MITSUGIRLY'S birthday cruise on the JADE review/pictorial

mitsugirly

Kim - Some advice I've learned from reading Chris Elliott's site

They suggest you make your letter brief and leave emotion out of it. Describe what you experienced. Use bullet points to make it easier to read. The person reading the letter reads these all day. Tell them what resolution would make you happy.

Make sure to mention that you are platinum latitude members and how many future cruises you have booked with them. And also all the other family members that cruise because of you. Include your ship/sail date/reservation #.

You can start with their website or you can use the email address below. Keep reading for the rest of the instructions from his website. I heard that Vivan Ewart or her team have the power to make things happen!

Email Contacts

passengerservices@ncl.com

Remember to include copies of all documents and prior emails when requesting assistance. NCL has a reputation for protecting its customer loyalty base if the resolution request is reasonable but does not react positively to threats or over-reaching. Remember to state your proposed solution with specificity and keep it reasonable.

Executive Contacts

If you contact the company by email, you should receive a substantive reply within one week. If you don't, it's safe to assume you're being ignored. Before you reach out to one of these managers, please review these FAQs, which will increase the odds of a successful appeal.

Remember to start with the primary contact and work your way up the hierarchy. Don't just start with the CEO.

Escalate your request as an appeal to a higher corporate level.

Primary Contact

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

7665 Corporate Center Dr.

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

Chief Executive

Andy Stuart

President and Chief Operating Officer

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4000

astuart@ncl.com

http://elliott.org/frequently-asked-questions-about-resolving-a-consumer-dispute/#letter

Edited by cml4958

Oh Kim, sorry you had such a crappy day. No one wants to deal with that..EVER! But such is life and the show goes on.

I'm finally getting to packing for our trip. We fly out tomorrow and still not packed :eek: this is so unlike me. I was wondering.. is the hairdryer any good or should I bring my own? also what do you think of the body wash and shampoo? I always pack conditioner as I need it!!

Thanks

So true...life (or cruise) went on. :)

:eek: I would be simply horrified if I wasn't already packed the day before flying out. Yikes. :D

Well honestly, I did not use the blow dryer this cruise. I don't use a blow dryer much at home and prefer to let me hair dry on it's own and then straighten. Or...most of the time you'll see me with my hair pulled back in a pony tail or in a messy bun. I just never feel like taking the time to actually do my hair when cruising. My hair is just so long and takes awhile to "fix". But I have used plenty of the hair dryers on the ships and they are all basically the same (unless you get the reverse vacuum cleaner type), but they have all done the job for me. I hate the added weight and space being taken up in my luggage, so I never bring one...like ever. I know others don't really like them, but I personally have no problem with them.

I always use their body wash. It may not smell flowery, but it cleans and the smell is not offensive. So another space in my luggage for other things.

Shampoo...um NO. I would never use it. I have a certain shampoo and it's all I use...period. If I don't bring my own shampoo and conditioner, I would never go out in public because I would never be able to comb it...can we say rats nest? :D My hair is just too fine and long to use just anything on it. It tangles too easily.

Have a wonderful time!

We are leaving for our Jade cruise soon too, but I must say that I am really bummed about the pie! [emoji13]. Last year on RCCL we had amazing Apple pie cooked in this big cast iron skillet! It was so good!

Just an FYI, we have never had this problem before...on ANY other ship!

I hope you have written NL since being home. I had some major issues on my cruise last Aug and I wrote to anyone and everyone who would listen and we each got a nice OBC for our next cruise

Not yet. I have been way too busy with trying to get all my school work done and getting ready for another cruise. It's just been too hectic at this point. I will do it though. Is there a timeline that I need to write them by? I know the sooner the better, but there's just no "sooner" with me at this point.

If all goes to plan, we will once again be able to sail on this beauty. This time under the Crystal Cruises banner.

Nice. Will you be on it?

Kim,

I love reading your reviews and all the crazy fun you have with your family. I have been on over 40 cruises, on several lines, and have never had such a horrible cabin steward.

The only cruise I did not like was my one NCL cruises, and I swore I would never cruise on that line. But, as I have been reading your reviews I was ready to give them another chance.

Until this review and you MDR troubles (similar to the problems I had), and the steward. I hope NCL makes it up to you in some way.

40 cruises :eek: I wanna be just like you! :D

Aww, sorry you did not like your one and only NCL cruise. It really does suck when you get bad service and it sorta ruins the experience, especially if you are just trying them out for the first time. Trust me, it's not the "norm" at all for NCL. I have never been on a ship that they did not go out of their way for just about everything...room stewards, dining, guest services...to just passing a crew member in the hall. They have always been extremely friendly, polite and bend over backwards. That's why I have stuck with them for so long. I (personally) would never let this ruin my experience or thoughts of the company as a whole.

I'd also' date=' somehow, link them to this review and all your reviews.

You have a pretty healthy reputation here and can influence travelers. That's worth something... ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote']

That's a thought, but I know they probably gets tons of emails, complaints and whatever else all day long. For them to take the time to read such an overwhelming and extensive review...well, I just can't imagine it.

You know, back when I started cruising again in 2010 on the Epic, I came back and did a VERY short review on it with a few pics. It wasn't anything too special and was NOTHING like I do now of course. BUT...after doing that review NCL came on here and commented on MY review!!! I was so impressed that they took the time to actually read MY review! They don't come on here often and back then when they did that, I went to all their post (which was hardly any over the last several years prior to that) and they don't comment often. I felt very privileged that they took the time to read and comment on mine...of all people. :) But to read this...yikes. :p

Kim - Some advice I've learned from reading Chris Elliott's site

They suggest you make your letter brief and leave emotion out of it. Describe what you experienced. Use bullet points to make it easier to read. The person reading the letter reads these all day. Tell them what resolution would make you happy.

Make sure to mention that you are platinum latitude members and how many future cruises you have booked with them. And also all the other family members that cruise because of you. Include your ship/sail date/reservation #.

You can start with their website or you can use the email address below. Keep reading for the rest of the instructions from his website. I heard that Vivan Ewart or her team have the power to make things happen!

Email Contacts

passengerservices@ncl.com

Remember to include copies of all documents and prior emails when requesting assistance. NCL has a reputation for protecting its customer loyalty base if the resolution request is reasonable but does not react positively to threats or over-reaching. Remember to state your proposed solution with specificity and keep it reasonable.

Executive Contacts

If you contact the company by email, you should receive a substantive reply within one week. If you don't, it's safe to assume you're being ignored. Before you reach out to one of these managers, please review these FAQs, which will increase the odds of a successful appeal.

Remember to start with the primary contact and work your way up the hierarchy. Don't just start with the CEO.

Escalate your request as an appeal to a higher corporate level.

Primary Contact

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

Chief Executive

Andy Stuart

President and Chief Operating Officer

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4000

astuart@ncl.com

http://elliott.org/frequently-asked-questions-about-resolving-a-consumer-dispute/#letter

Thank you so so SO much for this info. I really appreciate it.

I totally know the parts about leaving emotion out of it and to not be a drama queen. (We learn these things in business writing class and so on) and totally agree with those points...and getting to the point. I know I'm a very "lengthy" person on here, full of words and need to take a breath every so often, but not when it comes to writing important information or correspondence. I keep it professional. :)

I honestly don't know what I would expect in return. As I've said before, I don't like to get anyone in trouble, especially if it would cause someone to lose their job. That's just not me, which is why I was reluctant to do or say anything. However, I don't want others to be treated this way either. Maybe he just needs some additional re-training in customer satisfaction or to shadow someone to see how it's done. I don't even know if they have programs like that. But as far as myself, I have no clue what to ask for IF I should ask for anything at all.

No worries on threats or me being rude...I think everyone around here can see I'm not that way at all. (Not at all saying that you think I would do this, just stating that I wouldn't). Well... you push me far enough I guess I can be rude back...or mess with my children then momma bear comes out...but for something like this...never. Otherwise, I would have never let any of this happen and would have caused a scene every time and been demanding my money back from the entire cruise, plus an additional 50% off future cruises and paid air flight because my vacation was ruined. (LOL just kidding of course).

Everything you said is just great information and I really appreciate the info, the emails, and the links provided. Kudos to you. It was just what I was hoping someone would post. :) You're awesome!

WOW. UNbelievable! I have never had such bad service on a ship. SO sorry this happened on your birthday cruise. Feeling terrible for you. Your steward was the polar opposite of a vacation hero!

Eh, it's ok. I didn't let it spoil my birthday. We still had an awesome time and the Jade was such a beautiful ship. Don't feel terrible...hey, I got a CRUISE for my birthday. WOO HOO! (I had to laugh when he laid the "vacation hero" card on my bed on the very last night) LOL :p

Be sure to mention that you have many readers who have followed this report and many of us who plan to be on a future cruise are worried that he might be our room steward. A resolution might be to have him retrained and then given a fresh start on a different ship. We have less than 30 days before boarding the Jade and I really do not want to have to confront a room steward like that. Christ Elliot has a lot of good advise and might even be able to give you some advise if you contacted his site.

Be sure to mention that you have many readers who have followed this report and many of us who plan to be on a future cruise are worried that he might be our room steward. A resolution might be to have him retrained and then given a fresh start on a different ship. We have less than 30 days before boarding the Jade and I really do not want to have to confront a room steward like that. Christ Elliot has a lot of good advise and might even be able to give you some advise if you contacted his site.

Good point. I'll try to work something in like that, but don't want to come off snotty.

What was the final verdict on IConsierge on the Jade? Boarding on Saturday. YEAH!!!!!

There's no iConcierge on the Jade. That's only on the newer ships.

Eh, it's ok. I didn't let it spoil my birthday. We still had an awesome time and the Jade was such a beautiful ship. Don't feel terrible...hey, I got a CRUISE for my birthday. WOO HOO! (I had to laugh when he laid the "vacation hero" card on my bed on the very last night) LOL :p

I love your attitude!... even after that disappointing customer service (or lack of, should I say?) from your room steward, you still focused on the positive, rather than on the negative :)

Your hubby is lucky to have such a gal! :p

Are you ready for your next sailing?

Heading to the airport now. Get to see Jade for myself tomorrow. Thanks so much Kim for answering my questions along the way. I'm excited for my first NCL. Hope you love the Breeze next week. It's a great ship we had the best time on her.

I think your letter would have the most impact, not only on the reader, but the situation if you present your side and request a simple apology and that they retrain their employee. If they truly care, accept any offer of reconciliation. Forgiveness is the salve of the soul. JMHO

I love your attitude!... even after that disappointing customer service (or lack of, should I say?) from your room steward, you still focused on the positive, rather than on the negative :)

Your hubby is lucky to have such a gal! :p

Are you ready for your next sailing?

Aww shucks. Thanks for the nice compliment. Quite honestly, I don't pay all this money to go on a cruise and not have fun. :)

Yes and No. I'm going to finish up my packing this weekend so in that sense, yes I'm ready. But honestly...I'm so excited to sail on the Breeze but yet I wish it wasn't time yet...if that makes sense. It just came too quick and too quick after going on the Jade. I'm not so sure I want to do this again. I mean I have only been off the Jade 3 weeks come tomorrow and to think I'll be on the Breeze in 1 week. Yikes! As much as I love to cruise, it's almost too much for me and I need more of a break in between. LOL :p

Heading to the airport now. Get to see Jade for myself tomorrow. Thanks so much Kim for answering my questions along the way. I'm excited for my first NCL. Hope you love the Breeze next week. It's a great ship we had the best time on her.

You are very welcome and I hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise on the beautiful Jade. :) I plan on having a great time on the Breeze for sure! Guys burgers...watch out!

This spring break, I've read your Pride and Dawn reviews, and I can see why you have such a following. [emoji3] You have a fun writing style; thank you for taking us all along! Now on to reading this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Aww thanks. I'm glad you think that way and I have hooked you in. :p :D No really, I hope you enjoy them. It's been fun. I have enough reviews to keep you very busy for awhile. :o

I think your letter would have the most impact, not only on the reader, but the situation if you present your side and request a simple apology and that they retrain their employee. If they truly care, accept any offer of reconciliation. Forgiveness is the salve of the soul. JMHO

Yes, very good. I believe in second chances and forgive and forget. I have a tendency to let things slide (a little too much sometimes), but also have a heart (which is why I don't like to see people get into trouble). Another reason I haven't wrote to NCL already...I know when things are happening, you have a tendency to get in an uproar and emotions run rapid. After some time have passed, the blow kinda softens and you are not as mad anymore. It puts the important things into perspective and keeps emotion out of the equation. You're more likely to have a level head if you wait awhile. That's what I always try to do if I'm upset. Well....unless the hubby forgot to make the bed or something. :p :D

Loving this review and I can sympathize with you on the sleeping , especially on vacations. Don't wake me when I finally am able to fall asleep!!!. I used melatonin also for quite a while before it stopped working. I'm taking a break from it and I have used benadryl which helps.

As for your steward, you have more patience than I would have had and I agree, you need to write someone, anyone that will listen.

DAY 7-SEA DAY

Another day to sleep in and I can guarantee that the hubby didn't wake me up this time. hehe I honestly don't have any idea what time we woke up, but I didn't use an alarm clock that's for sure.

Quite honestly, I have no idea what happened to the daily for this day. I don't get rid of anything and I can't seem to find it. Weird.

After getting up, I headed outside to check out the weather. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day, but you could definitely tell it was a lot cooler. It was definitely going to be a pants and possibly a jacket day as the day progressed. But, the waves were better today and I didn't notice much rocking or any barf bags laid out.

P2260885%20copy-L.jpg

We headed to the buffet for breakfast since it was so late. Once again, runny eggs so I took the hubbys advice and got an omelet.

P2260887%20copy-L.jpg

We dropped the munchkin off at the kids club for 45 minutes (it was almost time for them to close and that's all the time she would get for now).

We headed back to the room to do some packing. Guest Services called me about the missing shirt and the money and said they were writing up a form with the information on it..."Now what color is it again?" Wow, seriously? I described it again and told them what it looked like and what it said. I know that I have not seen these shirts on NCL for the last few cruises and I was TOLD that they no longer carry them. I pulled up a picture of her wearing it on my phone and told them I could come down and show them the picture so they knew what they were looking for.

Then once again they ask me about the money in the pocket.

"This is the face of a kid having fun"

IMG_3706%20copy-L.jpg

IT'S BLUE!!! NOT WHITE!!! With a smiley face on the side.

IMG_3705%20copy-L.jpg

I headed out the door and told the hubby I was going down to Guest Services and as I walked out the door MARIO came down the hall. Mario is Rasfah. I now know his name! I made sure to look at his name tag.

He ask about the missing items. I informed him there's 1 shirt that is missing and...once again, I described it to him. I also informed him that the money from the pockets was not still in the pockets nor was there a bag with it in there as he said. I ask him AGAIN..."Did the bag rip?" He said "no, the bag was not ripped". I told him, "There was an item in the very bottom of the bag that was damp. You are SURE that the bottom didn't rip either from it being damp or wet?" He said "no, we take the entire bag you have in your room and place that bag inside of a huge plastic bag and seal it so nothing falls out." So, if that's the case, then when they dumped the items out in the laundry, everything should have been there!

Mario said that he was calling his supervisor and he would have him come talk to me. I told him I have already been in touch with Guest Services and in touch with the laundry people and supervisor there. He said he was calling anyhow...and he did.

Mario's supervisor came down and knocked on the door. I described what happened and what the shirt looks like and what it had on it. I also told him that Mario had told me the "count" of the items and then when I got them back MY count was right and there was only 1 shirt missing. I also told him that they did not clean my items and seeing how this is the last day, I am now not going to get my clothes laundered and wasn't happy about that either.

(I forgot to mention yesterday...when I went down to Guest Services after this all happened, they actually told me "Well, they shouldn't have taken your laundry to begin with because it takes us 48 hours to do your clothes and return to you." Are you serious? I have actually sent my clothes down on the last day and the room steward went out of her way to get the laundry done and returned to us that night for us to pack in our luggage. I'm going to check my "coupon" and see what it says about that. But they acted like if I was doing something wrong by sending it down this morning, Thursday, instead earlier in the week. I personally thought they were out of their mind.)

After talking to him, Guest Services called another 4 times. Yes four! Each time I explained the shirt again and they said they were trying to locate another shirt for me. One called "What does it look like" Call two "What color is it and what size is it" Call three "What color is it and would you want another shirt if we can find one?" Call four "We found a few shirts, sized Medium and Large" I told them I would come down and check them out, because quite honestly I had NO IDEA what size the shirt was.

I went to Guest Services, stood in line and while I was in line I listened to several people talking about how they were there to "get the form to have the daily service charges removed". A majority of these people said they had crappy service. My wheels started spinning at this point and I started listening in to see what type of bad service they might have had.

At one point there was a lady in line, talking to another guy in front of her, that said "We are traveling with 10 people in our party. I'm getting all of my daily service charges removed because I can't afford to pay an extra $800! We are removing everyones in our party". Um...ok...that's why you are having it removed??? Seriously? Why are you on a cruise? Now I'm not a mean person, but obviously this person was and you don't know how bad I wanted to turn around and say something to her about this and THEN tell her I don't even know how she managed to actually pay for this cruise to begin with since her MATH SKILLS are so far off. Shhhh, keep it to yourself Kim. Whew...deep breath and just wait on my turn at the counter.

When it was my turn, they came back with 1 shirt and showed me it and it looked like the perfect size. I guess I will take it....and off I went to show Sakari her new shirt...which had her looking very puzzled since she already HAD (past tense) a shirt like that. LOL

I finished packing and we were ready to eat lunch. We headed back up to the buffet and had some wonderful turkey panini sandwiches on Italian bread and chips.

We relaxed for a little bit staring at the water and I was at least happy that Sakari had her shirt back.

P2260890%20copy-L.jpg

As I mentioned before, the one thing that Sakari is interested in at the Kids Club is the sports. Today at 3pm, they were all going outside to play in the basketball area and she didn't want to miss that.

We headed up to drop her off and then I headed back to the room for awhile to do some more packing (since I ended up distracted the last time I tried this with trying to get a shirt back). Then I had to check-in with Southwest at 3:30 for our flight home the next day.

At 3:30pm, we went up to the basketball court to watch her play games.

She was having a lot of fun up there...

P2260898%20copy-L.jpg

...and I was freezing. Being up on the top deck with the wind blowing (and it was getting cooler) had me so cold. We were on the lounge chairs and we took the lounge chairs beside us, turned them sideways, then put the head of it up, to block the wind.

This game was a "tail" game. The kids put their "tails" in the back of their pants and you had to run around the court trying to snag someones tail from them, which made them out of the game.

At one point, some little really super competitive boy (in all the games I noticed) came up to Sakari and grabbed her "tail" from the FRONT and yanked and kept pulling. Like this was a complete back to front wedgie in the privates if you get my drift. Um...no...not happening...I got up and yelled at him "Hey, hey, hey, let's not do that". Meanwhile she was yelling "you can't do that, that hurts". I dared someone to say something to me at this point. Mama bear had ruffled feathers. (Yes, my bear is a bird bear...hehe).

P2260896%20copy-L.jpg

We picked up the munchkin and she wasn't done playing yet...she wanted to play ping-pong now. I challenged her to a game.

Quite honestly, she is getting pretty good at this game and can keep it going for pretty long now.

P2260900%20copy-L.jpg

There was another couple next to us playing as well. Then 2 boys came over and I assume they were waiting to play...except they weren't waiting. They started hitting the ball back and forth across the table the short direction. If one of our balls started to go off the table and was anywhere near them, they would go after it and hit it. The couple next to us yelled at them a few times about how that wasn't cool to be in our way and interrupting our game and they needed to back away and wait their turn. It didn't do any good. So...I decided to just let them in on the game. We played doubles for what seemed like eternity. Those kids wore me out! We made up our own games starting with someone at all 4 sides of the table and had to hit the ball to each of us. Then we played doubles, 2 to a side. Then after that, the people next to us left and they decided they still wanted to remain on our table playing with us because they were having such a good time. We laughed and carried on for quite some time before I finally gave up and just let the kids play. They quickly gave up shortly after I left. I guess I was the life of the party.

IMG_3701%20copy-S.jpg

My picture I texted back to my daughter, Kendra, to let her know she was missing out on a good time. hehe

It was getting late and the sun was going down.

IMG_3707%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari worked up an appetite and headed back to the buffet for a quick meal before going back to the room to change for the "Pajama Party" at the kids club tonight. It is one of the few party's she's now interested in these days.

Edited by mitsugirly

Sakari is a child who does not like clothes. If she could run around in just her underwear all day she would. Kendra was the same way when she was young. I would get phone calls from the neighbors informing me that she had stripped outside and was playing in the yard in her underwear. Sigh!

Over the last year, I have managed to get Sakari to KEEP her clothes on most of the time. But, she won't sleep in pj's at all. So, for this pj party, I actually had to go out and buy her a pair so that she could attend and have fun. (No you don't HAVE to have pj's on to go, just that she wanted them for the party).

Sakari in her pj's. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

P2260902%20copy-L.jpg

It was the last night of the cruise and we still had one more "Platinum Free Dinner" coupon left. I really enjoyed La Cucina the first night and decided I wanted to go back again. So, off we went.

Once again "Do you have reservations?" ....pause... "Why yes, yes we do!" LOL She looked and looked and "I can't seem to find it. When did you make them?" ...pause... "Um, I don't really remember...maybe it was last night?" LOL So I ask her, "Do you have room in there for us?" She said she would check.

She came back and took us in and seated us.

Do you guys think there's room?

P2260904%20copy-L.jpg

I mean why is this such a big deal if you don't make reservations? IT'S FREESTYLE!!! HELLO!!! Where I'm free to do what I want, when I want, and how I want. I want to eat, I want to eat a La Cucina, I want to not make a reservation. End of story. Geesh.

The hubby gave me the look...."What wine do we want to try this time?" I told him he did such a good job last time that I would leave it up to him this time. I said I just wanted to try something different... to either find something I like or yet eliminate another off the list.

This is what we ended up with.

P2260908%20copy-L.jpg

Notice it's red. I do not like red. I do not like anything that is warm either. I didn't like it and neither did he. At one point I ask the waitress to bring us some ice. She laughed and said she's the same way and puts ice in it. I also thought that if we added ice, maybe it would melt in there, dilute the taste, and we would survive it. It didn't work. LOL

P2260905%20copy-L.jpg

P2260906%20copy-L.jpg

I think your letter would have the most impact, not only on the reader, but the situation if you present your side and request a simple apology and that they retrain their employee.
I might request more than a simple apology. It's not like they don't give out bottles of wine and strawberries at the drop of a hat. Plus she didn't get platinum laundry service this cruise so she should get double on the next.

Yes, very good. I believe in second chances and forgive and forget. I have a tendency to let things slide (a little too much sometimes), but also have a heart (which is why I don't like to see people get into trouble). Another reason I haven't wrote to NCL already...I know when things are happening, you have a tendency to get in an uproar and emotions run rapid. After some time have passed, the blow kinda softens and you are not as mad anymore. It puts the important things into perspective and keeps emotion out of the equation. You're more likely to have a level head if you wait awhile. That's what I always try to do if I'm upset. Well....unless the hubby forgot to make the bed or something. :p :D

I think once you've had time to reflect, you'll write the letter. I know that if you want feedback on the letter, you could post it on the forums on Chris Elliott's site.

http://forum.elliott.org/

People do that frequently and there are moderators and other posters who have quite a bit of experience with travel related things.

The biggest thing for you is the level of service was not to par. That's the simple fact. Mario needs retraining. He's a bad example of the level of service that is expected from NCL.

I enjoyed this last time, so figured why not do it again. They were good again minus the anchovies.

P2260909%20copy-L.jpg

The hubby knew NOT to pick what he had last time and decided to play it safe with a "salad" (I'm really laughing now).

It came and the look on his face was priceless. I should have been taking a picture of his face instead of the "salad". I don't remember exactly what he said but it was something along the line of "when did people get so lazy that they can't cut up lettuce and they just say...hey, I'll just chop the head of lettuce in quarters and call it a day."

P2260910%20copy-L.jpg

We were still not enjoying this wine. The hubby said "I wonder if people ever just give their wine away to others in the restaurant?" I'm like "Oh my gosh, don't embarrass me by going around asking if anyone wants your opened wine." He said he didn't want it to go to waste, which I understood, but in this day and age, and being a nurse, it's hard to trust when someone ask if you want their "left overs" of an opened item...if you know what I mean.

Ours meals came. Mine was yummy BUT it didn't quite taste as good as the other night. The plate wasn't half as big as the other night and there was less bacon and it just didn't taste quite the same. But, it was still good.

P2260911%20copy-L.jpg

Hubby decided on a pizza this time around.

P2260912%20copy-L.jpg

When the waitress came back around, the hubby ask her if anyone ever decides they don't like the wine and passes it along to others in the restaurant. She said it does happen at times and she would ask if anyone wanted it. The couple that had sat down next to us looked over and the hubby blurted out "Do you want some wine?" Oh gosh, he went and did it. He's going to embarrass me. To my surprise, they were over joyed and said they LOVE that wine and would LOVE to have it. They were so happy. We sat around and talked forever that night. They were a great couple. I believe she was a Real Estate Agent (from overhearing their conversation prior to the hubby's "offering"). I was glad the bottle was put to use. That made me happy and of course the hubby said "I did good right? Admit it. I did good." LOL Yes, yes you did.

First, Happy Belated Birthday! I just finished a marathon reading of your review - what are Friday nights for anyway :D Loving your review. We were hoping to go on the Jade next year but it looks like she is full of music charters in February. So at least by reading your review, I feel like I kind of have been there.

Can't believe the treatment you received, that is really unfortunate. Hopefully the rest of the cruise was great. I love the different things you have done on this trip. We might do the Dawn next year which is the same itinerary so you have given us lots to think about! (Oh, ya, I pulled your Dawn review up earlier this week!)

Thanks so much for a great review.

Jai

Edited by BlueJai
submitted before I was ready

IMG_3709%20copy-L.jpg

Well, it's our last night on the ship and it was time to try our luck at the slots. We really have done good all week (with the exception of 1 night) so we were hoping to go out with a bang.

I didn't take pictures, except for this one for some reason. I did good on this one and "ok" on the others. But, we didn't over-do it and didn't want to push our luck.

I don't remember how much I won on this one, but I walked away and every person that walked up after that decided not to play it after that. LOL

IMG_3711%20copy-L.jpg

I don't think we went to the show tonight. I can't remember what they had.

We picked Sakari up from the kids club at 10:30pm and headed upstairs in search of food for her.

They had taken down the statues in the dining room!

IMG_3712%20copy-L.jpg

The workers were cleaning the floor under it. I'm not sure if they were going to put them back up or not. I can say that they must be pretty heavy and we watched them drag these things around and push them, while scratching up the floor.

Back to the room for our next and last towel animal.

I would also find a name your "Vacation Hero" card on my bed and just couldn't help but laugh that Mario had given me this. I purposely laid it in the trash can, with the words/picture of it facing up, so that you could easily see what this card was in the trash can, and pulled the trash can out for him to be able to see it as soon as he looked down. I hope he got the message.

P2260914%20copy-L.jpg

P2260886%20copy-L.jpg

I finished packing and weighing our luggage and out the door they went for pick up.

We set the alarm, watched a little t.v. and headed to bed.