Alarm Clocks

winowino

No actual clocks but there is a time display in the telephone and it is very easy to set a wake up call. The ship's time move and hour backwards or forwards on some nights during the cruise so individual alarm clocks would have to be reset. Which is what you have to keep an eye on if you use a travel alarm or your phone.

Call me crazy, I cant sleep without a clock. I need to be able to stay asleep, crack an eye and know its time to keep sleeping. If I have to struggle to know what time it is, I will become awake. If I awake to early, I get mad. If I get mad I wake up a little more.

My solution. The HITO Touch Digital Display Alarm Clock. It is available for a few dollars from that jungle store. This one runs on battery's, lasts a year and is illuminated all night long with big ol' tired eye sized digits.

Best way to stay a sound asleep all night long is the HITO 6" display. I purchased these for our 2014 cruise. We loved them so much we use them at home now.

Call me crazy, I cant sleep without a clock. I need to be able to stay asleep, crack an eye and know its time to keep sleeping. If I have to struggle to know what time it is, I will become awake. If I awake to early, I get mad. If I get mad I wake up a little more.

Me too. I have to know what time it is when I wake up, but don't want to wake up too much. Just want to know how much longer I get to sleep.

I don't use my phone on vacation either. Just put it in the safe. I have a battery powered clock that I will be taking.

DW and I always carry a clock with us as we like to see the time and having to get up to find the phone is a pain. The current one cost about $7.00 at WallyWorld.

Doc:)

We do the same! If we're sitting around looking through the Patter to see what we want to do that night, neither of us want to get up to look at the cabin phone, or grab a cell phone to see what time it is. We lose track of time quite easily on cruises, which is kind of the point.

Our alarm clock also has a white noise machine that we just cannot sleep without. It's just more like being at home :)

Edited by gcvt

One could always purchase one of those clocks that projects the time on the ceiling. As for the phone, I always locked it up as soon as I boarded but on my last cruise I kept it out and used it for the Princess@Sea access. It was nice to be able to check events, etc. without having a Patter.

I take my Chelsea Ship's Bell Clock. Telling time by ship,s bell has a background that goes back hundreds of years. With a Ship's Bell Clock you can hear the time. You do not need to SEE it. I can't tell you how it gets me up on time. But it does. I may have been an old navy sailor in a past life. 🕰 LOL

Tony

I take my Chelsea Ship's Bell Clock. Telling time by ship,s bell has a background that goes back hundreds of years. With a Ship's Bell Clock you can hear the time. You do not need to SEE it. I can't tell you how it gets me up on time. But it does. I may have been an old navy sailor in a past life. 🕰 LOL

Tony

How original! Kudos for getting into the spirit of things.

My solution. The HITO Touch Digital Display Alarm Clock. It is available for a few dollars from that jungle store. This one runs on battery's, lasts a year and is illuminated all night long with big ol' tired eye sized digits.

Best way to stay a sound asleep all night long is the HITO 6" display. I purchased these for our 2014 cruise. We loved them so much we use them at home now.

That "jungle store"? :confused:

Is there alarm clocks in the staterooms on the Island Princess?

We just program a wake up call through the phone in the cabin. Watch and small LED flashlight on the night stand if we are curious about the time. Cell phone off and locked in the safe for the entire Cruie.

Edited by davekathy

We use a small battery powered travel clock/sound machine - works great! Our cell phone goes in the safe and stays there unless we're in a port where we can use it at no extra charge. The room phone goes on the floor - hate having the entire bedside tabletop taken up by the bulky phone, with no room for books, tissue, glasses, glass of water, etc. The problem with using the cell phone as a clock while charging it overnight is that on some ships/some rooms the electric outlets are not close enough to the bed to do it without an extension cord.