Princess (as have others according to some posts) and wanted to check on this ship. You will get an email just before the cruise that focuses on dining. It states that the MDR is open for lunch with the hours. Print it out and carry it with you. If the Maitre D' tries to keep you, wave the email at him. If that doesn't work, complain at PAX services.

See above.;)

We just got off CB out of Houston! Very good cruise. Only negative was rain and winds in Cozumel. Which "closed" the beaches. We loved our mini suite. Enjoyed both comedians and musical shows. Liked Billy Panko in Crooners. I'll definitiely sail CB again. Perfect weather in Houston.

We were on the Regal sailing out of port everglades last Sunday. We were told we cannot got to our staterooms until 1 pm. They were controlling the elevators per usual and would only go to the lido deck. On the elevator I asked the crew member if any MDR was open for lunch. I got the usual lie that only the food on the lido was open. We were two decks down from the lido so we walked down the stairs and put our baggage in our stateroom then went down to the fiesta deck and the MDR which was open per usual. I learned a long time ago to ignore them.

We will be on the CB in three weeks so glad to hear that the cruise was uneventful outside the weather in Cozumel. Just looked at the port cam and ship cam. Looks like the ship left on time again. I hope they have a great cruise.

Did b2b on Jan 17and Jan 24. Coral dining room open until 1pm for lunch don't miss it, as has been said you need the shrimp with avacado. Curtis Stone menu items avail every night in MDR. Mahi-Mahi was wonderful, pork loin was excellent, and flank steak was acceptable.. Rooms were avail as soon ás we boarded and we were on early on the first cruise and earlier on the second. Please spend some time at crooners bar and get to know the two best bartenders on board, Kelvin and Donny.

On the elevator I asked the crew member if any MDR was open for lunch. I got the usual lie that only the food on the lido was open.

Do not assume it was a lie. It most likely was from not knowing the truth.

I have been on a Princess ship where even the Cruise Director did not know that a dining room was open on embarkation day. He was very surprised when I told him it was.

Staff may know what goes on in their area of responsibility, but have no idea what happens in other departments.