Ecstasy upsell offer

MURCOTT

Just got the offer to move from a Grand Suite to the Owners Suite for "only" $2,542.00! Although I appreciate the offer and the suite is definitely fabulous, I turned it down in a quick blink. Maybe someday....:rolleyes:

The owners suite is a nice size cabin but for that additional price they've got to be crazy! How long is the cruise?

The cruise is for 7 nights in March.

Jeez! That's absurd, idk why they would even waste their time making that phone call. You could take at least 1, if not 2 more cruises for that price!

True. There are 3 of us now in a Grand Suite so we have plenty of room. The Carnival rep. was actually trying to convince me that it was a good deal at "only" a little over $800 each. She said the suite was 920 sq. ft. and the Grand Suite was only 330 sq. ft. That is more than enough room for us. No thanks.:)

• 4 weeks later...

That happened to us a few years ago when we were booked in the Grand Suite. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was outrageous. You can look it up on Youtube. There are videos of the suite there. They are nice, but we had five people in the Grand Suite and had plenty of room.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see the Owner's Suite as an option on fishy-fishy. If it's a 2-bedroom unit, could be a good option for my brother and our wives to all be in the same suite. We know that is possible on the larger ships but haven't seen anything similar for this smaller ship. My brother lives in Charleston so... only option is Ecstasy (investigating 2 separate suites at this point).

Edited by ndabunka

I don't see the Owner's Suite as an option on fishy-fishy. If it's a 2-bedroom unit, could be a good option for my brother and our wives to all be in the same suite. We know that is possible on the larger ships but haven't seen anything similar for this smaller ship. My brother lives in Charleston so... only option is Ecstasy (investigating 2 separate suites at this point).

I don't think you can book it directly. Most times I have seen someone get an offer they were in a Grand Suite and could upgrade for between $1500 to $2500 more. You could book two GS and take your chances.