luggage tags -color? holders?

Girlsmom

Do my luggage tags need to be printed in color (I only have black and white printer at home)?

Do I need to buy the cruise luggage tag holders from amazon, or can I just staple the paper tags onto my luggage?

Do my luggage tags need to be printed in color (I only have black and white printer at home)?

Do I need to buy the cruise luggage tag holders from amazon, or can I just staple the paper tags onto my luggage?

You don't have to print in color. Staple is ok. I get self laminating sheets from the office supply store and then attach with a zip tie.

The colors are specific to the deck and area of the ship, so I think it would be important to have color.

As for how to secure them, I have used laminate before, and also slid them into a sheet protector, folded them up, stapled them and punched a hole through them to wrap around a luggage handle.

There are plenty of people though who just staple the paper to the luggage handle, so you have options. don't get elaborate.

I bought the Amazon tag holders for my January cruise on Victory. They are very nice and reusable. The metal attaching wires are very sturdy and the holders have metal grommets. I bought the RCCL/Celebrity size for my April cruise on Allure. 8 tags about 15 bucks. I think well worth it. :D

I just print in black and white and never have a problem. I use the tag holders that I got at favors by serendipity dot com and have had them since 2009.

Edited by Rayefan

While I print in color, I use clear packing tape to cover the tags. When the airlines handle my bag the morning of the cruise, the packing tape provides protection.

The main reason I use the luggage tag is because it says Priority. I usually just walk my one bag onto the ship anyway.

Edited by evandbob

I have only ever printed in black and white. For 2 cruises I folded the tags and stapled them at the hotel before heading over to the dock. For 1 cruise I got all "fancy" and put some clear packing tape over the tags to keep them from ripping. (I still only stapled the "Fancy" tags).

I wouldn't worry about the tag ripping off so long as you've got your name on your luggage (a regular airline type tag). The porters can always look up your cabin from your name on the airline style tag. It just might take a bit longer to get your bag than it otherwise would.

From Carnival's FAQ.

Q.*I don’t have a color printer; does my bag tag need to be printed in color?*

A. No, the bag tag can be printed in black and white, simply follow the instructions on the luggage tag page.*

I wrap mine in packing tape.

Not that you need one more person to say black and white is fine but black and white is fine.

Either staples (borrow stapler from front desk of hotel) or zip ties on the luggage tag after your flight works fine. Fold as instructed, no need to laminate. Just don't fly with those tags attached.

They do not have to be printed in color. I do print mine in color, then laminate, and secure using a small zip tie.

We do the same. On those few times we don't laminate, my husband uses packing time, punches a hole, and secures them with plastic ties.

I print them in black and white and attach them with staples at the hotel the morning of embarkation. In 18 cruises have never had one come off yet.

Same here, black and white and hotel stapler -- never had a problem.

Kudos to whoever thought of the holders and managed to get the folks that spend the better part of their days posting on CC to declare them the best thing since sliced bread. Someone made a few bucks.

On our last cruise I had a printer issue. Even though I had just changed the color cartridge, two of our tags came out Purple and two came out Pink. No problem. They all arrived at about the same time.

I've always just attached them with regular tape and never had a problem.

Normally we carry on but when we do check we

Print in black and white, fold, 'laminate' with packing tape, then use more packing tape to attach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We print in black & white and just staple them on the morning before going to port. They have never came off and we have never put in tag or laminated. One you fold them as shown, they are pretty thick. I carry a tiny stapler in my purse when we cruise that I bought at Walmart for a couple bucks or you could just ask at the hotel.

We use to do the packing tape and staple method for prior cruises, then decided to purchase the holders from cc. Got a great price here on cc and have used them for more than 7 cruises and are still in great shape. No more packing tape and no need to look for a stapler anymore. It's so much easier to just print tags, fold them, and put inside the clear holders and you are done. :D

After learning the hard way, I now put 2 tags on my suitcase. In separate spots. After my stapled tag got torn off during transport from dock to ship. Had to track down our bag through guest services after it never arrived to our room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app