MITSUGIRLY'S birthday cruise on the JADE review/pictorial

mitsugirly

So, We depart the Jade 3/26 and our initial excursion in Roatan was going to be LFK but after seeing that the animals were no longer there we opted to go the easy route and do Maya Key. Now seeing your reviews of both I am really confused...which would you do for a first time group of 9 including kids 8-13? Thanks!

Mitsugirly , do they give you the platinum card or did you have to ask for it? We will become platinum on our up coming cruise. I'm thinking I will have to wait until it's over but that is the first I've heard of a card showing platinum. I love your review but I think ....actually I know I would have reported that room steward...keep the review going! Thanks

No, it's just your room key card. It will say Platinum on it.

Yes, you have to wait until your cruise is over before you'll be considered platinum. It won't happen while you are actually on the cruise.

:)

Do you pay as you go at Little French Key, or pay a day pass fee?

They have several different packages you buy, which all include your transportation to and from there by van and also the boat ride over plus admission to the island. I believe the cheapest is $55. It goes up from there including your meal and some have snorkeling and so on. Just depending on what you want out of the day. :)

What happened with all the animals?

Oh gosh...so much. Short version, they were raided, provided a phony hand written sheet to confiscate the animals....LFK owners have all the permits for the place and on the animals and come to find out they took them all illegally. It's a big old mess and everyone that took them seem to be all tied back to Maya Key, their competitor. To find out everything that started from the beginning until now, you can take a look at the social media site (there was one started just for this event...bring back the animals to Little French Key) and there's probably hours of reading there along with copies of the papers and everything. As far as I know, they are still fighting for their return. It's very sad. Those animals are so loved and well cared for. :(

We were thinking about doing South Shore zip lining and going to a beach in that area, but after seeing LFK we may need to change our plans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you are interested in seeing more on LFK, check out my other 2 reviews in my signature line from there. It shows more of the lagoon/older section that was the original area. It's just beautiful there. :)

My 5 year old son is absolutely fascinated by mermaid Sakari. He wants to be a merman king now and have her as his queen, LOL!

Thank you for all the work you put into your reviews. They are so, so, so helpful for those of us planning future cruises. They're also a great mini-break and pretend vacation until we're actually sailing! So very much appreciated!!! Thank you!

Aww, I totally laughed at the merman King comment. How sweet. I read it out loud to the hubby just now and being her father practicing for when she gets older he said "Back off junior" LOL.

You are very welcome for the review and thank you for your comments.

Thank you so much for the time and effort to do these reviews. Your pictures are amazing.

We will be doing this itinerary in Nov. Ages 3 through 55 so looking for things to do for everyone this helps so much. Could you explain about the animals and also is there an option to make this all inclusive with food and drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do the $88 package, it includes the food and then 2 drinks per person. If you go to their website, you can see all of the packages available. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you as always for this fantastic review! When you come back, can you explain again how to get to where the LFK folks are at the port? How will we know where to find them?

Also, did you see anyone holding and taking pics with the animals at LFK this time?

Thanks Kim! So exciting that you have another cruise coming up so soon!

Are you coming in to Coxenhole in Roatan? Or Mahogany Bay?

If Coxenhole, just simply walk behind the building at the port (which is where the taxi's pull up at) and to the left is the gate to leave the compound. There's a sidewalk out there that will have several vendors. You will either see one of them standing there or you can ask any of the vendors and they will tell point to you where they are standing. Super easy. No worries.

I did not see anyone holding or taking pictures with the animals this time. We mostly stayed over at the beach area other than walking by when we first got there and then when I took my short mini tour. Usually the animals they had out to hold was Baby Lisa the monkey, who is grown now and another baby monkey. Those animals were taken in the raid. Then they usually had some lemurs out too and I didn't see them either. I would have to go back and see if those are some of the animals they took (there's a list online). Then the only other animal I knew that they let out was the jaguar, Simba, which they took for sure and I believe was the main target. He's still gone.

You write the best report.

So amazing...you return from one and "have to" get ready for another. :D Hope you'll do a report for the Carnival one too.

Here are a few questions:

1. You've seen many places (and love your links at the bottom). What is your favorite beach?
  2. What is your favorite ship so far?

PS - Sakari is sooo sweet. And how great you're able to give her these experiences.

Oh I will absolutely be writing another report after my Breeze cruise. I have been waiting for a long time to go on this ship. Plus it will have 2 new ports that I have never been to that I will be able to write about as well.

Oh gosh...I get ask this all the time (about the favorite beach). There's a lot of places and it all depends on the location.

-Costa Maya would be Blue Kay

-Cozumel would be Chankanaab

-Roatan would be Little French Key

-Belize would be Goffs Caye

-Absolutely LOVE Half Moon Cay (private island of Carnival)

-Grand Turk right there at the port is super nice (we will be going there again in a few weeks and get to experience some of the other beaches).

-BERMUDA!!!-St Catherines, St Davids beaches

-St Thomas-Coki & Sapphire is a toss up between the two for different reasons

St Maarten-Mullet Bay so far

Favorite cruise ship...geesh, you are killing me. Epic has always been my favorite, but for many different reasons (timing, kidless, first cruise for my husband, GREAT roll call whom I'm still friends with many, Blue man, just so many different reasons). This all might change after I try sailing her again this year. We'll see if it remains the same.

After that, probably Breakaway (again, many reasons..ALL 4 of my kids and their families were with us, so that made it special). Dream is a close second too. If I had to pick a smaller or older ship...I would say the Spirit or the Sun. But seriously, it's so hard to pick a "favorite" because I love them all for different reasons and experiences. It's much easier for me to pick my least favorite than favorite. :p

So glad you enjoyed Goff's Caye. I went in December through island

Marketing and they were great. Unfortunately for us the weather wasn't the greatest and we docked at 8:00 (maybe 8:30, don't remember exactly) and weren't able to get on a tender until 10:30 because of the wind and waves. We did the snorkeling off the boat and it would have been great if it hadn't been so choppy. You would have definitely enjoyed it with the great weather that you had. Then we didn't have a whole lot of time at the island since we got such a late start. I was really concerned right before we went because I was worried the island would be too small, but I had no reason to worry, it was beautiful! Maybe someday we can go back when the water is calmer and we can enjoy it all to it's fullest extent. Can't wait to read more!

It really does suck when you don't have good weather. I don't care what people say, it puts a damper on things and the way you feel about a place for sure. I hope you will be able to get back there and have wonderful weather some day. Yea, I didn't think the crowd was anything to be concerned about when I was there. Yes, there were a lot of people, but still plenty of room to spread out. Also it's like any other place you go to...people are coming and going during the day so crowds ease up too.

Do you just tell them you've been there before for the discount?

Yes

So, We depart the Jade 3/26 and our initial excursion in Roatan was going to be LFK but after seeing that the animals were no longer there we opted to go the easy route and do Maya Key. Now seeing your reviews of both I am really confused...which would you do for a first time group of 9 including kids 8-13? Thanks!

This saddens me. Really it does and I'll tell you why for many reasons.

First, there are still tons of animals there to see. This is a place where a guy took abused animals into his place and cared for them as if his own children. His son, Leo, is very passionate about animals and helped rescue Lawrence the lion and raise money to have all the deformities he's had all his life, repaired so that he could live a half way normal life (Lawrence spent his entire life in a small rolling cage in the circus and was abused).

In my opinion, don't go somewhere because of the animals. Go there because of the place. The animals are just a bonus to look at. This place is simply amazing and the most beautiful place ever. Maya Key does not compare to it and if you are going for the beach at all, you will be disappointed. It's been awhile since I was at Maya Key, so I'm really not sure how many animals they have at the moment. I know that their snorkeling is amazing for sure. But, LFK has a boat that takes you out snorkeling and if you read my second LFK review, we didn't even make it out to the snorkeling site and if it's even 1/4 of what we seen kayaking, I can only imagine what their reef is like. But I personally can not compare.

Next, as I don't want to get in to too many details, because there's just too many to list...But, if you want to find out what happened to LFK and their animals, you can do a search. They have a page that tells what happened, the connections between all the people that took the animals...and it all seems to lead back to Maya Key and the owners and those involved. Now I don't live there, I only know what people have said, including the owners, and what forms have been copied and produced for those to see online. But, Maya Key was there during the raid, they transported the animals, and they have a majority of the animals there. Of course they claim to have nothing to do with it and was just "helping out", which may be true, but if you read all the connections to this raid, it all points back to them and not in a "helping" way. Of course everything is hearsay. I was around online when this all unfolded and I did see the love and outpour of everyone from around the world supporting the owners of LFK. I also seen the people asking MK about what was going on and for someone that says they had nothing to hide, every time someone post something to them asking questions, they were quickly deleted and banned from their website. That shows somewhat an admission of guilt to me. If you have nothing to hide, why would you delete a question AND block a person instead of explaining and defending yourself?

There's much much more to this story and plenty of details online that others can read and form their own opinion.

After that, I would never go back there. That's just me. Everyone should form their own opinion and do what is best for them. They just won't get any of my money again. :)

But based on looks and things to do and see, even without all of this, my choice would be LFK 110%.

Well, I sure didn't get much done today! I did, however, manage to read all 26 pages of this review that you have completed so far. I just couldn't stop reading! :eek:

I loved Mermaid Sakari! She is truly a 7 year old version of me when it comes to the water. She certainly seems to have mastered her monofin. At Sakari's ahe, I was already a competitive swimmer and my stroke was butterfly. With that kick she has already learned and a little but of instruction on the butterfly arm stroke and how to time it with her kick, she would be able to be both a mermaid and a butterfly! :D

It made me really sad to hear about the animals at LFK. I hope that they are able to get everyone back where they belong soon. I would really like to visit LFK on one of our cruises.It does look like my idea of paradise. :cool:

I was very impressed with your camera mask. The quality of the pictures and videos you posted were excellent, and you said they look even better on your computer. Wow! I checked the specs on the links provided, and it is rated to be able to go deep enough so I would be able to use it scuba diving as well as snorkeling. I bet it would be easier to use than my hand held Olympus, too, and it is only rated to 55 ft. I think yours is good to 130 ft, plenty deep enough for me.

I want to add my voice to the list of posters saying your awful room steward needs to be reported. Think of it as saving other cruisers from having to deal with his poor attirude and poor service.

Edited by perfect match

Hey Audigirly!

Enjoying your latest escapade.

It's funny, having read all the documents about the animals at LFK (I can speak and read Spanish) I came to a different conclusion about what happened and believe most of the thing started because of smuggled macaws that were found at LFK. I have been following this for what seems ages. No judgements about anyone who wants to visit--it looks gorgeous and it is good to support the local economy, though my dollars wouldn't go there. Honduras is such a beautiful country with warm people and a thoroughly corrupt and violent underbelly--such a shame!

Rafash sounds like a real pain--ugh, that stinks. Glad you made the best of your birthday! Happy fifty!

Are you coming in to Coxenhole in Roatan? Or Mahogany Bay?

If Coxenhole, just simply walk behind the building at the port (which is where the taxi's pull up at) and to the left is the gate to leave the compound. There's a sidewalk out there that will have several vendors. You will either see one of them standing there or you can ask any of the vendors and they will tell point to you where they are standing. Super easy. No worries.

I believe Coxenhole because we'll be on the Getaway. Did I read it right that only one ship can dock there at a time? How do they decide who goes to pier and who tenders and how do we find out if we will need to tender? I'm so jealous of your platinum card (obviously tendering is not the only reason why!)

Thanks so much for all of your answers and descriptions of LFK!

Oh I will absolutely be writing another report after my Breeze cruise. I have been waiting for a long time to go on this ship. Plus it will have 2 new ports that I have never been to that I will be able to write about as well.

Oh gosh...I get ask this all the time (about the favorite beach). There's a lot of places and it all depends on the location.

-Costa Maya would be Blue Kay

-Cozumel would be Chankanaab

-Roatan would be Little French Key

-Belize would be Goffs Caye

-Absolutely LOVE Half Moon Cay (private island of Carnival)

-Grand Turk right there at the port is super nice (we will be going there again in a few weeks and get to experience some of the other beaches).

-BERMUDA!!!-St Catherines, St Davids beaches

-St Thomas-Coki & Sapphire is a toss up between the two for different reasons

St Maarten-Mullet Bay so far

Favorite cruise ship...geesh, you are killing me. Epic has always been my favorite, but for many different reasons (timing, kidless, first cruise for my husband, GREAT roll call whom I'm still friends with many, Blue man, just so many different reasons). This all might change after I try sailing her again this year. We'll see if it remains the same.

After that, probably Breakaway (again, many reasons..ALL 4 of my kids and their families were with us, so that made it special). Dream is a close second too. If I had to pick a smaller or older ship...I would say the Spirit or the Sun. But seriously, it's so hard to pick a "favorite" because I love them all for different reasons and experiences. It's much easier for me to pick my least favorite than favorite. :p

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So amazing that you've been able to have all these experiences...and love how each cruise ship is special for different reasons. You've had some lovely family time.

We're going to St Thomas for one of our stops and see you named Coki (as a tie) for favorite. We're thinking of going there. It was your pictures drew me there as the water looks so pure and beautiful (and we're not even snorkelers).

Mullet too looks pretty and is a possible option.

Thanks again for sharing. I look forward to reading your a report on your Breeze cruise. Have an awesome time.

So excited to read the rest of your review and your upcoming one as well! I wanted to do this cruise back in January because it was so cheap, I think a balcony was$599pp, 3rd and 4th passenger free and the beverage package was included and our airfare nonstop from Boston was under $500 total for 4 people. I just couldn't convince my husband to book, he doesn't think it's safe to bring our 6 and 3 year olds on a cruise and wants to wait until they're like 10:eek:, I don't think I can wait that long, so I'll just keep showing him all these wonderful reviews on here and hope he'll change his mind....:rolleyes:

Also I love the mermaid outfit! I showed my 3 year old who also says she's a mermaid and she said she wants one! Lol she's going to have to learn to swim a little better but I'll eventually have to get one for her it's just too cool!!

Edited by Jaime0528

I am so glad you liked Goffs Caye. We went through sunkissed in Jan 2015 and snorkeled with their tour. When we were in Belize in November, we hung out at a bar at the pier and drank, LOL. I am on the 10 night cruise on the Dawn May 8 and am thinking about going back to Goffs Caye and swimming around on my own. Thanks for the idea!! :)

This saddens me. Really it does and I'll tell you why for many reasons.

First, there are still tons of animals there to see. This is a place where a guy took abused animals into his place and cared for them as if his own children. His son, Leo, is very passionate about animals and helped rescue Lawrence the lion and raise money to have all the deformities he's had all his life, repaired so that he could live a half way normal life (Lawrence spent his entire life in a small rolling cage in the circus and was abused).

In my opinion, don't go somewhere because of the animals. Go there because of the place. The animals are just a bonus to look at. This place is simply amazing and the most beautiful place ever. Maya Key does not compare to it and if you are going for the beach at all, you will be disappointed. It's been awhile since I was at Maya Key, so I'm really not sure how many animals they have at the moment. I know that their snorkeling is amazing for sure. But, LFK has a boat that takes you out snorkeling and if you read my second LFK review, we didn't even make it out to the snorkeling site and if it's even 1/4 of what we seen kayaking, I can only imagine what their reef is like. But I personally can not compare.

Next, as I don't want to get in to too many details, because there's just too many to list...But, if you want to find out what happened to LFK and their animals, you can do a search. They have a page that tells what happened, the connections between all the people that took the animals...and it all seems to lead back to Maya Key and the owners and those involved. Now I don't live there, I only know what people have said, including the owners, and what forms have been copied and produced for those to see online. But, Maya Key was there during the raid, they transported the animals, and they have a majority of the animals there. Of course they claim to have nothing to do with it and was just "helping out", which may be true, but if you read all the connections to this raid, it all points back to them and not in a "helping" way. Of course everything is hearsay. I was around online when this all unfolded and I did see the love and outpour of everyone from around the world supporting the owners of LFK. I also seen the people asking MK about what was going on and for someone that says they had nothing to hide, every time someone post something to them asking questions, they were quickly deleted and banned from their website. That shows somewhat an admission of guilt to me. If you have nothing to hide, why would you delete a question AND block a person instead of explaining and defending yourself?

There's much much more to this story and plenty of details online that others can read and form their own opinion.

After that, I would never go back there. That's just me. Everyone should form their own opinion and do what is best for them. They just won't get any of my money again. :)

But based on looks and things to do and see, even without all of this, my choice would be LFK 110%.

Thank you for sharing this! I too have been following this since the beginning, and will be at LFK in a few weeks. Like another poster indicated, I also speak and read Spanish, and I came to the same conclusion as you. There is just too much pointing at MK for them to be innocent of any wrongdoing in the situation. It is so sad to me, having sent 100's if not 1000's of my cruise clients to LFK over the years (yes, I was a travel agent in a past life) that the owners and their children are having to endure not only the pain of the loss of their beloved animals, but also taking the financial hit for those who don't know the whole story and take their business elsewhere. I hope to find out more info when we're there in a few weeks and get an update.

Well, I sure didn't get much done today! I did, however, manage to read all 26 pages of this review that you have completed so far. I just couldn't stop reading!

I loved Mermaid Sakari! She is truly a 7 year old version of me when it comes to the water. She certainly seems to have mastered her monofin. At Sakari's ahe, I was already a competitive swimmer and my stroke was butterfly. With that kick she has already learned and a little but of instruction on the butterfly arm stroke and how to time it with her kick, she would be able to be both a mermaid and a butterfly!

It made me really sad to hear about the animals at LFK. I hope that they are able to get everyone back where they belong soon. I would really like to visit LFK on one of our cruises.It does look like my idea of paradise.

I was very impressed with your camera mask. The quality of the pictures and videos you posted were excellent, and you said they look even better on your computer. Wow! I checked the specs on the links provided, and it is rated to be able to go deep enough so I would be able to use it scuba diving as well as snorkeling. I bet it would be easier to use than my hand held Olympus, too, and it is only rated to 55 ft. I think yours is good to 130 ft, plenty deep enough for me.

I want to add my voice to the list of posters saying your awful room steward needs to be reported. Think of it as saving other cruisers from having to deal with his poor attirude and poor service.

Oh my :eek: 26 pages in a day huh? Sorry I distracted you Nancy. :D

Quite honestly about Sakari's swimming...she is a great swimmer and last year finally learned how to doggie paddle to stay in one place above water...well tread water I guess you call it, but doggie style. :p She actually learned that on one of our cruises.

However, she can't swim on top of water at all. She panics. She also can't swim if she don't have her goggles on. She claims it freaks her out when she can't see (and once she tried opening her eyes in the pool on a ship without her goggles and forgot it was salt water! Ouch). So the next step is swimming on water. :)

Really? The mask goggles goes that deep? I had no clue since I only snorkel. That's awesome.

Hey Audigirly!

Enjoying your latest escapade.

It's funny, having read all the documents about the animals at LFK (I can speak and read Spanish) I came to a different conclusion about what happened and believe most of the thing started because of smuggled macaws that were found at LFK. I have been following this for what seems ages. No judgements about anyone who wants to visit--it looks gorgeous and it is good to support the local economy, though my dollars wouldn't go there. Honduras is such a beautiful country with warm people and a thoroughly corrupt and violent underbelly--such a shame!

Rafash sounds like a real pain--ugh, that stinks. Glad you made the best of your birthday! Happy fifty!

I did a translation (at the time) on the comments in Spanish, but of course the meaning sometimes gets lost in translation. If the macaws were the problem, I wonder why they decided to take all the other animals (which I would consider the "main attractions" to LFK because they did have permits and papers on them. It just didn't make much sense to me to take any of them that they could prove they had papers. What I was getting out of it is that they thought LFK was a part of the bird sanctuary that is located over on the land by Frenchy 44 (which happens to be Victor Bodden of Bodden tours brother or something like that). But they thought it was also a part of LFK? I don't know. It's all hearsay but still upsetting. I have seen the reaction of the animals (especially Simba) with the trainers and you could tell there was so much love. I truly believe those animals are well taken care of and loved by the staff and owners and you can tell their love is reciprocated back. Hopefully they'll work it out some day and everyone will be satisfied...for the sake of the animals.

I agree. Roatan is a beautiful place. We have, believe it or not lol, been to other places there and seen the countryside and other places. Truly beautiful. :)

I believe Coxenhole because we'll be on the Getaway. Did I read it right that only one ship can dock there at a time? How do they decide who goes to pier and who tenders and how do we find out if we will need to tender? I'm so jealous of your platinum card (obviously tendering is not the only reason why!)

Thanks so much for all of your answers and descriptions of LFK!

Yes, then you'll be at Coxenhole if you are on a NCL ship. Yes, there's only room for 1 ship there and I can't imagine Getaway (with the size of it) being able to dock there...but you never know. You should be able to look on your papers on NCL's site and see if it says tender. Or maybe someone on the roll call knows already. I believe the factors that determine who dock somewhere depends on "status" and when they "booked" it. I know they said that the Dawn and booked the dock either last year or the year before. I guess the Jade wasn't going there yet at that time. So, the Dawn got priority. Also, it can depend (I found this out) if you are considered a "regular" there...as in every winter Dawn goes to that port, then they would get priority. If Jade sometimes visits, or may visit for X amount of times during the year and then get switched somewhere else, they would not have priority. At least this is how it was explained to me by senior staff and the Captain before.

Hey, I worked hard for that Platinum card. :D

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So amazing that you've been able to have all these experiences...and love how each cruise ship is special for different reasons. You've had some lovely family time.

We're going to St Thomas for one of our stops and see you named Coki (as a tie) for favorite. We're thinking of going there. It was your pictures drew me there as the water looks so pure and beautiful (and we're not even snorkelers).

Mullet too looks pretty and is a possible option.

Thanks again for sharing. I look forward to reading your a report on your Breeze cruise. Have an awesome time.

Coki is a wonderful place. BUT, if you are not going for the snorkeling...which is just simply out of this world, you might want to consider Sapphire Beach. So beautiful there. Beautiful sand/beach area, no need for umbrellas because sea grape trees line the beach and IF you do happen to snorkel, it has that there too. One of the "regulars" on these boards (Bluewater) loves it so much there that they actually rent the condo's right there at the beach. If you go to the St Thomas boards, Blue can tell you anything you want to know about Sapphire (and other surrounding areas as well...very informative).

Back when we went there, I didn't take as many pictures for some reason, but I do have some. Here's a little "taste" of some...

IMG_2012-M.jpg

IMG_1875-M.jpg

IMG_1710-M.jpg

IMG_1709-M.jpg

It really is beautiful there. CLICK HERE for all of my pictures.

Here is a link to the webcam that's located right on the condos by the beach. View it some time during the day and see just how beautiful it is.

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/

Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just thought I would give you options. :D

So excited to read the rest of your review and your upcoming one as well! I wanted to do this cruise back in January because it was so cheap, I think a balcony was$599pp, 3rd and 4th passenger free and the beverage package was included and our airfare nonstop from Boston was under $500 total for 4 people. I just couldn't convince my husband to book, he doesn't think it's safe to bring our 6 and 3 year olds on a cruise and wants to wait until they're like 10:eek:, I don't think I can wait that long, so I'll just keep showing him all these wonderful reviews on here and hope he'll change his mind....:rolleyes:

Also I love the mermaid outfit! I showed my 3 year old who also says she's a mermaid and she said she wants one! Lol she's going to have to learn to swim a little better but I'll eventually have to get one for her it's just too cool!!

Yep, that's the reason we booked...it was just dirt cheap. However, we wanted to go the cheapest route since it was last minute and still only paid $980 for all 3 of us. We didn't get the UBP or anything else with the booking. I heard that if you book so close, they won't offer it and it wasn't on the booking when we brought it up. Oh well. We just didn't drink much this time around.

Awww, not safe? I would say it's about as safe for a youngster as any adult. :)

The mermaid outfits are so cute. Sakari just loves hers. (I'll let you in on a little secret, I bought her another one in a different color for her upcoming birthday. She's going to be so excited).

I am so glad you liked Goffs Caye. We went through sunkissed in Jan 2015 and snorkeled with their tour. When we were in Belize in November, we hung out at a bar at the pier and drank, LOL. I am on the 10 night cruise on the Dawn May 8 and am thinking about going back to Goffs Caye and swimming around on my own. Thanks for the idea!! :)

The name of the tour we booked was called EXCURSION: SUN KISSED BELIZE GOFF'S CAYE BEACH & SNORKELING

:D

Wow....thanks so much for the review - it killed most of my Sunday afternoon and just caught up using the tail end of my lunch break.

SO....The Escape huh?? What date are you looking at??

Me and the wife will be on the July 2nd cruise.

Yea, imagine how much of my Saturday and Sunday it killed. :D :p

Yep, we booked the Escape for next October 2017. That was the latest one they could find for it, since they book the ships so far out in order to give you plenty of time to change it to a different date if you want with the Cruise Next booking.

Thank you for sharing this! I too have been following this since the beginning, and will be at LFK in a few weeks. Like another poster indicated, I also speak and read Spanish, and I came to the same conclusion as you. There is just too much pointing at MK for them to be innocent of any wrongdoing in the situation. It is so sad to me, having sent 100's if not 1000's of my cruise clients to LFK over the years (yes, I was a travel agent in a past life) that the owners and their children are having to endure not only the pain of the loss of their beloved animals, but also taking the financial hit for those who don't know the whole story and take their business elsewhere. I hope to find out more info when we're there in a few weeks and get an update.

I hope you are able to talk to the owner and see what you can find out first hand. I really hated that I missed him this time. He's such a nice man with a nice family. Let me know if you find out anything. I know they are still fighting and have the lawyers involved. But even so, this place is so beautiful and even without the animals in the equation, I wouldn't hesitate to go there. Have a wonderful time in Roatan. :)

Ok everyone. I think I'm caught up with the replies.

I want to apologize for not being back since the weekend. I have managed to get so much done with my homework...4 papers accomplished. I only have 1 more APA paper to go and I'm officially DONE with one of the nursing classes for this semester. (But still have 4 more weeks to go to finish out one of my elective classes this semester).

So...I have decided to try to knock out this last paper tonight and get it out of the way and not have to worry about this class anymore....other than sit back and bite my nails waiting for my final grade to come in this weekend.

I promise I will be back tomorrow to continue with the review. I just didn't want to leave everyone hanging. :)

Thank you for taking the time that you do on your reviews. They are great.

We are just off the Jade (03/05 - 03/12) and went to LFK and it will be our go to place in Roatan. We went to Maya Key about 4 years ago - and it just doesn't compare to LFK. Plus - we were very impressed with the environment for the animals and how clean the cages were, etc.

Love the LFK review once again. If we ever make it there I think we may just have to visit LFK.

Take your time and relax with your family tonight

Hey Jen!

I'm heading to LFK because of Mitsugirly's reviews! I'm so excited she had a third one to share with me before I went!

I love your review of Goff's Caye. I had looked into it a bit a few months ago but was a little nervous/put off by the remoteness of it. Like what happens if a storm comes in, etc. The pics I saw were really kind of mediocre... Now we've already gone and booked Bacab EcoPark INLAND (how lame, I know)... I really think Goff's Caye would have been excellent for us.

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

Ok everyone. I think I'm caught up with the replies.

I want to apologize for not being back since the weekend. I have managed to get so much done with my homework...4 papers accomplished. I only have 1 more APA paper to go and I'm officially DONE with one of the nursing classes for this semester. (But still have 4 more weeks to go to finish out one of my elective classes this semester).

So...I have decided to try to knock out this last paper tonight and get it out of the way and not have to worry about this class anymore....other than sit back and bite my nails waiting for my final grade to come in this weekend.

I promise I will be back tomorrow to continue with the review. I just didn't want to leave everyone hanging. :)

Get your last paper done, and try not too worry too much about your final grade. You have passed every other class, you've got this! Looking forward to more when you can.