$1 deposits are a go!

Kruzin Karen

I just booked a Land and Sea Alaska trip in September, 2016 for $1. Technically $2, as there are 2 of us. One day only "Leap Day" sale, You can't do it online, you have to call. I think the call center will be busy today! They are also honoring their Twice as Nice Sale, in addition.

Whoops! I may be wrong about having to call in; sorry all!

Edited by Kruzin Karen
new information

Wow. My PVP told us herself about an hour ago that we had to call in. I'm losing confidence in my PVP if that's not true. There have been other incidents...

I just booked online with my online TA as well, in fact that's where I heard about this...sounds like your PVP is just trying to secure that commission for themselves vice letting you get the best price

I booked on-line just now for a California Coastal this fall on $1 deposit and Twice-as-Nice OBC! Really great but the price was actually pretty high and I expect they will come down some between now and final payment. Anybody know how making cabin changes/taking price reductions will affect the promotional OBC?

Ditto in the UK. To me it's a bit unfair as a lot of people will book lots of cruises at a buck a time then cancel those they don't want at the last minute.:mad:

That's true and a great way to secure the best cabins then dump what you decide you don't want :D I am scouring more cruises right now :eek:

Does anyone know if you book a cruise could you transfer that to a cruise that is not yet available for booking? The 2016 Oct. 28 Day H,S,T is available but we want the 2017 Oct. 28 day Haw, Sam, Tahiti which won't be available until this coming May.

Just trying to save money everywhere I can.

Just Mike

Does anyone know if you book a cruise could you transfer that to a cruise that is not yet available for booking? The 2016 Oct. 28 Day H,S,T is available but we want the 2017 Oct. 28 day Haw, Sam, Tahiti which won't be available until this coming May.

Just trying to save money everywhere I can.

Just Mike

No. It is only for cruises through Spring 2017.

Ditto in the UK. To me it's a bit unfair as a lot of people will book lots of cruises at a buck a time then cancel those they don't want at the last minute.:mad:

Or wait to see which one has better pricing and cancel the others. It has the potential for significant abuse.

I just booked online with my online TA as well, in fact that's where I heard about this...sounds like your PVP is just trying to secure that commission for themselves vice letting you get the best price
:cool:

THat is correct. Princess' vacation planners no longer get commission for cruises you book online. They only get commission if you call them directly and book your cruise.

Booked the Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean 8 day out of Ft Lauderdale March 2017 on this $1 deposit per person promotion. My wife was very proud that she booked it with the only questions being about Cabin location and insurance. I have done all previous travel arrangements. :)