Best place on Equinox to get (FREE) Breakfast in the morning

sprocket_007

Hi All

I'm new to cruising and want to know where is the best place on the Equinox to get (FREE) Breakfast in the morning are there any hidden gems and what time are they served from and till?

I know there is always the option of room service. :rolleyes:

We're not early risers, but we make an effort to eat breakfast in the MDR one or two mornings during our cruises. It's a nice treat, but you have to be there before 9:00.

We enjoy the OceanView (buffet) other mornings. It's laid out really well, with stations for American, English and continental breakfast. Make sure you try the Belgian waffles and blueberry blintzes. Fill your plate and then order your eggs and toast at the omelette station. Not that hungry - choose from yogurt, hot and cold cereal and fruit. The pastries are delicious, don't miss the donuts. There are beverage stations where you can help yourself to coffee, tea, cocoa, juice. Waiters bring coffee/ juice to your table if your patient. You can also take your plate outdoors to watch the wake while you eat breakfast.

Edited by Marelaine

We're not early risers, but we make an effort to eat breakfast in the MDR one or two mornings during our cruises. It's a nice treat, but you have to be there before 9:00.

We enjoy the OceanView (buffet) other mornings. It's laid out really well, with stations for American, English and continental breakfast. Make sure you try the Belgian waffles and blueberry blintzes. Fill your plate and then order your eggs and toast at the omelette station. Not that hungry - choose from yogurt, hot and cold cereal and fruit. The pastries are delicious, don't miss the donuts. There are beverage stations where you can help yourself to coffee, tea, cocoa, juice. Waiters bring coffee/ juice to your table if your patient. You can also take your plate outdoors to watch the wake while you eat breakfast.

I also think the S class buffets are laid out perfectly but its still a buffet so the MDR is to us the best as we prefer to chill with a cup of coffee and a mimosa, order and have someone bring us our breakfast rather than stand in line picking our breakfast but to each their own cause if some didn't like the buffet the MDR would be too crowded ....we also love X's room service breakfast on the balcony, even if we only order pastries and coffee and not a full breakfast its awesome to use as a wake up call, they call and 5 minutes later my pot of coffee arrives, just enough time to get up and put a robe on....its one of our favorite things about cruising, especially on X

Hi All

I'm new to cruising and want to know where is the best place on the Equinox to get (FREE) Breakfast in the morning are there any hidden gems and what time are they served from and till?

MDR for us...

Try the waffles in the buffet, really good but make sure you get them off the grill. MDR is great for a nice quiet sit down breakfast, buffet is what you want if you want a great variety.

Also, you didn't mention what cabin type you are in, if in a suite you may eat in Luminae which is restaurant for suite passengers or in Blu the Aqua Class restaurant. If in an Aqua Class cabin, you may eat in Blu in addition to any of the other restaurants mentioned.

You can also get some nice pastries for free at Café alBacio.

Edited by dkjretired

If you book a suite or Aqua Class you have a couple other full-service options.

Cafe' al Bacio is the "coffee shop" option. Great teas too, and all the pastries are complimentary. Actually they have some very GOOD options like that. No protein items, however.

We always order room service on our port days. Saves all the going back and forth in the morning when we're trying to get off the ship. Whatever the menu says (depending on your cabin category) they can pretty much get you what you want. Unless it's something crazy, just write in what you'd like to have.

I always like a bowl of fresh berries and a side of yogurt and a side of granola. Easy to get. My husband likes a ham and cheese omelet. Easy too. Fun to have breakfast on the balcony or in your room when pulling into port.

Have a great time!!

Actually, I don't think there are any extra charge venues open for breakfast, although you may find a few extra charge items on the breakfast menu.

Bistro on Five used to be open for breakfast, but apparently that is no longer the case. The Porch was as well, on Silhouette and Reflection, but again, no longer. I can't say I'm surprised that neither of these were money makers - there are SO many options in the buffet, plus MDR and Aqua Spa, that it seems silly to pay for anything else.

BTW, Blu and Luminae are open for breakfast if you are in Aqua Class or a suite. However, we sailed AQ on our last cruise and were thoroughly unimpressed with breakfast in Blu (though we loved it for dinner). To each her own, I guess!

Hi! We have never done late seating but are seriously considering it since I have heard some horror stories about Celebrity Select dining and prefer to eat alone with my husband nightly and have the same wait staff each night. My question is, what time would the show begin for us? Would it be before or after our meal? Thanks for the help!

Love either room service , eating breakfast on the balcony, or the Oceanview buffet. We do the room service when we have a early tour off ship. I get the waffles, bacon, fruit and oj. Take it out to the outside seating area at the aft of ship. I love eating breakfast outside. MDR is ok but nothing like feelnig the sun, sea breeze and listening to the sound of the birds in port.

Also tget a cappucino and pastry to go , early morning from the Cafe Bacio to take back to room or balcony before breakfast.:)

Edited by Azulann

We typically eat fairly early - around 7:30 - and loved grabbing whatever we felt like at the Oceanview Cafe (Equinox) and eating outside on the aft deck. It was always quiet at that time and we could get anything from eggs benedict to oatmeal to just pastry and fresh fruit with no waiting, plus fresh OJ and cappuccinos at the bar or from a server. There's something awesome about having breakfast outside in winter... at least for us New Englanders. We were amazed at the reliable quality of poached eggs in a buffet setting... I can't even make decent poached eggs at home. I'd order eggs bennie or just poached eggs on toast and voila, perfect eggs in less than a minute. Eaten outside in the sun in January. I so love Equinox...

Hi All

If you're in Aqua Class, the Blu will be open for breakfast until 9:00. The food is excellent, and I highly recommend the Mango Madness smoothie.

MDR is great, & I really enjoyed the English breakfast selection on the buffet.

Whatever you choose, I'm confident that you will not be disappointed.:)

We were on the Equinox last April and found the breakfast in the MDR disappointing. So, we enjoyed breakfast in the Oceanview Café and generally were able to find tables on the deck by the bar. The breakfast selections were very good and eating outside was a treat! To make breakfast even better, we swung by Café al Bacio to pick up pastries/croissants/muffins and lattes - and brought them with us.

Hi! We have never done late seating but are seriously considering it since I have heard some horror stories about Celebrity Select dining and prefer to eat alone with my husband nightly and have the same wait staff each night. My question is, what time would the show begin for us? Would it be before or after our meal? Thanks for the help!

Shows for late dining are around 7 pm. Not sure of the exact time but they are before dinner.

Cheers,

JoAnne

I am New on celebrity equinox can some One tell me what is mdr for breakfast.

is drink complimentair or must you pay for drink extra.

MDR is the main dining room. Coffee, juice, water are complimentary. Fresh squeezed OJ and anything with alcohol in it would be charged to your seapass acct.