Anthem of the Seas goes SOUTH to Halifax

How much is the fine for doing a cruise with no distant foreign port stop? $300 per head? This could easily cost Royal over $1M in fines.

It just goes to show when there is bad weather out there they are very limited in where they can go with the ship if there is bad weather when departing from the north east.

How much is the fine for doing a cruise with no distant foreign port stop? $300 per head? This could easily cost Royal over $1M in fines.

It just goes to show when there is bad weather out there they are very limited in where they can go with the ship if there is bad weather when departing from the north east.

I am so confused. I thought this 3 day was not docking. Maybe I just misunderstood.

I am so confused. I thought this 3 day was not docking. Maybe I just misunderstood.

They were docking in Halifax for one hour but no one was going to get off the ship.

There are no more "cruises to nowhere".

The stop in halifax was going to be for a very short period; 30 to 60 minutes. Some crew would get off and get back right back on. This would satisfy the letter of the law as far as visiting a distant foreign port. No guests were going to be allowed off.

By heading south there is no distant foreign port and there will be a fine assessed on each guest. I am assuming Royal is going to eat this fine.

It need to just touch international port for a moment due to labor law.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:):d

It's funny how there are a few people who can't figure out that something is tongue in cheek. I'm sure someone would believe you and start some new nutso thread about how stupid RCI is to have a cruise that was going to go into a Noro outbreak LOL.:D

The stop in halifax was going to be for a very short period; 30 to 60 minutes. Some crew would get off and get back right back on. This would satisfy the letter of the law as far as visiting a distant foreign port. No guests were going to be allowed off.

By heading south there is no distant foreign port and there will be a fine assessed on each guest. I am assuming Royal is going to eat this fine.

Now I REALLY understand. I also did not know they did away with CTN.

Someone else posted the idea that they might get a waiver due to the weather. Good thing is, either way it doesn't impact their cruise since they weren't going anywhere really.

It is a 3 night cruise stopping in Halifax for 59 mins. No one is getting on or off...

Now I REALLY understand. I also did not know they did away with CTN.

Resorts World started running the Bimini Superfast out of Miami doing overnight trips to nowhere (gambling/party boat) and the gov't said no, you can't do that. So Resorts World got into a lawsuit saying that if other cruise lines are allowed, why aren't they. So the gov't clamped down on it. It all had to do with foreign worker visas.

It has nothing to do with the PVSA and visiting a distant foreign port.

The reasons that CTN's were disallowed were to satisfy customs/visa regulations regarding ships employees. I have not seen anything regarding any fines or what they would be.

Edit..just saw that you posted above saying the same thing as I just did.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Anthem is now heading south off the coast of Atlantic City on its way to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

At 7:37 AM on Saturday March 3rd.

Need I say more?

If you are heading south off the coast of Atlantic City on your way to Halifax, Nova Scotia you will have a long trip.

The Allure is having bad luck from January on starting off with super storm Jonah in late January. We were on that cruise and it turned into an extra day at sea coming back by adding another 286 miles hugging the coast of the US after we left St. Kitts on our journey back. The bridge tour explained that they didn't want to get too close to it as it headed north off northern Florida along the east coast. Then off course in early February being in another super storm which passengers will never forget. Even with these issues, I'd say Royal WONT give it a second thought to STOP having winter departures from Baltimore and Port Liberty NJ. There's still money to be made for those who drive to the ports. But when it comes to Royal having to pay to put the guests up overnight who arrived for the embarkation only to find out that the ship wont be in for the next day,along with those who will miss flights on the debarkation and offer credit it's still costing Royal money.

A question to those in the know about having to stop in a foreign country. What if for example Halifax said they didn't have docking space or no you can't dock here for whatever reason, then what? Also Royal would still have to pay the dock personnel to tie up the ship and set it free, the same with paying for a pilot? Thank you to those who reply.

What if for example Halifax said they didn't have docking space or no you can't dock here for whatever reason, then what?

I don't think that would become an issue as the dock space has been pre-assigned for use. I can't imagine a ship would show up and the harbormaster be totally blindsided by it (for a regularly scheduled cruise that is).

As for payments to dock workers and pilots; I don't know how that works if a ship skips a port. I would imagine some baseline payment arrangement for readiness and another payment for services (when performed). I don't know.

Maybe ChEng will pop in and let us know.

The Allure is having bad luck from January on starting off with super storm Jonah in late January. We were on that cruise and it turned into an extra day at sea coming back by adding another 286 miles hugging the coast of the US after we left St. Kitts on our journey back. The bridge tour explained that they didn't want to get too close to it as it headed north off northern Florida along the east coast. Then off course in early February being in another super storm which passengers will never forget. Even with these issues, I'd say Royal WONT give it a second thought to STOP having winter departures from Baltimore and Port Liberty NJ. There's still money to be made for those who drive to the ports. But when it comes to Royal having to pay to put the guests up overnight who arrived for the embarkation only to find out that the ship wont be in for the next day,along with those who will miss flights on the debarkation and offer credit it's still costing Royal money.

A question to those in the know about having to stop in a foreign country. What if for example Halifax said they didn't have docking space or no you can't dock here for whatever reason, then what? Also Royal would still have to pay the dock personnel to tie up the ship and set it free, the same with paying for a pilot? Thank you to those who reply.

Think you meant Anthem, not Allure.:)

Anthem is now heading south off the coast of Atlantic City on its way to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Need I say more?

If Anthem is heading "south" on it's way to Halifax, NS, then the ship is going in the wrong direction, especially since it's March 5th.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

Halifax is non classified as a distant foreign port. No port in North America is.

Halifax is non classified as a distant foreign port. No port in North America is.

Interesting. What should the correct terminology be that I am using? I view a quickie stop in Halifax the same as a west coast of hawaii cruise would view a quickie stop in Ensenda, MX. To satisfy US laws. What are they classified as? :confused:

Need I say more?

I think you need to say more, what are you trying to say?

It's March 5th and it's a cruise to nowhere really with a little stop in Halifax. So why does it matter if they go south then turn north?