For those who have stayed below the buffet

atdahop

I've been on the Royal beneath the Horizon Court and it was awful, awful, awful. The noise started every single night at 3:30am and went on for hours as the buffet was set up and prepped. I'll never, ever book a cabin below Lido deck again unless it's under cabins.

I was thinking 724 or 726...I think that is below Cafe Caribe. What about 702?

We have never had any issues in the 700's, mostly carpeted above. I would stay as far aft as possible.

Great location. Out the aft door to the Terrace Pool and 1 deck up to the bar and HC. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I would avoid rooms 618-625.

These rooms are under the entrance to the buffet where the floors are tiled instead of carpet. They ran carts over that area ALL NIGHT LONG!

Also, there was a door across from our rooms that you could hear them washing dishes ALL NIGHT LONG! Drove us crazy.

We haven't had a problem with any of the other rooms under the eating area. Quiet and close to the action.

I found our Riviera aft cabin to be generally quiet. I had a midship Riviera balcony that started with noise about 4 am and continued till I finally got up at 6am. Never booked another Riviera cabin. Having said that I took an upsell to a suite midship Riviera on my cruise in a few weeks. I am prepared for noise this time so I should be ok. :D

Just got off Crown the other day - had R629. Only heard 3 thuds in 4 days in the cabin, but often heard noises from above while sitting on the balcony. It wasn't disturbing though. I believe the cabin interior sits under the tables in the Horizon Court, and the walkway up there was over the balcony.

It's so awful we have about 600 days in that location on Grand Class ships. :rolleyes:

We do hear occasional noise, but only if we're already awake. The biggest issue we currently have in that location (on the Emerald Princess) is the slamming of cabins doors around us and that can happen in any location on the ship.

I consider myself very noise sensitive and always travel with ear plugs. I've only used them a couple of times.