Wine Package question

T8NCruise

On the Holland website I see only a truncated list of wines that are in teh packages. A few wines listed with .... after. I can not find how to/where to click to see the full choice. Can anyone give me a link that shows all the choices?

Thank you

I don't know how to get an expanded list either, but what is actually available on the ship probably wouldn't match anyway. I suggest you wait until you are on the ship to look over the actual lists, choose the package that suits you best, and purchase from your wine steward.

On the Holland website I see only a truncated list of wines that are in teh packages. A few wines listed with .... after. I can not find how to/where to click to see the full choice. Can anyone give me a link that shows all the choices?

Thank you

Welcome to CC. Here is the list that I compiled before the list became truncated:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Beverage-Packages-for-Stateroom.pdf

Here is the complete list.

I am not opposed to markup on wine, after all it has to be shipped (from Seattle via container ship to whatever port the ship uses to stock supplies) and the ship has to store it. Wines are marked up, fact of life. It is what you personally think you want to pay.

I included some retail pricing I found for each of these wines (USD) just so you can see what you are buying on average.

Piedra Negra Torrontes, retails for about $11.00

Danzante Pinot Grigio and Moscato, retails for about $10.99

Caliterra Chardonnay, retails for about $9.99

Dreaming Tree Chardonnay, retails for about $9.99

Greystone Sauvignon Blanc, retails for about $13.99

Puerto Viejo Carmenere, retails for about $10.00

Frescobaldi Remole, retails for about $11.99

Chateau des Trois Tours Brodeaux, retails for about $10.99

Deakin Estate Shiraz and Pinot Noir, retails for about $9.99

Los Riscos Merlot, retails for about $8.99

Tapena Tempranillo, retails for about $8.99

Toro de Piedra Cabernet Sauvignon, retails for about $9.99

Yes, these wines have been associated with the Admiral's package in the past. They run between $10-15 retail USD.

Tangley Oaks Chardonnay, California

Grace Lane Riesling, Washington

Estancia Pinot Grigio, California

Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand

Franciscan Equilibrium White Blend, California

Domaine Les Salices Chardonnay, France

Hayman & Hill Chardonnay, California

Spellbound Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Wente Sandstone Merlot, California

Estancia Pinot Noir California

Frescobaldi Castiglioni Chianti, Italy

Decero Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina

Cuarto Uominio Lote 44 Malbec, Argentina

Wente Beyer Ranch Zinfandel, California

I also tried to see the entire lists -- no can do. Don't know why HAL has changed the way they show the wines in the packages and then gives those "..." and you can't see any more.

We have bought the Navigator package one time -- I went prepared with the list that I had then. When we got on the ship, a couple of the wines were not available.

A couple of years ago we bought the Admirals package -- better wines but there were changes from the list I had.

You should wait until you are on the ship to check the various packages as HAL does change the wines in the packages from time to time.

I have seen mention somewhere that the wine package must be purchased by all guests in a stateroom. Is that actually the case? I can't seem to find anywhere on the HAL documentation which states that to be the case but am happy if somebody can direct me to somewhere on HAL's website where it's clearly stated.

I have seen mention somewhere that the wine package must be purchased by all guests in a stateroom. Is that actually the case? I can't seem to find anywhere on the HAL documentation which states that to be the case but am happy if somebody can direct me to somewhere on HAL's website where it's clearly stated.

The wine package is not some "unlimited wine" package but merely purchasing a package of 3 or 5 (or 7?) bottles of wine, so it makes no sense that everyone should buy it. (Should everyone one in the cabin buy 3 bottles of wine?! Nope!)

Thanks for the lists of packages and single bottle - it appears that our favorite wine is only available on the Admirals List and that's not in a brand we like best. But comparing the $$ it seems it will be cheaper to buy bottles of our favorite wine individually. (like it saves us around $11 a bottle to get the brand we like best) :D

• 7 months later...

We are traveling with another couple on the Eurodam Oct.21. We all went on a river cruise together and did not purchase the wine package ahead of time. It turned out to be a good decision because the package was offered on the first day for half price. This is our third cruise with Holland America and I do not ever remembering them doing that. Is there such a practice? If you wait to purchase the wine package until you are on board, where do you go to take care of that?

We are traveling with another couple on the Eurodam Oct.21. We all went on a river cruise together and did not purchase the wine package ahead of time. It turned out to be a good decision because the package was offered on the first day for half price. This is our third cruise with Holland America and I do not ever remembering them doing that. Is there such a practice? If you wait to purchase the wine package until you are on board, where do you go to take care of that?

I can't recall ever seeing a first day special on the packages.

You can order your wine package from any wine steward including yours in the M.D.R. Also, there is usually a table set up of different wine functions, including the wine packages where you can see what wines are available and order. The table is usually outside of the Lido if memory serves me correctly.

You just sign and charge to your onboard account, like everything else ;)

Wine packages are discounted as a perk for status: three star mariners get 25% off the wine package, and four/five star mariners get 50% off. With either discount, you will pay an additional 15% of the ORIGINAL package price for the "bar service charge". Still, this brings the price down significantly if you've cruised enough.

I see on the website that mariner discounts do not apply to the wine packages that include the pinnacle dinners and wine tastings. Also, what is the difference between single the 11+ day package and the double 11+ day package. They both only have 5 wines I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see on the website that mariner discounts do not apply to the wine packages that include the pinnacle dinners and wine tastings. Also, what is the difference between single the 11+ day package and the double 11+ day package. They both only have 5 wines I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The single package is for one person and the double package is for two people. And you are correct, Mariner discounts do not apply. If you are a 3 or 4* Mariner, IMO it is better value to book the different things separately rather than take the package. Easy to do the math :)