Live from the Anthem

Thanks for sharing with us, could you check the price on the cooler bag for beer, you pay one price up front and get the bag with 5 or six cans, I cant remember which, but you can then refill the cooler for a reduced price. This was a good cost saver for me on our last trip and was wondering if the price had increased drastically.

Thanks.

Cooler bag package can be had only at pool bar and is $45 with 6 beers. For refills you pay for 5 and get 6 beers.

Better deal at pool bar is the bucket of beer where you pay for 4 and get 5 so bring your own cooler bag or use their bucket with ice at no extra cost for either and save more. Beers offered for this are dos equix, corona, bud, bud light, coors light, miller light and Heineken. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=379798&d=1458156589

attachment.php?attachmentid=379799&d=1458156589

P3161896.jpg.75fcef9e1d3796a42e5fda230b045f8f.jpg

P3161898.jpg.acb3a61982f46882db13fd9d136f1518.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We just enjoyed a lovely lunch at Coastal kitchen.. Hubby is having a great day on the flowrider.. 5:00 pm is the C&A party for Diamonds, diamond Plus and Pinnacles followed by the Gift at 7:00 pm. Another wonderful day with clear skies. Two more sea days before going home. We are starting to get sad as we have had a wonderful time with our friends.

Edited by Colorado Babe

Cooler bag package can be had only at pool bar and is $45 with 6 beers. For refills you pay for 5 and get 6 beers.

Better deal at pool bar is the bucket of beer where you pay for 4 and get 5 so bring your own cooler bag or use their bucket with ice at no extra cost for either and save more. Beers offered for this are dos equix, corona, bud, bud light, coors light, miller light and Heineken. ;)

I've had my beer bag for 3-4 years. Makes a great in room ice bucket and a good size for a bottle of Riesling

We just enjoyed a lovely lunch at Coastal kitchen.. Hubby is having a great day on the flowrider.. 5:00 pm is the C&A party for Diamonds, diamond Plus and Pinnacles followed by the Gift at 7:00 pm. Another wonderful day with clear skies. Two more sea days before going home. We are starting to get sad as we have had a wonderful time with our friends.

So besides the room mishap, a wonderful cruise?

Have a great time and sorry for all the issues! [emoji3][emoji6] Tell the DH hello!

Thank you so much, been after this answer for a while now and it will really help me to figure out if the 20% discount bev package will work. For anyone wondering the 20% discount is available for the march 27th sailing!

We went and saw "the Gift" last night. I truly don't get the shows on this ship. Everyone around us felt the same. Today hubby will be on the flowrider again and I've been invited to sit down with the guest services officers up in the CL lounge to discuss our issues.

Edited by Colorado Babe

Our great friend from PA was awarded a very large crystal block and bottle of champagne at the top tier event last night. He has almost 1400 sea nights. [ATTACH]379851[/ATTACH]

He had to be earning his 1400th point on that cruise in order to earn that crystal Stratum.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you so much, been after this answer for a while now and it will really help me to figure out if the 20% discount bev package will work. For anyone wondering the 20% discount is available for the march 27th sailing!

Today I saw the RCI cooler bag today being sold on deck 4 for $9.95 so it would be cheaper get one there and buy the bucket of beer at 5 for the price of 4 which would be $34 or $36 depending instead of $45 for the bag with one more, six beers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=379880&d=1458232492

attachment.php?attachmentid=379879&d=1458232492

P3171963a.jpg.f228921d8579508b2efe4bc4a8ff1c26.jpg

P3171962.jpg.49e662751208f88460d935cb623c2f19.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Met with the guest services manager this morning. What a wonderful man. We chatted for almost an hour about his beloved Scotland! What a wonderful conversation. He offered to change our refund to 30 percent. My husband and I are very thankful and though that was very fair. We are very happy about the outcome and are now looking forward to the bridge tour this afternoon with our friends! Lunch at Chic was delicious this afternoon. I had the tutti salad bar, hubby had the lobster roll with fries. Highly recommend both! Happy St Patty's day all!

Met with the guest services manager this morning. What a wonderful man. We chatted for almost an hour about his beloved Scotland! What a wonderful conversation. He offered to change our refund to 30 percent. My husband and I are very thankful and though that was very fair. We are very happy about the outcome and are now looking forward to the bridge tour this afternoon with our friends! Lunch at Chic was delicious this afternoon. I had the tutti salad bar, hubby had the lobster roll with fries. Highly recommend both! Happy St Patty's day all!

Isn't it amazing how a little money can improve your day ;)

enjoy your next few days. Are you headed back yet?

We've actually been having a great time. One of our best cruises yet. If it weren't for the room situation I would have given it a 10! For a ship this size it has really impressed us!

Edited by Colorado Babe

We've actually been having a great time. One of our best cruises yet. If it weren't for the room situation I would have given it a 10! For a ship this size it has really impressed us!

Have you run into the lady with the free suite upgrade that wanted to share drink package with her husband

I think I just ran into that woman at the pool bar tonight. Berated the bartender pretty bad. Muttered about hating the ship. Was a miserable wretch. Walked away without her card so bartender just chuckled and left it on the bar. I told the bartender not to worry about her that I would put a shout out on cruise critic about how wonderful he has been to us since we have been up there almost every night for our daughter to have her nighttime swim. I was truly hoping I wouldn't see her but it seems it may have happened. I know that there are a lot of very miserable whiny complaining people on this ship to the point that my 10 year old daughter has noticed but we also met the nicest family ever so I think in the end we came out on the plus side. I don't post often on cruise critic but am thinking I will do an honest review of all areas for others when I get back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So they are using the tables in Chic as an overflow area for American Icon?

I think I just ran into that woman at the pool bar tonight. Berated the bartender pretty bad. Muttered about hating the ship. Was a miserable wretch. Walked away without her card so bartender just chuckled and left it on the bar. I told the bartender not to worry about her that I would put a shout out on cruise critic about how wonderful he has been to us since we have been up there almost every night for our daughter to have her nighttime swim. I was truly hoping I wouldn't see her but it seems it may have happened. I know that there are a lot of very miserable whiny complaining people on this ship to the point that my 10 year old daughter has noticed but we also met the nicest family ever so I think in the end we came out on the plus side. I don't post often on cruise critic but am thinking I will do an honest review of all areas for others when I get back home.

Thumbs-Up-Garfield.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is the bartenders name at the pool bar? I'll keep a look out for him on our 3/27 sailing :D

When I was on quantum, reservations were not needed for Northstar. Are reservations needed for Northstar now and if so do you make them on line prior to your sailing or on the ship.

We have not had to make reservations for Northstar. Just for I-fly.