Shuttle from Pan American pier into Old San Juan

nursemom2

We are on the Brilliance Trans Atlantic April 26th, and our ship is slated to dock in the Pan American port for the day. Does anyone know if they will provide a shuttle into town, or will we have to book a taxi. Taxi prices?

You will likely have to use a taxi. The cost should be minimal, maybe $10 to $15. San Juan is on a zone system for taxis, and it should be a flat rate, plus extra for each bag.

We are on the Brilliance Trans Atlantic April 26th, and our ship is slated to dock in the Pan American port for the day. Does anyone know if they will provide a shuttle into town, or will we have to book a taxi. Taxi prices?

Since PanAm pier is used primarily for embarkation and debarkation I am surprised that they are docking there for the day. When PR is a day stop they usually dock downtown.

Since PanAm pier is used primarily for embarkation and debarkation I am surprised that they are docking there for the day. When PR is a day stop they usually dock downtown.

Good catch, you're absolutely right. They will dock in OSJ. I somehow read that it was a B2B.

Have you had it confirmed that you will be at the Pan American Port? I had thought that RCI, unlike Celebrity, had started having all ships 'in-transit' dock at the port in Old San Juan.

RCI ships with embarkation on 'turn-around' sailings do so at Pan American Port.

Replenishment?

Edited by 138east

That is odd. Why would they dock out there - everyone then has to get transportation into Old San Juan? They always dock downtown on a day visit...:confused:

I think Carol made a good point, provisioning could very well be the answer. Or, the OSJ piers are all taken that day.

EDIT: Cruisett just shows Brilliance and Maasdam in San Juan that day, so I don't think it's because all the piers are being used.

Edited by clarea

• 4 months later...

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question! Taxi it is!!

nursemom2--can you confirm that you definitely docked at Pan American Pier? If so, can you tell me how much the taxi cost and how many the taxi will hold? We have a party of 6 and I'm wondering if I need to budget for 2 taxis. Were there many taxis waiting outside the pier?

I am told by Royal Caribbean that Freedom of Seas will dock there when we stop in San Juan on January 2, 2017.

Thanks. Do you recall how much they were for the vans that will hold 6?

Go to the site below for the San Juan taxi rate between the different zones. Rates are for up to 5 passengers so there is an extra $2 for having six. Pan Am pier is in Isla Grande.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

Edited by robtulipe

Well, now this has me wondering where we will dock in November on Freedom! How do you find this out? I hope I don't have to rely on calling RC as they will possibly (and by possibly, I mean probably) give the wrong info.:eek:

Well, now this has me wondering where we will dock in November on Freedom! How do you find this out? I hope I don't have to rely on calling RC as they will possibly (and by possibly, I mean probably) give the wrong info.:eek:

Normally cruises that dock there for a matter of hours on a day go into OSJ.

Normally the only ships at PanAmerican are the ones embarking/disembarking there.

Peachy I emailed Royal Caribbean. I know the info might not be correct, but I can make a plan and budget for having to taxi over from the Pan American Pier....it will be a nice surprise if we end up on the Old San Juan side instead :)

I have tried to find a website that would tell me what pier at the port ships are scheduled for but I have not been able to find one. I can only find ones that will list how many and which ships will be in port(http://ports.cruisett.com/), but not their specific pier. If anyone knows of a website that posts the schedule for specific piers, I would love to have it.

Normally cruises that dock there for a matter of hours on a day go into OSJ.

Normally the only ships at PanAmerican are the ones embarking/disembarking there.

Thanks, I am aware of this. This lady says her ship was docking at the Pam Am pier for a day visit, not embarkation/disembarkation.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question! Taxi it is!!

Hi,

We did Brilliance (Tampa to Barcelona) in April. Embarked third day of cruise in Old San Juan as we were already staying there. Our cruise confirmation said Pan American Pier. Day before embarking a dinner mate on CC (already on Brilliance) said it was announced ship was docking at OSJ. We asked our TA to double check with RC - the person said it was OSJ but we could also watch as it went by to see where it went!! Lovely.

We decided to go Old San Juan - thank goodness Brilliance was there. Many thanks to our CC friend who emailed us with right info.

So RC may most likely dock in OSJ.

Hi,

We did Brilliance (Tampa to Barcelona) in April. Embarked third day of cruise in Old San Juan as we were already staying there. Our cruise confirmation said Pan American Pier. Day before embarking a dinner mate on CC (already on Brilliance) said it was announced ship was docking at OSJ. We asked our TA to double check with RC - the person said it was OSJ but we could also watch as it went by to see where it went!! Lovely.

We decided to go Old San Juan - thank goodness Brilliance was there. Many thanks to our CC friend who emailed us with right info.

So RC may most likely dock in OSJ.

Wow. Glad I am not embarking there. :eek: