Changing Rooms after booking (and paying for?)

mengel246

My husband booked an inside stateroom for us and our 3 and 5 year old children but I'm thinking of contacting NCL to see about switching that to a balcony. I don't know if that is possible.

Any advice on making that not completely break the bank and have that happening? This is the first time we're cruising and there's something about sitting on a balcony, especially when we are stuck in the room during naps/bedtime that seems pretty perfect.

Thanks!

If there is a balcony cabin available, you will be able to switch to it. I wouldn't expect a discount...not sure why they should sell it to you at a discount, when they could sell it to me at regular price.

If you are close to your sailing date, your chances are somewhat greater of getting the balcony at a reduced rate, but it all depends on what is available.

Upgrading to a balcony cabin will be at whatever the current rate code is .

You will lose any goodies ,that you may have had, at the original rate code when you booked.

Still , if you regret that inside and want that balcony , go for it.

You will lose any goodies ,that you may have had, at the original rate code when you booked.

Good advise, ask and see what is required and then if you still want to go ahead.

Is it that way on NCL--pay for an upgrade & you lose perks?

3 years running on Celebrity we have paid to upgrade our room after our original booking & got to keep all our original perks!

3 years running on Celebrity we have paid to upgrade our room after our original booking & got to keep all our original perks!

Only if the upgrade rate is at the same Rate code as the original booking.

The Rate code contains any promotion or goodies that will be lost if the upgrade is at a different Rate Code.

I have upgraded a couple of times on NCL in the last year. Once we had a choice of keeping our promo or switching to the current promo. The other time we did not have a choice but could only keep our original promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk