Age ranges

Seeya2352

Going on Regal in a few weeks, what's the average age range of the passengers? We're early 50s, curious if it's primarily retired folks, or a little of everything.

We saw every age from babies to seniors on the Regal last week. You will fit in there somewhere....we did. Have a great cruise on a beautiful ship.

We are 63 and 64. We fit in the "middle range" of passengers on the Princess cruises we have taken. Some younger, some older. Many in our general age range. My son cruised with us a couple of times in his late 30's and found "a few" people in his age range. Of course the cruises were 10 day (San Francisco/Alaska round trip) and 15 day (San Francisco/Hawaii round trip) and most younger cruisers tend to take shorter cruises.

Going on Regal in a few weeks, what's the average age range of the passengers? We're early 50s, curious if it's primarily retired folks, or a little of everything.

There will be people in their 50's. I would say majority of people are in their 50's and 60's. There will be some older and younger. Caribbean attracts all ages. As someone else said, the longer the cruise the older the passengers.

We are 63 and 64. We fit in the "middle range" of passengers on the Princess cruises we have taken. Some younger, some older. Many in our general age range. My son cruised with us a couple of times in his late 30's and found "a few" people in his age range. Of course the cruises were 10 day (San Francisco/Alaska round trip) and 15 day (San Francisco/Hawaii round trip) and most younger cruisers tend to take shorter cruises.

Hmmm I am sure you told us 29 during the PSE lounge! :rolleyes:

A few weeks will bring you into Spring Break time. This means a somewhat younger crowd.

Still Princess is not known for rowdy crowds of young folks. Likely you will find a reasonable number of tweens to college age....and then many in your age range.

Longer cruises (10+ days) mean an older crowd and fewer youths.

Hmmm I am sure you told us 29 during the PSE lounge! :rolleyes:

Ahhh... Um....

I guess the gray beard and lack of hair on top didn't give me away after all!

As for you... I just assumed that your lovely wife had married a MUCH older man. :D

From Presidents day in February to the week after Easter you will find many multi-generational families on a week long break that ties into their school break. Seems like different areas of the country have different breaks.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your perspective) Princess is not a college spring break destination. Unless the spring breakers are traveling with parents or grand parents.

One year our cruise was over super bowl week. Our oldest was in pre-school and there were about 12 kids on the ship in her age range for the kids club.

We were on the Regal two weeks ago and I saw maybe 10 kids or so all with their families. I saw several grandparents with their adult children and grandkids. Grandparents watched them while parents were off doing something else. Princess attracts an older crowd but not extremely elderly.

Depends on the ship, itinerary, length of the cruise and time of the year. Same for any other cruise line. A short cruise of seven days or less when kids are out of school will have a much younger passenger average age. A two-week cruise when kids are in school will have a much older passenger average age. A cruise on an older and smaller ship will have an older passenger average age; a cruise on a new, large ship will have a younger passenger average age. Common sense.

Age is just a number. I know 60-year olds who act like their 80 and I know 80 year olds who are super active and act like they're in their 60's.

Edited by Pam in CA