New Cheers Package - cost of dirty martini/Grey Goose determining factor for us

tbmrt

Not sure if the new Cheers Package will be worth it to us.

Deciding factor will be how much DH will pay for his 2 "little dry/little dirty, Grey Goose martinis without package.

Does anyone know what that would be? $9.75 plus tips??

Thank you for all your help

Hmmmm....Doesn't the new CHEERS! say any drink up to $50 of the menu cost of the drink is included? though I'm still searching for any single drinks Carnival has for anything near that cost.

A Goose Martini is just shy of $10, with or without CHEERS!....I did not think the drink costs differ with or without CHEERS!?

Edited by bar1068

if I am not mistaken, the new cheers program will allow any drink up to $50.

so I am quite sure that the grey goose dirty martini will be allowed in the new program no matter what the cost

I'm still not so sure the 50.00 is a misprint and meant to be 15.00. There just aren't any drinks that expensive on Carnival. At least up until now. I'm on the Breeze in 10 days. Can't wait! Bill.

I'm still not so sure the 50.00 is a misprint and meant to be 15.00. There just aren't any drinks that expensive on Carnival. At least up until now. I'm on the Breeze in 10 days. Can't wait! Bill.

The most expensive I've seen so far are a few diff shots of tequila at approx $12 and Hennessey XO at $13.

I personally think they capped it at $50 because in the near future they may be bringing on some Higher end Bourbons, Scotches etc that can run well over $20-$30 a shot Imo

Well...were it a mis-print, it's been mis-printed in many places including Carnival's website...not saying it couldn't be but seems the chance is low.

What I'm wondering/hoping and wanting to find out is if maybe Carnival is adding some finer whisky's, bourbon's or scotches maybe even finer wines that could approach that $50 per drink mark.

Opening up the $$ limit per drink included in Cheers! will now allow them to increase the prices on Alchemy drinks and others that fall just under the current $10 restriction with less backlash. I wouldn't be surprised to see pricing go up in the not-too-distant future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opening up the $$ limit per drink included in Cheers! will now allow them to increase the prices on Alchemy drinks and others that fall just under the current $10 restriction with less backlash. I wouldn't be surprised to see pricing go up in the not-too-distant future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I think will happen too!

I am wondering if you can get a double shot in a drink and it still count as a single drink because the price is under the limit.

Great question! Would like to know also. My husband likes to order a double shot of crown with his coke occasionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hmm, you very well may be correct. However I'm not sure why they wouldn't just raise it to $15. On the other end, if they do bring in some high end stuff, I'm guessing Carnival drinkers would really take to it and it may not last long.

Good drink choice...think if he keeps it to two..better just buying..but have not fine tuned the reading of Cheers. New or old. All I can say is better budget Vodka and Grey Goose..the difference even in tonic is amazing and so glad I have the memory of one with mom...her first..at the airport restaurant here that looks over Bridger Mountains...beautiful view place.

Edited by sjn911

I am wondering if you can get a double shot in a drink and it still count as a single drink because the price is under the limit.

Great question! Would like to know also. My husband likes to order a double shot of crown with his coke occasionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I don't think so. One of the excluded drinks is "floaters" which may also include double shots. Because then, technically, someone could have 30 drinks instead of 15! Kind of stinks though because I like my Miami Vices' with a floater to cut the sweetness ;)

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

I did GG DM on the Magic in January and they were under $10. I usually do K1, but they didn't have K1 so went with GG.

A double shot does count as one drink, but they will add the extra shot to the price cap.

This last cruise I decided to not do the drink package. Once the bartender at the Serenity bar figured that out he kept pushing me to get the "special deal" on a double Bloody Mary with "premium" (GG) vodka. I did that only once after I drank my $20 Bloody Mary.

Also, something we noticed was the lack of cocktail table service in the nightclub venues. In the comedy club there were only two servers for probably 300 people. We never got a server to come to our table the entire time.

I could have walked up to the bar, which didn't have anybody waiting for service. But felt it rude to get up during a show.

DW figured out that the slower or non-existent the service totally impacts the bottom line for those pax with drink packages. For us, without a package, it wasn't a big deal. But if I had a package and couldn't get a drink during the entire show I would have been upset.

I don't think so. One of the excluded drinks is "floaters" which may also include double shots. Because then, technically, someone could have 30 drinks instead of 15! Kind of stinks though because I like my Miami Vices' with a floater to cut the sweetness ;)

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

Order the floater first, wait 5 minutes and then order the Vice? Not as easy, but might get you the floater you want!

You can still do that. Just order your shot first, wait 5 min, then order your Miami vice. We did that with shots and beer chasers one night. Everything is time stamped, so the bartender cannot put in the two drinks at one time. It stinks but it is what it is.