All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

16 hours ago, MJC said:

This swimsuit from Lands End that I bought earlier in the season is now on sale:

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-slender-carmela-underwire-one-piece-swimsuit-with-tummy-control-print/id_330353_59:2136?sku_0=::C5K

There is also a cute leopard print that would be great for ICE.

That’s an awesome suit! At a great price & an additional 40% off for signing up for email!!!  Melody

I'm back and just got caught up on this thread.  I'm glad to read Laurie's medical is resolving without issue, and it's cool how Anita's kitty is getting a friend for the week. 

The baby shower invitations were adorable and I like the diaper raffle - I've seen the book in lieu of card before (and think that's a great idea), but hadn't seen the diaper raffle before.  It's a nice way to bless the parents and be a different type of game for those who don't like some of the other games.  At my shower (19 years ago!) we had everyone address an envelope (for thank you cards) and then drew throughout the party as door prizes.  It helped me collect addresses and get the cards out sooner, plus most of my family didn't like traditional games.

I recently saw something about color theory and tones/undertones and it did focus on all skin colors.  A friend sells LipSence and I am amazed at how different the same color looks on different skin tones.

We finally broke the heat wave yesterday.  Even when we were in Niagara, ON while the temps were lower the sun was oppressive.  I did borrow a page from several of the tourists and used an umbrella as a parasol - even my 14yo son wanted to climb under with me to find some shade 😉 Next time I think I will be out in the sun I will try to have a thin pashmina/scarf for protection since there were several times the umbrella wasn't practical.

The Falls were amazing - both sides - and it was nice to get away again as a family before daughter heads to school.  The Bible Bowl competition the week before was really good too - so proud of all the students who attended 🙂 Daughter received a character scholarship, placed first in the written portions (son was in the top 10), and the team she and her brother were on placed 2nd overall.  They both made top 10 for the other individual portion.  We discovered that 2 other girls Katherine has competed against the last 7 years will also be at the same college, one even in the Honors college with her.  It's nice to know she will have some more familiar faces.

• Like 1

Here are my favorites from the first fall Coldwater Creek catalog I've gotten.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/shirts-and-blouses/long-sleeve-and-3%2F4-sleeve/sense-of-wonder-tunic/165540285125.html

I like these in both Copper and Beechnut.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/jeans/view-all/knit-denim-pull-on-slim-leg-jeans/12113.html

I can't wear skirts like this, but I love the colors.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/skirts/crinkle-cotton-reversible-skirt/16569.html

This would be nice for layering in the fall.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/shirts-and-blouses/long-sleeve-and-3%2F4-sleeve/faux-suede-big-shirt/14723.html

I love this, but I'm not sure when I would wear it. It seems more spring-like. I'm not one for hoods, but then again, my favorite travel sweater has a hood and it's great for sleeping on the plane. I think it looks lighter online, IDK.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/knit-tops-and-tees/long-sleeve-and-3%2F4-sleeve/colorwashed-fleece-hooded-swing-cardigan/16613.html

Blue, natch.

https://www.coldwatercreek.com/knit-tops-and-tees/long-sleeve-and-3%2F4-sleeve/among-the-leaves-tee/16612.html

I used to shop in the CC store all the time, when they had a decent selection of career-wear and I could try things on. Since they've gone online-only, the reviews seem all over the place and the sizing doesn't seem consistent.

Margaret, I like the Eileen Fischer dress & the T-shirt dress. Tencil fabric is very forgiving for travelers. I don’t wear a lot of dresses, but I really like the EF one. That Bishop sleeve blouse reminds me of a blouse I made in the 70s. Melody

Margaret, I love some of those earthy colors at Coldwater Creek!  I need to keep those in mind for when I return from vacation.  I leave tomorrow.

I am soooo far behind, it seems.  I think I got the basics done though, so I am going to give myself a pedicure, and finish my packing.  My fingernails are a mess.  For the wedding, I had a new type of nail polish...at least new to me.  It's similar to gel, but you dip your nails in it.  The thing is, just like with a gel manicure, they sand down the nails first.  That means when the polish comes off, you have thin, brittle nails underneath.  I pretty much just have to wait for them to grow out.  

I think part of what makes it so bad is that in order to remove the polish, you have to literally soak your nails in straight acetone.  Not only does it make a mess of your nails, but your skin too.

I keep thinking there has to be a better way.  I bought a light color that I thought would work with my short nails, but with the condition of my nails, it will last less time than usual, so about 2 days.  

I'll catch up when I get back!

I'm sorting the pictures I took on our March cruise, and wanted to share this... Carnival Fantasy, completed in 1990 and the oldest ship currently in the Carnival fleet. She was cutting edge in her day. Sails out of Mobile, Alabama.

FantasySmall.jpg

Edited by MJC

Yesterday was a very good day!  Our daughter Karin came back from Tortola BVI engaged to her longtime guy!  He asked her daughter for permission to marry her Mom (& gave her a tanzanite/diamond ring as well ❤️). They’re thinking very small on a mountain trail likely this winter...more in this later I’m sure.  Les & I are thrilled, we both love Corby. Melody

14032D88-108A-45CE-AD35-482CBD1118CE.jpeg

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hi. My post from Tuesday didn't take so it just showed up today. ???  Queen was so amazingly good. I have decided in my next life I want to be a rock star astrophysicist. 🙂

I took my guests to see Wicked yesterday. So fun!!

I'm so tired!!

• Like 2

Welcome back Laurie! So glad to hear you had a great time...figured you would, but still... Really looking forward to a vicarious getaway with your photos and talk of your cruise...

My life can be summed up with...

21 days until we leave to take DS to London...😩😩😭😱

9 days here until we take daughter to IN 😩

Son started varsity soccer so I'm so busy running him to practices that it doesn't feel real that we leave next weekend 😮 Have almost all the shopping done (will pick up a few things locally rather than pack), but still need to do all the packing.