Adventure of the Seas return home flight at 10:22 AM . Too early?

Hi guys

I am looking at purchasing flight tickets for return flight after an Adventure of the Seas cruise out of San Juan. Best flight is leaving at 10:22 AM. We plan on self-disembarking right at 7:00 AM. I realize there is an Ag station at the airport to go through. My wife and I our TSA pre-check. Just wanted experts thoughts if they would book it. Next best time is around 2:45 PM

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Umm, kind of ok...if everything goes exactly according to plan you should make it. If the ship should be delayed returning to San Juan you won't.

The Ag station is right inside the door and takes just a minute (usually.) The security line can be quite long, but pre-check should speed things up for you. But it's going to be tight, with no room for hiccups.

I do sympathize because I take that cruise each year with family from Denver, and they now just stay over a night at the end of the cruise and take an early morning flight connecting thru DFW on the way home. There's just no simple way to get a quick return to CO from SJU.

Good luck!

Just did this last month on a Saturday for a seaborne flight at 11am....left ship at 8....no wait at ag....security line was not long....any later and imagine it was bonkers....get out early and you should be ok....have a plan b...

My son made his return flight for 12:35. Based on the Navigator issues with coast guard we we're unable to debark early. Normally everything is fine for early flight but not a risk I want to take.

He was able to get part of his money back by cancelling flight Saturday the day we boarded (alliance)

We got to the gate 15 minutes before boarding our 12:45 flight.

We're cruising on AOS this May and when I originally booked my flights I was pretty comfortable with a return at 11:30am (we've done a 12:45pm return before and the long wait at SJU was horrible)...Since then my flight times have changed 3 times and I'm now on the 10:30am flight...not happy but the alternative is much too late. So I'll be in the first group off and hope for the best....or that there's a flight time change again...at this point won't be surprised.

We have made an 11:00 am flight with plenty of time to spare. That being said, my best advice is to immediately get a porter at port and airport to walk you through immigration and AG and security. Best $ spent.

We were also plenty prepared in the event we did not make it. We were prepared to spend an extra night and fly out the next morning if need be. We chose the early flight to get home at a reasonable time but decided we were not going to stress over it if we didn't make it. It was just the two of us, so no worries.

So if you can plan to make it, but prepare if you don't, you will be fine.

Love sailing from Puerto Rico, enjoy!

Everyone comments about long the lines are at SJU. It depends on what time of day you get there. If you get to the airport at 12:00, you ARE going to find long lines because that's a very busy time for them. If you get to the airport by 8:30 or 9:00, the lines are going to be very short because the majority of travelers have not shown up yet. If you miss a 10:30 flight it will be because you didn't get off the ship soon enough, not because the airport was crowded.

We had a 10am flight home for our April cruise from SJU. About a month ago I changed it till 2pm. I told dw I just wouldn't be able to enjoy my cruise stressing over this one day. I will be much more relaxed now.

We have made an 11:00 am flight with plenty of time to spare. That being said, my best advice is to immediately get a porter at port and airport to walk you through immigration and AG and security. Best $ spent.

We were also plenty prepared in the event we did not make it. We were prepared to spend an extra night and fly out the next morning if need be. We chose the early flight to get home at a reasonable time but decided we were not going to stress over it if we didn't make it. It was just the two of us, so no worries.

So if you can plan to make it, but prepare if you don't, you will be fine.

Love sailing from Puerto Rico, enjoy!

I absolutely agree!

The porter gets us through with no wait - we usually get off ship at 8:00 and arrive at airport at 9:00. The first flight we can take isn't until noon and the wait is so long.

Hi guys

I am looking at purchasing flight tickets for return flight after an Adventure of the Seas cruise out of San Juan. Best flight is leaving at 10:22 AM. We plan on self-disembarking right at 7:00 AM. I realize there is an Ag station at the airport to go through. My wife and I our TSA pre-check. Just wanted experts thoughts if they would book it. Next best time is around 2:45 PM

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

You should have no problem. DH and I had a 915am flight in January and we were at the gate by 815. Self-disembark with only carry-on bags, taxi, AG inspection, TSA pre-check. All of that took less than 30 mins. Traffic is light early morning Saturday.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Way too early for us. The last time we were TSA Pre checked the line wasn't moving any faster than the other lines.

Last time we flew the TSA line was not opened that early. We had to do the line with every one else.

Way too early for us. The last time we were TSA Pre checked the line wasn't moving any faster than the other lines.

Last time we flew the TSA line was not opened that early. We had to do the line with every one else.

An early flight does involve some risk since things can happen that are unexpected. It's easy for us to get off the ship quickly since our bags are small. Usually early departure from the ship goes smoothly for sailings that come in every week. We did have a delay once where we weren't off until 7:50. When we were there in January the TSA pre-check line was just opening a little before 8am. It was a Saturday. The regular line wasn't too bad - maybe about 25 people. The earlier you get there the less crowded it is.

you will make it just fine. I took a carnival cruise in september and wished i hadnt taken advice for a later flight than 11am. We did self assist. We were in the meeting area at the appointed time and were off the ship, past customs and in a taxi 15 minutes later. Got to the airport in maybe 20 minutes and it was a ghost town with no one at the ag screen or security. Gave us plenty of time to do some shopping at the duty free store though!

• 2 weeks later...