Curious ? About bringing soda and water on ship

ivyskar

I was wondering is it all that serious to bring soda and/or water, I mean is it really gonna break me(like saving 20 dollars for soda.) I have heard that the ship water is drinkable, so what the deal with this. We're doing Cheers so not worried, just curious.

I was wondering is it all that serious to bring soda and/or water, I mean is it really gonna break me(like saving 20 dollars for soda.) I have heard that the ship water is drinkable, so what the deal with this. We're doing Cheers so not worried, just curious.

The water is drinkable. I live in Vegas and will not drink the tap water here but never had a problem with water on a ship.

If you preorder water it's $3.99 of 12 bottles and its delivered right to your room. We will be taking some sodas on because I don't like the way the bottomless bubbles works with them giving you warm sodas on a lot of ice and you don't even get all of it. I wouldn't want someone else's 1/2 can or however they deal with the leftovers. If you are doing cheers it gives you sodas and water with the program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We don't do cheers, and we like Pepsi, not Coke. We bring on a twelve pack each. We are buying a couple 12 packs of water. I also bought a 6 pack of root beer for floats. :D the water is ok if it's really cold. Sometimes it tastes funky out of the lido dispensers.

We don't do cheers, and we like Pepsi, not Coke. We bring on a twelve pack each. We are buying a couple 12 packs of water. I also bought a 6 pack of root beer for floats. :D the water is ok if it's really cold. Sometimes it tastes funky out of the lido dispensers.

From what I understand you are only allowed 12 cans per person. Is that correct?

Oh, what about ice is available besides your cabin, maybe on lido deck.

There is an ice dispenser on the Lido deck. If you want ice in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward. Don't forget to tip him/her a little extra at the end of your cruise.;)

There is an ice dispenser on the Lido deck. If you want ice in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward. Don't forget to tip him/her a little extra at the end of your cruise.;)

Why would you be telling people to tip extra for the steward doing their job. I think the auto tips fully take care of getting ice in your cabin.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree with the other poster. Getting ice is part of their daily responsibilities and no extra tip is required.

Edited by BeachChik

Why would you be telling people to tip extra for the steward doing their job. I think the auto tips fully take care of getting ice in your cabin.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

'I agree with the other poster. Getting ice is part of their daily responsibilities and no extra tip is required. '

Supplying ice is not part of their daily routine. In fact, on many ships, the ice buckets aren't even supplied like they used to be. So, asking for ice is not a problem, but tipping a little extra (although not required) would be a nice gesture. Your choice.

Edited by beachbum53

Supplying ice is not part of their daily routine. In fact, on many ships, the ice buckets aren't even supplied like they used to be. So, asking for ice is not a problem, but tipping a little extra (although not required) would be a nice gesture. Your choice.

Agree. We bring a small (12"X12"12") cooler to chill our wine and we tip extra.

We pre-ordered 12 bottles of water, and brought on 2-12 packs of pop.

We only went through 1/2 the pop, but we got the pop we wanted, and still cheaper than buying from Carnival. We left the extra pop for the Cabin Steward.

The 12 bottles would not have lasted the entire 7-days. However, I refilled them with water from the Lido Deck. The bottles were nice for having in the cabin, and for taking on excursions (along with the pop).

I've read it's like $4 for a soda onboard. We don't drink water and we live in the south so we like sweet tea, not instant crap they make on the ship. That leaves the only option for us as lemonade and that would get old quick. So we have to take sodas. It's 4 of us (2 kids who don't drink soda) but we each will take a 12 pack. Plus we will bring some sodas back to the ship from Half Moon Cay assuming there's some left in our cabana when we're done. lol