Kids on Carnival- Favorite things to do?

MaiTaiMary

My tween son likes anything active so the sports square, ping pong etc. and for them most part, the organized activities for his age group. He will go to some of the shows in the evening, watch a movie in his cabin or spend time on our balcony.

Our kids enjoy going to the shows and the kid friendly trivia. Movies outside at night.

Mainly though, I think they like exploring the ship together without the annoying 'rents following.

My LO is a toddler, so not quite the same interests as an older kid.

He loved Towel Animal theater and the Dr Suess parade and storytime. He likes industrial ports b/c he enjoys looking out and seeing the work/trucks/cranes on the dock. Anything with music is a good time.

Obviously, the waterworks is a big winner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My daughter is 3 and we leave for her 3rd cruise in two weeks but, she likes to walk around the arcade even though she obviously doesn't play anything and she likes to play in the different rooms on deck 5 like the piano bar and where the comedy is held during the day without anyone there. She likes to go sit at the different tables and ooh and ahh over everything. She also likes when we go to trivia she likes to dance at the front.

Oh, my kids have a blast. Here are some of their favorite things to do.

1) press all the numbers in the elevator. That way, they get to see each floor.

2) run as fast as they can down the hall. No sitting around playing video games.

3) peeing in the pool.

4) splashing people sitting near the pee filled pool.

5) sneaking into the adult comedy club.

• 2 weeks later...

2) run as fast as they can down the hall. No sitting around playing video games.

3) peeing in the pool.

Haha. Do they double dip at the buffet as well? [emoji15]

Roam the ship. Play elevator tag. Make a mess at the ice cream machine. Cannon ball in the hot tubs...

3) peeing in the pool.

Taking my 10 year old grandson on his first cruise in July, these are brilliant! ;)

DD was 3.

She loved blowing bubbles on the balcony and watching them float away.

She loved the arcade and trying to figure out how to play the games. Daddy held down the gas peddles and she steered the car.

She played with her toys on every surface available, including inside the lights.

We didn't go to the camp except to make a stuffed animal. They also gave us a coloring book with stickers which was awesome, and went to every meal.

We played "Which way" the first day and let me DD roam for 2 hours, we followed wherever she wanted to go. This meant 30 minutes of wandering up and down the rows in the theatre. It also meant almost getting blown off a staircase on the top deck, because it was so windy plus ship was moving full tilt.

Mostly she loved having us to hang off of, and play with.

My son was 10 the first cruise & spent most of his time playing ping pong & going down the water slide. He also spent some time in Camp Carnival - not as much when he was 11, though. By the time he was 15, he still spent a lot of time doing those activities, but also met up with a couple of other teens to hang out with in the evenings.

DD was 3.

She loved blowing bubbles on the balcony and watching them float away.

She loved the arcade and trying to figure out how to play the games. Daddy held down the gas peddles and she steered the car.

She played with her toys on every surface available, including inside the lights.

We didn't go to the camp except to make a stuffed animal. They also gave us a coloring book with stickers which was awesome, and went to every meal.

We played "Which way" the first day and let me DD roam for 2 hours, we followed wherever she wanted to go. This meant 30 minutes of wandering up and down the rows in the theatre. It also meant almost getting blown off a staircase on the top deck, because it was so windy plus ship was moving full tilt.

Mostly she loved having us to hang off of, and play with.

This is exactly what I'm anticipating for my son next year! Made me smile.

This is exactly what I'm anticipating for my son next year! Made me smile.

It's funny what kids love to do. I thought for sure she would love the ice-cream, but after trying it twice and ending up with melted puddles because she didn't eat it we gave up. She preferred to eat about a full melon worth of fruit everyday!!

How old will your son be?

My best piece of advice having just cruised with a 3 year old. Try and prep them for the mustering drill. We figured our DD would just roll with it, but she got very frightened. The siren made her upset and she was convinced that the people talking were coming to get her. If you can take a few moments before the drill and warn them it's going to be loud, and that there is nothing wrong. Our DD spent the next several days asking "What's that?" every time they made an announcement.

Have lots of fun vacationing with your little person!

My boys (9 & 10) love cruising! Water slides, swimming, golf, games, shows. They also like the down time to just chill in the cabin and play electronics. They love the arcade, but it can get really expensive.

Have fun! :)

does arcade take $$ or do you use room card? Going with grandkids and wondering if I can give them each some $$ or will it go ontheir parents account?

It's funny what kids love to do. I thought for sure she would love the ice-cream, but after trying it twice and ending up with melted puddles because she didn't eat it we gave up. She preferred to eat about a full melon worth of fruit everyday!!

How old will your son be?

My best piece of advice having just cruised with a 3 year old. Try and prep them for the mustering drill. We figured our DD would just roll with it, but she got very frightened. The siren made her upset and she was convinced that the people talking were coming to get her. If you can take a few moments before the drill and warn them it's going to be loud, and that there is nothing wrong. Our DD spent the next several days asking "What's that?" every time they made an announcement.

Have lots of fun vacationing with your little person!

Eating fruit over ice cream is not bad!

He will be about a month shy of 4 when we go. He's autistic and a little behind socially, (i should say hes very social, just not comfortable being around lots of kids), we're waiting another year to give him plenty of time to get accustomed to being around other kids. He's finally getting interested! I was thinking about contacting special needs for a private muster drill. I read on here that they have that. I'll judge when the time comes and see if I think it will be necessary.

He loves the water so I'm excited about the waterworks and taking him to the beach. Oh, and monkeys in Roatan!

Everything mentioned plus specifically

The excursions... Best part

(Swim with dolphins, snorkeling, parasailing, zip lining, monkeys! Riding horses along the beach)

Karaoke

Chocolate lava cake dessert

Chocolate buffet

We let them pick one late night owl party so they love their kids night out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does arcade take $$ or do you use room card? Going with grandkids and wondering if I can give them each some $$ or will it go ontheir parents account?
Room card and it adds up FAST!

My kids like playing the big chess set on deck, going to family comedy, hanging out on the balcony, watching the fly on headliner shows, trivia, Hasbro game show, mini golf and, since I have two tween to teen boys...eating.