Early Saver - past Final Payment.... SOL???

Riemercruisin

I have a question. We're in a specific balcony cabin and we're Early Saver past final payment.

Now the More = Merrier guaranteed BL is much lower.

I thought we could switch to that rate ONE time only?

But now Carnival is telling me that this is a downgrade and cannot be done.

What is your experience?

I have a question. We're in a specific balcony cabin and we're Early Saver past final payment.

What is your experience?

You should be able to switch. Early Saver fares give you price reductions up until 2-3 days prior to sailing.

What kind of balcony are you in now? If they are telling you "downgrade", that would mean you are possibly in an AFT wrap, or something "higher" than the promotion is running. Otherwise, you should be able to switch.

Keep us posted.

I am interested to hear the outcome of this.

Thanks!

What is your experience?

ES rules state that you cannot downgrade in cabin class. Guarantee is a downgrade (theoretically) from a selected cabin.

ES rules state that you cannot downgrade in cabin class. Guarantee is a downgrade (theoretically) from a selected cabin.

I agree that this is the correct answer. Problem is, on our last cruise several people...or should I say most, on our roll call, were able to price match to a Guarantee room. Not only just once but they kept doing it.

I guess it all depends on who you call.

Hopefully, they have started to enforce what their policy states.

I've been allowed to go to a guaranteed rate while booked ES even AFTER final payment. My PVP said they have a one-time allowance to do this, however, I couldn't take advantage of any other price drops until AFTER my cabin had been assigned.

OP, you also mentioned you were in a specific cabin...if you switch to a guarantee, you give that cabin up. I'm sure you know that though :).

Many times they will let you switch one time to a guarantee, but usually that guarantee is for something higher. For example in your case, you say you are in a specific balcony cabin, they would probably let you switch to a suite guarantee. If you had been in an ocean view they would probably let up switch to a balcony guarantee. So what is the cost for a suite guarantee? Maybe that might work.

You should be able to switch. Early Saver fares give you price reductions up until 2-3 days prior to sailing.

What kind of balcony are you in now? If they are telling you "downgrade", that would mean you are possibly in an AFT wrap, or something "higher" than the promotion is running. Otherwise, you should be able to switch.

Keep us posted.

I am interested to hear the outcome of this.

Thanks!

AFT wrap is a Suite (AKA Vista Suite), not a Balcony.;)

What is your experience?

You should be able to switch. Unfortunately not all Carnival reps know what they are doing, so many times you need to call multiple times to get the right answer. Seriously, just call back and ask the new person if it is possible. Chances are they will allow you to switch with no problem. Just keep trying until it works.

Only on Spirit Class ships. Other ships it is listed as a Premium Vista Balcony.

:eek:Oops! I had no idea. I'm so sorry, KPfromCT.:o My mistake. I'm still learning new things on CC everyday.

So is the Premium Vista Balcony the same size and layout as a Vista Suite?

:eek:Oops! I had no idea. I'm so sorry, KPfromCT.:o My mistake. I'm still learning new things on CC everyday.

So is the Premium Vista Balcony the same size and layout as a Vista Suite?

No, Vista suites are actual suites with more than one room. Vista balconies are just one room, and from the pictures I have seen, not all that large. Probably the same sq footage as regular balconies, just laid out differently.

No, Vista suites are actual suites with more than one room. Vista balconies are just one room, and from the pictures I have seen, not all that large. Probably the same sq footage as regular balconies, just laid out differently.

Oh, OK, thanks. That makes sense then, that they aren't categorized as Suites. I have stayed in a Vista Suite on Pride (LOVED it!), and in all my research before booking that one, I never saw anything that said AFT wraps were ever anything but Vista Suites.:o I feel dumb trying to correct what I thought was a mistake made by another (again, sorry, KP), just to find out it is I who is mistaken.:o Thanks, y'all, for setting me straight and educating me.:)

Another reason to have a good PVP. You get to skip dealing with random Carnival reps with varying experience. As others have stated you should be able to do a one time change to that rate unless some other special circumstance is preventing them from doing it.

What he said lol:)

What is your experience?

That type would be considered a downgrade which is not allowed. Upgrades yes, laterals yes. Price protection rules state same category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk