Tea time

golfb4cruzing

Sorry, IPhone,should have proofread. I listened.....is there tea time on Carnival? Did not pull up on FAQs.

Yes, we've had tea time on our last two cruises with Carnival. It's a great, relaxing time...though you'll hear some complain about the $1.95 for a cup with the larger tea bags :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Dare2Believe

Teatime is held on seadays - 3 pm - check the Funtimes

Tea and yummy sandwiches and cakes/cookies, etc.

It is free if you choose the 'included' teas such as lipton regular, decaf or green tea - otherwise a charge for fancier flavored teas ($1.95) or you can bring your own teabag if you prefer :)

Edited by Froufie

That was one thing I used to love on Carnival was tea at 3 on sea days, but the last one I went to on our last cruise, the snackie cakes were fine, but there was only a choice of two teas. Now I know Carnival has gone real cheap, charging for a bag of Bigelow. They should be ashamed! But knowing what I had been presented last time, I figured I would bring my own tea on my next cruise. I just hope I don't have to start cooking my own meals, and bringing my own food.:rolleyes:

This was what was posted in an earlier thread

FYI. Effective immediately, The Lido Restaurant will continue to offer the following hot tea to guests at no charge:

• Lipton Hot Tea

• Lipton Decaf Hot Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

All other hot teas (specialty blends from the Art of Tea),will be a $1.95 charge in the dining rooms, steak house, coffee shops, and other specialty restaurants.

So the Art of Tea blends are supposedly the for cost teas.

Here is what JH said;

Per JH..........

Here is what is included for no charge at all and is 100% included in the price of the cruise:

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

Also included at no charge are:

A selection of a dozen different fresh cream cakes and pastries

Chocolate treats

Finger sandwiches - no crust

Cookies

Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

Hope all this helps

Ok - I am usually a Carnival fan, but am sad to see them making what can only be deemed a cutback in getting rid of the Earl Gray and other "flavored" teas they have been carrying. I am perfectly fine drinking Lipton, but this seems like a silly change to me. They are turning into the SBux of the seas! And while I get it with coffee and the big frothing machines and the millions of different types of mixers from mocha to caramel to white chocolate plus whipped cream and various toppings, there is a universe of difference between a cup of coffee and one of these concoctions. But tea? Really? All it takes is some hot water. - and I do all the work not some mixologist.

Ok I will get off my soap box now an attempt to help answer the OP. Basically, you can go to tea anytime any sea day within the hour block from 3-4, leaving yourself enough time to enjoy. You generally sit at the larger tables and have a chance to chat with other cruisers. There are usually 2 finger sandwiches offered - cucumber and smoked salmon. Then they serve several sweet treats, a scone with sweet cream, a chocolate macaroon, a chocolate cake, a fruit tart, and often one other cake. If you are not a tea drinker you can get coffee simply by asking. And if you like your tea with cream, just ask. Its a nice way to pass 20-30 min, enjoy and have a light snack.

A few years ago the Tea Time on Inspiration was in a small venue, can't remember the lounge name, it was very intimate. Last month on Glory, it was held in the dining room. I still like Tea Time wherever they decide to serve it.

Its a must do for me on a cruise.

I saw that video today as well. I just wonder if that's lemon zest in those bags. I mean, how else would tea have a lemon flavor?

Anyway, back to the tea time - I've only done tea a few times simply because I forget about it, but have always enjoyed it. I'm not a tea expert, so the different varieties don't mean much to me - I go for the treats. It's a nice break in the day from all the noisier activities.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done tea time yet as we've always managed to forget about it! Wife is cruising with a girlfriend aboard the Victory next month and that is one of the things they are planning on doing for certain. In October my wife, our daughter and myself will be on the Victory and we're planning to make certain we do tea time then as well.

I guess I will have the regular tea...so I can have those delicious crème cakes with strawberries, and all the other luscious tidbits. I would prefer Earl Gray or Constant Comment, but I will make do. But so funny because I would think all the cakes and little sandwiches costs more than the tea bags!

Edited by Florings

We have been to nearly every tea time on all of our 24 cruises. There's no cost but recently Carnival dropped the "flavored" tea bag options on the ship unless u wanna pay $1.95 for gourmet tea choices. Tea time is always a nice relaxing break with very good pastries,cakes and "finger sandwiches" that u won't see on any menu or buffet. Just an FYI, we have been on John H bloggers cruise and the "spread" that John arranges for the bloggers cruise tea time is much larger, much much NICER than the regular tea times! You will b disappointed if u go to tea time expecting the huge selection seen on JH,s blog.