MITSUGIRLY'S birthday cruise on the JADE review/pictorial

mitsugirly

I'm sitting here trying to "finalize" my plans for my upcoming cruise and was on Island Marketing's website and booked something for San Juan. Then I just decided to check out St Maarten for the heck of it, even though I know what/where we are going...and found an advertisement picture on there that looks EXACTLY like SAKARI!!! I tell my husband..."Who is this man with our daughter?" He thinks it looks like her too.

StMaartenFamily.jpg

You're right, that does look like Sakari.

Thanks for another great review. The end of a cruise is always disappointing, but this one was definitely a bit more dismal! Glad you're all back to 'normal' :).

Have fun on the Breeze and will look forward to your next review on the Carnival boards!

Edited by aztekpm

You're right, that does look like Sakari.

Thanks for another great review. The end of a cruise is always disappointing, but this one was definitely a bit more dismal! Glad you're all back to 'normal' :).

Have fun on the Breeze and will look forward to your next review on the Carnival boards!

Thanks and I plan on having a great time on the Breeze. :D

I just found out that NCL Gem was turned away 2 days ago in St Maarten due to the number of passengers on it with Norovirus. :eek:

ARTICLE HERE

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ enjoyed your story as always. Too bad the cruise had to end on such a crappy note.

Wow, that little girl does look a lot like Sakari!

Looking so forward to your Breeze review (& gambee's Oasis one too), both ships I've cruised on. Hopefully they're started before I leave for my own cruises, lol.

Thanks again for all the time & effort you put into your reviews.

~ Jo ~ :)

Kim:

Your birthday cruise (Happy Birthday!) was a surprise for me. I always enjoy reading your reviews. Thank you for putting this together.

Thank you NCL for the parting Norovirus gift. I appreciate it. :p

Once while visiting Disney and another time returning from Copper Canyon in Mexico on a bus, I had this same experience. My return trip home was much like yours. It reads funny but there is nothing funny about experiencing Norovirus. Both times, it took nearly a month before I felt 100% again. In my mind, not sure I've ever felt sicker. Thank you for adding this to your review and sharing in detail. I hope that others can better understand the level of sickness that comes with Norovirus. It's not just a tummy ache.

Thanks again. Glad to see you have another vacation starting soon!

Bruce...

Thanks for another awesome review, Kim! I will have to get my daughter a mermaid outfit!! Sorry about Noro :( See you back on CCL soon!!

Sakari is currently enjoying her mermaid outfit on dry land at the moment. LOL She can't wait for next week. :D

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ enjoyed your story as always. Too bad the cruise had to end on such a crappy note.

Wow, that little girl does look a lot like Sakari!

Looking so forward to your Breeze review (& gambee's Oasis one too), both ships I've cruised on. Hopefully they're started before I leave for my own cruises, lol.

Thanks again for all the time & effort you put into your reviews.

~ Jo ~ :)

I know. I have been keeping up with all the pictures Gambee is posting online while on his cruise. OH THE DOLPHINS!!! I only wish I could see some while on the ship. That's one thing I have yet to see when cruising (although our cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda last year Kendra and her sister in law seen them and they were gone before I ever made it there darnit). :(

Kim:

Your birthday cruise (Happy Birthday!) was a surprise for me. I always enjoy reading your reviews. Thank you for putting this together.

Once while visiting Disney and another time returning from Copper Canyon in Mexico on a bus, I had this same experience. My return trip home was much like yours. It reads funny but there is nothing funny about experiencing Norovirus. Both times, it took nearly a month before I felt 100% again. In my mind, not sure I've ever felt sicker. Thank you for adding this to your review and sharing in detail. I hope that others can better understand the level of sickness that comes with Norovirus. It's not just a tummy ache.

Thanks again. Glad to see you have another vacation starting soon!

Bruce...

Yep, it was a surprise for everyone. A very good surprise. :D I knew the people on cc were going to be shocked. I was only spotted once by someone on the boards...and they didn't even know I was on the ship. :p

Noro is no joke! That's for sure. I'm coming in armed this time! :p

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such wonderful reviews! I love all the pictures and information.

Aww thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it. :)

Re: Runny Eggs

The problem with the eggs is that they do not use real eggs. They use an egg mix and it never really has the same taste or consistency of real eggs. If the Jade had an omelet station where you could also ask for fried eggs, then you could ask them to use real eggs to make up an omelet. Even the egg mixture they have in the bowl they dip into to make the omelets is not made with fresh cracked eggs....At least this is what we learned on the Carnival Dream and I imagine it probably is also done on the other lines.

Re: Runny Eggs

The problem with the eggs is that they do not use real eggs. They use an egg mix and it never really has the same taste or consistency of real eggs. If the Jade had an omelet station where you could also ask for fried eggs, then you could ask them to use real eggs to make up an omelet. Even the egg mixture they have in the bowl they dip into to make the omelets is not made with fresh cracked eggs....At least this is what we learned on the Carnival Dream and I imagine it probably is also done on the other lines.

Yep, that's exactly what I did on those days...made an omelet. ;) Although I did watch them dip into the mixture for the eggs and it had clumps :confused: in it. I'm not sure what that was. It looked nothing like eggs that had been beaten. But they were good. Honestly, I'm not picky about my eggs and have ate "Egg Beaters" many times. BUT it MUST be cooked and not runny. I know that these eggs can be cooked all the way with no issues. Most days they are ok, but on those port days were everyone is trying to eat fast (at the buffet) I imagine there's such a huge turn over that they don't get cooked as long as other days. :(

Great review, they are always fun to read. If your ever go to Lax Vegas, Silverton some days of the week has mermaids in their fish tank. Just took my kids and they were enthralled!

Thanks for sharing the embarrassment at the end. We have all been there and it gave me a good laugh. Not fun to make public, but we have all had a similar story. I was flying back from Atlanta on mine,😕.

mitsugirly, thank you for another great review! i am so sorry you and your husband got sick and so glad Sakari did not. we are so excited here at home as we are packing for our cruise that leaves this sunday, and looking so forward to all of our excursions we've selected based on your great reviews!! thanks again and i hope you and your family have a great cruise next week as well!!

Great review, they are always fun to read. If your ever go to Lax Vegas, Silverton some days of the week has mermaids in their fish tank. Just took my kids and they were enthralled!

Thanks for sharing the embarrassment at the end. We have all been there and it gave me a good laugh. Not fun to make public, but we have all had a similar story. I was flying back from Atlanta on mine,😕.

It's funny that when I was looking for something to do on my birthday, I was checking out hotels in Vegas for a quick extended getaway for the weekend. I knew I wanted to celebrate my 50th somehow and I was going to Vegas! I have never been there, so I had my work cut out for me and I did run into pictures of that place with the mermaids (and at Christmas time they had Santa). Pretty cool. Some day I'll make it there!

Why is it that things like this always happen when you're in public and not when at home? :eek: :o :p

mitsugirly, thank you for another great review! i am so sorry you and your husband got sick and so glad Sakari did not. we are so excited here at home as we are packing for our cruise that leaves this sunday, and looking so forward to all of our excursions we've selected based on your great reviews!! thanks again and i hope you and your family have a great cruise next week as well!!

Aww, I hope you have a wonderful time and you enjoy going to the places I have been. :) Happy cruising! :D

HI all!

mitsugirly ~on the subject of runny eggs, we had the worst yet on our recent Thomson Dream cruise, they were like soup!

Also had a problem similar to what you experienced on the last day of a Cuban land trip with a 1 hour bus trip & 4 hour flight ahead. Scary! I made myself a diaper just in case, but luckily didn't need it.:o

I just went to write your cruise date on my calendar & already had it along with Jamman, who's sailing Fascination. Lots of great cruise reviews coming up soon!:D

Have a great day!

~ Jo ~:)

Thanks for the great review. I know this is random but since you mentioned dolphins if you ever cruise out of Galveston, there are almost always dolphins near the pier. They are pretty little, or maybe they are just so far away that they look little, but it is always cool to see them. They like to leap in and out of the wakes of all the boats and ships. I've seen them during sail away a couple different times and sometimes right after boarding.

HI all!

mitsugirly ~on the subject of runny eggs, we had the worst yet on our recent Thomson Dream cruise, they were like soup!

Also had a problem similar to what you experienced on the last day of a Cuban land trip with a 1 hour bus trip & 4 hour flight ahead. Scary! I made myself a diaper just in case, but luckily didn't need it.:o

I just went to write your cruise date on my calendar & already had it along with Jamman, who's sailing Fascination. Lots of great cruise reviews coming up soon!:D

Have a great day!

~ Jo ~:)

I am sitting here thinking "I wonder how she made a diaper" and my thoughts are wondering. LOL I can't even imagine. :p

Yep, me and Jamman are sailing the same dates again, just not the same ship like last time. :( I believe he has already been on the Breeze (or at least I think I was reading his review of it awhile back). Maybe next year...we seem to pick the same dates (Spring Break) every time. LOL

Thanks for another great review. Sorry about the 'crappy' ending.

Can't wait to read about your Breeze cruise. Have a great time!

LOL "Sorry about the crappy ending" LOL

Thanks and we plan on having a wonderful time. :D

Thanks for the great review. I know this is random but since you mentioned dolphins if you ever cruise out of Galveston' date=' there are almost always dolphins near the pier. They are pretty little, or maybe they are just so far away that they look little, but it is always cool to see them. They like to leap in and out of the wakes of all the boats and ships. I've seen them during sail away a couple different times and sometimes right after boarding.[/quote']

Hmm, I'm not sure I ever want to sail out of Galveston. I have heard it's a real cluster flark there. :( I considered it once, when we wanted to sail the Breeze, but obviously waited until they moved the Breeze to Miami. I have heard many on these boards mention seeing dolphins when pulling out of port in various places (especially Miami). I think I just can't stay still long enough to see anything. LOL I'm usually up dancing or wondering around during sailaway.

The dolphins were in the back of the ship swimming in the wake on our Bermuda cruise last year and my oldest daughter got to see them with her family. They had just left right when I got there. Bummer! The only other time I have seen dolphins out swimming in the ocean is an excursion I did when we swam with the sharks and stingrays in Belize. They were so fun to watch. :)

I wanted to acknowledge your beautiful nod to Kev! I also was a loyal follower and was absolutely floored when I saw the message that Kev was with us no more. I was absolutely devastated. He brought such joy and laughter. So thanks for including him here...

Here is a cheers to Kev wherever he is - missing you.

I finally got back to finish reading the review. I'm so sorry to hear about your GI virus at the end. :( That same thing happened to me at the end of our trip to Kenya in 1998. You know, the one with a 7 hour flight and a 9 hour flight!! :( I threw out some of the clothing I wore home. I just knew it would never feel clean again.

That little girl does look like Sakari!

We are 43 days out from our vacation. First FL/WDW and then NCL Getaway. I have been so consumed with WDW planning the last few weeks I feel like I need to get another heads up on what is going on on NCL. You know - what else may have changed in a few weeks. ;)

I can't wait to read your review of the Breeze. Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

Thanks for the review ~ can always depend on you for amazing excursion pics and experiences! I was looking into Goff Caye and now I definitely want to go:cool:

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I hope if you go to Goffs Caye you enjoy your day there. :)

I wanted to acknowledge your beautiful nod to Kev! I also was a loyal follower and was absolutely floored when I saw the message that Kev was with us no more. I was absolutely devastated. He brought such joy and laughter. So thanks for including him here...

Here is a cheers to Kev wherever he is - missing you.

Aww thanks. I think about him often and wish he was still with us to chat, give me more advice and to give us more of his wacky reviews. He is definitely missed! :(