Favorite food at Blue Iguana and JiJi's

I recently saw a review with a picture of a taco salad from Blue Iguana. Large deep fried looking yummy shell but Ive never seen that on the menu. Anyone know anything about that?

Otherwise, the chicken tacos are the best!

They aren't on the menu, but they always have them. They have the shells sitting on a counter behind them.... just ask next time. LOVE them! ;)

I'll definitely get a bowl next time - love the food but I can't convince them to only give me a small scoop of anything (and I lack the willpower to not eat it all).

My favorites:

Breakfast potatoes

Arepas

Huevos Rancheros

(wasn't a big fan of the burrito - gasp!)

grilled shrimp <3

monterey jack

pico de gallo

crunchy, yet flavorful watermelon

grilled purple onions

JiJi's......the duck. This was the most delicious duck I have had. They also have a good pork belly. Everyone should try something different, so all at the table can try a little of everything. But that duck may not be shared.

Off all the cruises I have been on, I have never tried Blue Iguana. But from the praises here, I will be trying it in a week when I set sail on the Vista.

burrito:

jalapeno tortilla

shrimp

rice

red onion

green pepper

guacamole

pico

I should have a t-shirt printed with the above and just point to it; I've had the same burrito often enough.

:')

There's been a couple sailings where the staff would see me coming and start making my breakfast burrito because I always order the SAME thing--jalapeno tortilla, sausage, hashbrowns, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, crema fresca and pico.

Holy sweet Baby Jesus they have breakfast burritos!!?? Leaving in 12 days and just read this. I thought unlimited burritos/tacos for lunch was unbelievable. I am so hungry just from reading all of your suggestions.

Go to the taco line and ask for 2 or 3 tortillas only. Go to the burrito and ask for shrimp and onions on top of those mini taco tortillas.

Perfection, I eat it every single day.

Love the shrimp and the onions:hearteyes:

Taco line would probably add those items for you. I know they would add shrimp to mine and I'm sure onions could get added too.

Make sure to try the arepas..they're one of my favorite things that Blue Iguana has for breakfast. They're little corn cake things with cheese in them and OMG they're sooooo good.

Yes they are. I couldn't remember the name the first time I went for breakfast and they weren't listed (had good hash browns though). I'm looking forward to having them again in September.

What time do they open for breakfast? Thanks.

It will probably vary from ship/itinerary, but I think they were open by 7 each morning on our recent Pride cruise. It will be listed in the fun times.

OMG! Going to put on some pounds on my next cruise after reading this. Wonder if I can get a chair from a chair hog and set up at the Blue Iguana during the entire time it is open. I'm shameless when it comes to eating burritos. :cool: